WACA Grade Cricket - 2010-11

Re: WACA Grade Cricket - 2010-11

The WADCCI has advised that all Retravision Shield round one matches on Saturday 2 October will continue as scheduled, following the precedent from 1990 when there was a clash between the District competition and the AFL Grand Final, which was rescheduled after a draw in the Qualifying Final.

It was decided to keep the fixtures as scheduled due to the availability of Retravision Warriors’ players for District cricket, which will give the squad members another opportunity to prepare for their first Warriors’ commitment against Victoria in the National One Day competition on Friday October 8.

Another factor is that there are no other Saturdays available for Third and Fourth Grade matches to be rescheduled, which would result in Round 1 matches being declared a draw.

PLAYING TIMES (ROUND 1)

First & Second Grades (Saturday & Sunday):
11:30am to 1:30pm
2:10pm to 4.10pm
4:30pm to 6:00pm

Third & Fourth Grades (One Afternoon game – Saturday):
11.50am to 2.45pm
3.05pm to 6.00pm

Under 17 & Under 15 (Saturday & Sunday):
8:00am to 11:40am

Pretty ordinary effort really. Can see a lot of guys not playing this weekend in favour of watching the GF.

Ljp86;409445 said:
Pretty ordinary effort really. Can see a lot of guys not playing this weekend in favour of watching the GF.

I agree, especially in the lower grades... the lower grades don't like playing sundays, that's due to playing the day before on the saturdaay...

i'm sure they'd rather play this sunday than grand final day...

paper doll;409458 said:
I agree, especially in the lower grades... the lower grades don't like playing sundays, that's due to playing the day before on the saturdaay...

i'm sure they'd rather play this sunday than grand final day...

I'm sure the games could be changed to Sunday for one round and make them a one-dayer. Or they could be switched with an upcoming one-day fixture.

mas cambios;409461 said:
I suppose though, if you're playing at this level you should be committed.

First Grade no question and you'd probably be right for Second and Third grade as well. Fourth Grade is no better than WASTCA First Grade so it really isn't all that important in my opinion.

The last time something like happened was 1990, so almost all of the guys playing now wouldn't have been playing back then. It's pretty stupid of the WACA to still have games on the biggest football day of the year and expect most of the state (which is an AFL one) to still play cricket. Like I said before there will be a lot of players who won't play simply because they'd rather watch the game so round one will probably be a bit of a joke to be honest.

Obviously you haven't tried to construct a fixture before - to make wholesale changes and upset the balance of a side's home and away's and the number of two dayers is a big issue, especially with 5-6 days before the season starts. I reckon if a WA side was in the GF then there would have been more of a chance of an alternate outcome.

The decision had District Cricket's best interests at heart e.g. giving Warriors players another chance to stake claims for state honours one week before their first game is important as is the chance for 1s/2s players to stake a claim for a berth in their club's 1sts.

I don't buy into the Sunday argument for lower grades. I have heard enough over the years to know that players just don't like any form of Sunday cricket other than Colts (and many of those sides consist of 1s/2s players).

I agree with Mas Cambios' statement as well.

The season is off and away in all four grades.

Only one ground affected by weather as far as I know (Abbett losing a couple of overs either side of lunch).

All 16 clubs fielding their full compliment of sides from 1sts to U15, with those preferring to watch footy over playing cricket getting their just desserts with a less than interesting finale.

First Grade - Round 1:
Fremantle 7-320 lost to Subiaco-Floreat 297
Gosnells 67 & 1-18 lost to South Perth 9-123 dec (no play Day 2)
Mt Lawley 5-321 & 4-109 b Claremont-Nedlands 177
Perth 177 lost to Willetton 247 & 9-106
Rockingham-Mandurah 8-268 drew Melville 8-355
Scarborough 9-338 & 0-50 b Joondalup 251
University 9-340 lost to Bayswater-Morley 7-345
Wanneroo 6-354 dec b Midland-Guildford 103 & 8-94

I get down to alot of the Perth matches, big rap for Stewie Walters. Surry player who spends the Australian cricket season as captain of the side, fantastic first grade player.
Josh Nicholas also a quality bowler and youngster.

My 15 year old brother should play some Perth 3rd grade this year which is a good step for him.

Round 2, Day 1
Bayswater-Morley 3-65 v Midland-Guildford 142
Claremont-Nedlands 1-10 v Scarborough 231
Joondalup 225 v Rockingham-Mandurah 0-3
Melville 174 v Perth 1-51
Subiaco-Floreat v Gosnells 317
South Perth v Fremantle (no confirmed score but Fremantle made around 350)
Wanneroo 1-33 v University 260
Willetton 135 v Mt Lawley 2-64

Round 2 Results
Bayswater-Morley 247 b Midland-Guildford 142 & 6-87
Claremont-Nedlands 142 lost to Scarborough 231 & 106
Joondalup 225 lost to Rockingham-Mandurah 7-437
Melville 174 & 8-108 lost to Perth 242
Subiaco-Floreat 392 b Gosnells 317
South Perth 284 lost to Fremantle 8-353
Wanneroo 8-409 b University 260
Willetton 135 & 4-123 lost to Mt Lawley 180

First Grade Ladder: Wanneroo 38.03, Mount Lawley 35.30, Scarborough 35.25, Bayswater-Morley 34.42, Fremantle 32.73, Rockingham-Mandurah 28.45, Perth 27.29, Willetton 24.11, Subiaco-Floreat 22.99, South Perth 20.77, Melville 16.47, Claremont-Nedlands 12.89, University 10.50, Gosnells 10.42, Joondalup 9.56, Midland-Guildford 9.06.

ROUND 3 - October 23
Fremantle (5) v Melville (11) at Stevens
Gosnells (14) v Willetton (8) at Sutherlands
Midland-Guildford (16) v Joondalup (15) at Lilac Hill
Mt Lawley (2) v Bayswater-Morley (4) at Breckler
Perth (7) v South Perth (10) at Fletcher
Rockingham-Mandurah (6) v Subiaco-Floreat (9) at Lark Hill
University (13) v Claremont-Nedlands (12) at James
Wanneroo (1) v Scarborough (3) at Kingsway​

No surprise seeing Joondalup near the bottom, they are rubbish without Swart. They won't be too happy seeing their arch rival at the top of the ladder either.

Wanneroo vs Scarborough shall be a cracking game this week.

WACA Retravision Shield First Grade Teams – Round 3 (Saturday October 23 – 10.45am start)

Fremantle v Melville at Stevens (Umpires – J Brookes and C McCann)
Fremantle: C Wood (c), R Shuttleworth, M Milton, C Chellew, M Lemm, B Lewis, D Kennedy, C Creevey, T Miles, J Heath, R Macauley. Melville: A Greig (c), B Clarke, L Towers, R Newton, D Porter, S Terry, M Anderson, M Keyt, S Magoffin, S Russell, R James.
Gosnells v Willetton at Sutherlands (Umpires – S Farrell and I Lock)
Gosnells: D Bland (c), A Turner, D Short, M Bailey, B Norwood, D Leipold, C Jensen, S Parry, M Mobilia, A Caddy, B Bayley. Willetton: K Elliot (c), C Bancroft, C Dent, R O'Connell, K Bond, K Joyce, G Whetnall, A Chheena, N Geisler, S Mackin, C Lagana.
Midland-Guildford v Joondalup at Lilac Hill (Umpires – D Trigg and M Wolf)
Midland-Guildford: D Corcoran (c), A Tropiano, J Davies, T Casey, J Mast, P Worthington, B Jose, V Jones, Z Howard, T Pearce, D Waghorn. Joondalup: J Boyland (c), J Newnham, J Manuel, C Tomlinson, R Richards, S Mason, B Shields, M Farmer, C Hutchinson, S Jacques, D D'Cruz.
Mount Lawley v Bayswater-Morley at Breckler (Umpires – P Cahill and N Holland)
Mount Lawley: S Rakich (c), T Meredith, J Deering, T Beaton, J Goodall, G Davis, P Walshaw, L Douglas, R Adams, S Armstrong, M Olsen, A Noffke, M Dixon. Bayswater-Morley: M Thistle (c), A Todd, P Adams, L Waterhouse, S Baird, J Daniells, J Crosswell, C Robb, M Birrell, K Francis, B Godleman.
Perth v South Perth at Fletcher (Umpires – M Scott and N Johnstone)
Perth: S Walters (c), L Jury, A Barranca, J Nicholas, R Blight, M Watkins, P Nicholas, C Prescott, A Dellaposta, C Moir. South Perth: M Hood (c), H Brown, S Allison, F Grobler, C Padovan, T Ovens, T Guthridge, H Krieg, A Penter, A Gray, J Van Galen.
Rockingham-Mandurah v Subiaco-Floreat at Lark Hill (Umpires – T Rann and M Hall)
Rockingham-Mandurah: C George (c), B Sutton, C Simmons, S Whiteman, J Smith, D Ugle, T Coulson, B Wright, D Lloyd, J Sarsero, D Hagan. Subiaco-Floreat: D Bolton (c), A Malcolm, D Bandy, S Glew, T Monteleone, C Hansberry, K Manolas, A Lilly, J Heyting, J Sansalone, T Moscarda.
University v Claremont-Nedlands at James (Umpires – C James and T Steenholdt)
University: J Mangan (c), A Cameron, C King, J Cameron, M Penter, V Paver, P Molinari, C Huckett, M Innes, S Marshall, J McKay. Claremont-Nedlands: J Allenby (c), J Whiteaker, D Turkich, D Rees, C Robertson, J Gaisford, J Roberts, C Rushworth, A McKay, C Mason, P Donaldson.
Wanneroo v Scarborough at Kingsway (Umpires – M Martell and T Polich)
Wanneroo: R Fairchild (c), G Atkinson, J Charles, V Clarke, G Dixon, J Fawcett, N Henry, M Johnson, N Newport, C Quelch, W Robinson, C Warren. Scarborough: C Heron (c), M Johnson, S Branston, J Coetzee, C Gilbert, M Harris, T Hopes, M Stoinis, A Tye, D Mitchell, S Costello.

Retravision Shield (First Grade) - Round 3 Results
Melville 8-203 b Fremantle 155 (ME 12 pts, FR 0 pts)
Willetton 8-186 b Gosnells 163 (WI 10 pts, GO 0 pts)
Joondalup 214 b Midland-Guildford 91 (JO 14 pts, MG 0 pts)
Mount Lawley 2-184 b Bayswater-Morley 183 (ML 10 pts, BM 0 pts)
South Perth 2-144 b Perth 143 (SP 12 pts, PE 0 pts)
Subiaco-Floreat 6-281 b Rockingham-Mandurah 181 (SF 12 pts, RM 0 pts)
Scarborough 9-266 b Wanneroo 219 (SC 10 pts, WA 0 pts)
University 6-158 b Claremont-Nedlands 157 (UN 10 pts, CN 0 pts)

FIRST GRADE LADDER (after Round 3): MOUNT LAWLEY 45.30, SCARBOROUGH 45.25, WANNEROO 38.03, SUBIACO-FLOREAT 34.99, BAYSWATER-MORLEY 34.42, WILLETTON 34.11, South Perth 32.77, Fremantle 32.73, Melville 28.47, Rockingham-Mandurah 28.45, Perth 27.29, Joondalup 23.56, University 20.50, Claremont-Nedlands 12.89, Gosnells 10.42, Midland-Guildford 9.06.

ROUND 4 (Saturday October 30 - 10.45am start): Bayswater-Morley v Perth (Hillcrest); Claremont-Nedlands v Fremantle (Cresswell); Joondalup v Gosnells (Iluka); Melville v University (Tompkins); Scarborough v Midland-Guildford (Abbett); South Perth v Willetton (Richardson); Subiaco-Floreat v Mount Lawley (Floreat); Wanneroo v Rockingham-Mandurah (Kingsway).

First & Second Grades both start at 10.45am.

Back