Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Why is there a section for Aussie cricket but not for any other countries? The userbase seems to be reasonably global.

Why is there a section for Aussie cricket but not for any other countries? The userbase seems to be reasonably global.

You mean in terms of local cricket or international cricket?

The international section has an England board, an Indian one and also a board for the remaining countries. Until we get enough members and traffic for some of the other countries they will remain in the one place.

Local cricket anyone can post in there. If you want to post about your own association or league you're more than welcome to start a thread, encourage some mates to join up and have a chat about your own competition.

Small thing Chief Chief but when you start a thread it won't let you have capital letters in a row in the title for some reason. For example when something like UAE is typed in the title it comes out as 'Uae' when posted.

Small thing Chief Chief but when you start a thread it won't let you have capital letters in a row in the title for some reason. For example when something like UAE is typed in the title it comes out as 'Uae' when posted.
It is a setting that cuts down on 'shouting' in thread titles.

Having a set of rules that we can easily read before hand telling us about when we can post up new threads. I know on some boards once you hit a number of posts we can post some threads but not all of them are like that. Some of them you can't even post up anything except for your own reply to something.
It doesn't really bother me that much because i'm able to post on here. But it matters if you found an interesting topic starter for example a western australian sheffield shield player got suspended for having an illegal bowling action. I had to post it in an existing thread on one of the boards.

Having a set of rules that we can easily read before hand telling us about when we can post up new threads. I know on some boards once you hit a number of posts we can post some threads but not all of them are like that. Some of them you can't even post up anything except for your own reply to something.
It doesn't really bother me that much because i'm able to post on here. But it matters if you found an interesting topic starter for example a western australian sheffield shield player got suspended for having an illegal bowling action. I had to post it in an existing thread on one of the boards.
The Help pages were changed in this latest version.

I will work out how the new system works and with the other mods we'll define the rules.

With 36 posts and over a month on the site you should be able to post new threads.

The Help pages were changed in this latest version.

I will work out how the new system works and with the other mods we'll define the rules.

With 36 posts and over a month on the site you should be able to post new threads.
I can now!
But what i meant was you should have it set out like you do on bigfooty so that everyone has a chance to read the rules :)
It will help those who are new to be careful about what they post :)
I've already had to ignore a few who have simply just signed up to troll me.

You guys should enable the signature feature because currently when I save my signature it won't show up on threads like it should.

You guys should enable the signature feature because currently when I save my signature it won't show up on threads like it should.
There is a feature that is enabled called Signature in your own cp. The reason why your sig isn't showing up is because you are using the about me box thinking it's the sig box.

Okay yes I am new here and only signed up because I love my Cricket but do hope that I can make some suggestions that may be looked at to improve the site.

Front Page
I know you are working on it but on the front page more news articles, some better widgets, maybe even the tabbed widget displaying the current ladder for numerous cricket comps around the world.

The Latest Threads, or hottest threads widget as well. And possibly a poster of the month.

Community/Forums
Custom Node Icons, Theme. Instead of having the black speech bubble some custom node icons, and maybe some additional work on the theme to have the colors more suited to each other. At the moment it looks a job half done mix-n-match type of theme.

Even getting some of the 'fading' css effects from BBSmiley and sites like that.

Setting up custom profile fields for us to enter our favourite teams/country we support and have it displaying in the postbit.

Setting up a 'workshop' type of forum - as what is on the BigFooty forum where many of their designers/people have created alternative odi, test, t20 uniforms for various teams. Having that on here will create more discussions as people provide feedback make requests etc.

Fantasy Cricket - I'd be happy to put my hand up to run a fantasy cricket comp. I have my own simulator that runs OD, T20 and Test match comps and provides a ball-by-ball output. Instead of doing it how others do it (Where forum members are players in the team) to begin with we can go old school where the forum members are coaches and need to sign players (we can create a player database) to their teams.

Reduce the Club Chat section for the time being - there isn't enough posting going on. And it looks as though this site favors the three associations that have their own boards. Merge them all into one and encourage participation - limit it to one thread/topic per association unlike at the moment there are ones who have 2/3 topics/threads - at the end of the season move that thread into the old/archived club chatter and that way associations/members of an association etc will need to come back and post a new thread in order to have their details shown.

Either update or move the live scores - as at the moment it looks as though it only shows scores from pakistan/sri lanka.

Remove the BigCricket title and Breadcrumbs from the top on the front of the forums.

These are just some ideas of many that I have.

ALSO While I appreciate and understand why you guys have the limit of 25 posts before you can start a thread - for a forum with not much activity on it (new discussions) it can be hard finding 25 things to comment on without looking like a spammer - to help promote new content maybe 10 posts would be more suitable until things pick up a little bit.

Last edited:
Fantasy Cricket - I'd be happy to put my hand up to run a fantasy cricket comp. I have my own simulator that runs OD, T20 and Test match comps and provides a ball-by-ball output. Instead of doing it how others do it (Where forum members are players in the team) to begin with we can go old school where the forum members are coaches and need to sign players (we can create a player database) to their teams.
It would be great to see a fantasy cricket comp up and running.

We have over 15,000 members in the list so I can email them if you put together the comp, rules etc.

ALSO While I appreciate and understand why you guys have the limit of 25 posts before you can start a thread - for a forum with not much activity on it (new discussions) it can be hard finding 25 things to comment on without looking like a spammer - to help promote new content maybe 10 posts would be more suitable until things pick up a little bit.
Good idea - I will do this now.

Back