Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

mas cambios

Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Ok, y'all use the interwebs.

This thread is for brainstorming any and all ideas (boring or crazy) for what we can do to make BigCricket better.

This thread is not really intended to be a 'policy' thread, but more about the stuff we currently offer and what we can we can or should offer in the future.

What you expect out of this, or any, cricket website.

Cheers.

re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Can you please allow us to use youtube tags?

Also bring in Vbookie and allow everyone to make selections and bets on the cricket on tv.

re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Noted and will consider the youtube tags.

vBookie is on the way, or it is as far as I know.

Re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Is it possible to disable Post Count from some Spam forums like "Introductions Board " & "The 99.94 Club ". This will probably reduce spamming.

Just a small suggestion.

The kind of discussions that are currently there, I don't think they are "spam". Yes they are offtopic posts but they're meant to be. The introduction board is for people new to the site to get started with the posting and turning off postcount there would most likely lead to people being put off, especially those who post keeping the pleasure of post counts in mind.

My opinon anyways. Final one is in the hand of Admins. :)

They stay for the time being. There isn't a major problem with spamming in those areas and to be honest, even if there was I don't think disabling post counts would stop it.

Infact, it would make way for an increase in spamming as people would think that it is MEANT for spamming. It would only reduce the post count number but wouldn't do too good for the quality of posting. :) Again, totally my opinion and may or may not be fact.

Even though we don't have many people that come on here that only post spam, can you make it that all new people that register that their accounts have to be approved by you guys?

No, because frankly, none of us have the time to do that.

If it ever becomes an issue then we will of course look into it, but there is no need for it at the moment.

It would also be off putting to new members at a time when we're looking to grow the site. We already have far too many members who sign up but never post, without adding an extra hoop for them to jump through.

Its not possible for admins to moderate the users everytime. This will decrease the users activity here.

Hitterman;279508 said:
Its not possible for admins to moderate the users everytime. This will decrease the users activity here.

What do you mean?

I mean, if any new user would like to post here on his first visit, he won't be allowed to do so due to User moderation. Then there is a high chance that he won't visit here again.

How about keep admin/mods out of moderating threads they have nothing to do with? That'd be a start:eek:

Administrators really have many duties towards their forum. It’s not easy for an admin to moderate threads or users every time.

In the end, I agree with M C.

Hitterman;279529 said:
Administrators really have many duties towards their forum. It’s not easy for an admin to moderate threads or users every time.

In the end, I agree with M C.
No you don't get what I mean.

I am talking about registering. It is too easy for spammers to join up and come on here and post their stuff.

In the past we have had spammers register, and then post their spam and then they get the hell out. All because it is too easy to register and then post asap.

D.K;279511 said:
What do you mean?
I agree with you here D.K. Change the registration process time so that admins have to approve accounts before the spammers come on and post.

schwab2clarkson;279569 said:
I agree with you here D.K. Change the registration process time so that admins have to approve accounts before the spammers come on and post.

What? There is nothing to agree with D.K about, unless you're both querying as to what hitty was on about.

In terms of having admins approve new accounts, then I'm afraid that's not going to happen. We don't have much of a spam problem - I've seen maybe 2 or 3 spam bots since I've been here. I think we can we live with one or two per week.

No you don't get what I mean.

I am talking about registering. It is too easy for spammers to join up and come on here and post their stuff.

In the past we have had spammers register, and then post their spam and then they get the hell out. All because it is too easy to register and then post asap.

I think the spam about which you are talking is Automated Spam. There are already solutions for it at vBulletin.org and i am sure AB has already done that.

The software XRumer, which is used to spam bulletin boards by the Russians is already banned and of no use.

One thing can be done to stop this, "reCaptcha" should be enabled.

By the way, here is a list of the IP Addresses of all the famous spam bots gathered by me from Stopforumspam.com. Just went through vBulletin.com & vBulletin.org and I collected all these. The lists are in TEXT files due to security reasons.

Back