Well done Ricky Ponting

Re: Well done Ricky Ponting

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;387002 said:
I would have thought Ponting's leadership to be first rate, players want to play under him, they want to impress him and they want to be in the side. His the senior player in the side and everyone looks up to him, look at the way Harris ran to Ponting when he got those wickets. The players, especially the new players, look for acceptance from Ponting.

Look at Watson, how many of us knew he would be such a success in the opening position, probably least of all Watson. You can't tell me that Ponting's approach to ask him to open didn't instill Watson with the belieft that he could do the job?

As a leader I don't think you can get better with regards to how his players look at him.

You can crunch the numbers all you want about turnover, fact is your little analysis doesn't take into account the quality of the players that are actually exiting the side, and therein lies the fundamental flaw in your analysis.

We have lost a lot of quality players, 3 of which would be shoe-ins for our all time best eleven (Warne, McGrath, Warne).

I have always thought Ponting to be harshly judged, probably because his such a great player. It will be interesting to see how Michael Clarke is viewed by the T20 team, because deep down, some players would know that Clarke is indeed lucky to be in the team, let alone being captain.

nicely said.

Re: Well done Ricky Ponting

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;387066 said:
Nice to see a mod actually adding to the discussion.:rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like there's much discussion to be had. We've already discussed the relative merits of Ponting's captaincy several times and nothing new has been added to the discussion since.

Back