Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Hello All;269238 said:
I think this season is a little unknown due to new teams new players and the added strength of more teams playing turf. It should be interesting year and i'm looking forward to it as KBCC hasn't played some teams for 7 years and some teams not at all in the top grade so lets hope we play Round 1. Just hope the wickets are available to play on because VTCA has been called off already.

Hope we all get on for a game too. Let's just hope that common sense prevails because there are times in the past that it hasn't and we could've got on the pitches and had a game.

Looking forward to enjoying some good cricket this year. Good luck to everyone involved. I am sure it is going to be a bumper year for the WSUCCA.

1short;266754 said:
you're my idol don bradman. your club is owed nothing. you'll play where the association wants you to play and it'll be 1 turf team if there is odd numbers. i'm sure clubs wont want their top team having a bye just to keep roosters happy
Hey 1 short two turf teams and a bye in turfi suppose your F.O.S.
why do they call you 1 short is it due to your labotamy.
FIG JAM.
your drivel is quite amusing i hope you have a bit more influence on the field toss.

Gday All

Well another season has kicked off, and what a pitty the Turf Grade got cancelled this week. Can't help bad weather. I believe the Turf will be a very competative grade this year, with some big recruiting done by the Roosters and St Andrews, 3 new clubs in Kingy, Burnside and Caroline Springs and Melton Centrals, St Johns and Congs continuing to field strong teams. Top Three will be St Andrews, Roosters # 1 and Melton Centrals with the fourth spot to be fought out between St Johns, Willy Congs and Burnside. Kingy, Caroline Springs and Roosters # 2 will unfortuantely struggle.

Looks like Melton South are going to bludge in the A Matts again. They wouldn't make the Turf finals, however they would be competative. Seeing they have chocked in there last 2 Grand Finals and there is no Rob Schaefer and Wayne Keily to run through them this year, they probably think its their best chance to win the flag.

What does everyone think of the upcoming season?

Billy Bowden;269919 said:
Gday All

Well another season has kicked off, and what a pitty the Turf Grade got cancelled this week. Can't help bad weather. I believe the Turf will be a very competative grade this year, with some big recruiting done by the Roosters and St Andrews, 3 new clubs in Kingy, Burnside and Caroline Springs and Melton Centrals, St Johns and Congs continuing to field strong teams. Top Three will be St Andrews, Roosters # 1 and Melton Centrals with the fourth spot to be fought out between St Johns, Willy Congs and Burnside. Kingy, Caroline Springs and Roosters # 2 will unfortuantely struggle.

Looks like Melton South are going to bludge in the A Matts again. They wouldn't make the Turf finals, however they would be competative. Seeing they have chocked in there last 2 Grand Finals and there is no Rob Schaefer and Wayne Keily to run through them this year, they probably think its their best chance to win the flag.

What does everyone think of the upcoming season?

Whats happend to Caroline Springs? looks like quite a few of their players crossed over the the new side Burnside. Was there a big falling out down there?

BigCoq;269311 said:
Hey 1 short two turf teams and a bye in turfi suppose your F.O.S.
why do they call you 1 short is it due to your labotamy.
FIG JAM.
your drivel is quite amusing i hope you have a bit more influence on the field toss.

yes i'm full of it. i'm glad you're happy having a bye in the top grade. the association is getting laughed at everywhere. lets just hope your 2nds beat your 1sts and your club will be embarassed again and be the laughing stock of the association. even better, i hope both sides dont make finals. now that would be embarassing. :p now go back and crawl under the rock you came out of fool.

i dont care who you play for, you have to agree with 1 short that a bye in the top grade of the association is stupid. very much so if it can be avoided. surely you would try not to have a bye at all or in the lowest grade possible. we wait so long to play and then there is wash outs, heat rule and now a bye. c'mon gents surely you agree. let common sense prevail.

fine legs;270056 said:
i dont care who you play for, you have to agree with 1 short that a bye in the top grade of the association is stupid. very much so if it can be avoided. surely you would try not to have a bye at all or in the lowest grade possible. we wait so long to play and then there is wash outs, heat rule and now a bye. c'mon gents surely you agree. let common sense prevail.

This association is now the laughing stock of cricket in the western suburbs bye having a bye in its top grade. even stevie wonder can see that it can be avoided. no wonder they cannot attract decent clubs.

1short;270049 said:
yes i'm full of it. i'm glad you're happy having a bye in the top grade. the association is getting laughed at everywhere. lets just hope your 2nds beat your 1sts and your club will be embarassed again and be the laughing stock of the association. even better, i hope both sides dont make finals. now that would be embarassing. :p now go back and crawl under the rock you came out of fool.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble down there at Rooster but I agree that having the 2 sides in Turf was ok when there was no bye. Since then the association has added more teams making it now un even. All I can ask that the boys realise that they are making other teams suffer and that's seen across the clubs as Roosters being selfish...

Is that what we want?

Hopefully common sense will provail and the association will drop Roosters 2 side to A grade. If not then I think I agree with 1short.....WE ARE A JOKE!!!!!:confused:

I think the Roosters #2 need to be dropped as they wont be competative. They should go to A Grade, bring up either Altona Sports, St Johns to make A Grade an 8 Team comp and and therefore B Grade will have a 10 team comp with no bye as well.

Melton South (CHOCKERS) could also show some balls and play Turf therefore making it a 10 team comp. If they refuse maybe the association needs to enforce them or say seeya later

Why would we drop our 2nd turf side.... when we can offer 22 blokes to play turf. and just look how we picked up players for that reason.....as far as melton south if they would grow some BALLS and play real cricket no-one would be talking about dropping us....

If the Roosters think they will win a flag with recruits such as Chris Smith, Nathan Moon and Gary Grist then I think you are living in Dream Land. Smith and Moon are very average cricketers, you just have to see what they did at Willly Congs (NOTHING). Grist is a handy lower order bat, but he is to inconsistent. Unfortunately age has caught up with his bowling as he has lost pace and can't really swing the ball much anymore.

You should make the finals as you have a good bowling attack (though your best bowler Nicky Parish from last year has left this seaon) but a flag is well off.

ST ANDREWS will go in favourites this year as they have picked upto 6 quality Turf cricketers. Add Drapper, Shearson and Krygger to that then I think there is a very strong side.

What Does everyone else think of the Turf Comp this year. Who are favourites for flag and top four and who will struggle?

1short;270049 said:

No doubt, a bye i think is stupid and i play for the roosters, but why would we want to drop our 2nds to the a matts? thats the comps decision, we have 22 players playin turf every week, maybe they are lookin after us this year for helping out last year i dont care. as for u 1 short- how would our club get embrassed if our 2nds beat our 1's again? it shows how competive we are and how much heart our players have and how even we are at the top of our club. would your 2nd team come close to your 1sts? dont forget, our 2nds beat one of the grand finalists, not as if our 1sts finished dead last and our 2nds above them

Under the counter;270781 said:
Any under the counter deals being done ?

Just head down the Western Highway to Melton and there will be some money being transfered under the table.

Well the first round of Turf is underway, and I think we can identify who will challenge for the Premiers Flag, who will struggle and whether Caroline Springs will even make it past Round 3.

Definetly the best performance of the weekend was St Andrews. Looking at the score sheets of all games, you would have to say them and Melton Centrals are certain for the top 2. For St Andrews to chase 210 without Mick O'Toole in the team is a fair effort. St Johns have the same team as last year and will be there abouts but we really can't judge their effort against a very ordinary team in Caroline Springs.

Melton Centrals again have a good side but they wont be as strong as last year. There batting is still there weak link which was evident in last years finals. Roosters #1 should make the finals, but they will need to improve. Burnside will be cometative but they are reliant on too few. Kingy Bapts could be a surprise to all. On their day they can beat anyone as they have some very good cricketers but like most teams their talent depth will be challenged.

Finally we will find out what Congs are like this week, and whether Caroline Springs will be worthy of a spot in the Turf comp. They play Burnside this week which is shaping up to be a very intense game. As most of you may be aware Burnside are all of the former Caroline Springs Senior Players who left and set up their own club in the winter. I am sure Gooky will be down their umpiring and making sure their all on their best behaviour.

Good luck all for next week.

this week was a major, major blip for c/s. honestly never been more embarassed. it was a piss-piss-piss poor effort. fielding effort was dogshit, drop catches, piss weak ground fielding that gave away min. 40 runs. batting was undisciplined (obviously) to good, but not spectacular, bowling. that said, it was the first time on turf for 6 out of 11 players which is no excuse, but should serve to be a bloody good grounding.

maybe it's being a part of the team, and being stupidly optimistic, but that won't happen again.

MV!;271582 said:
this week was a major, major blip for c/s. honestly never been more embarassed. it was a piss-piss-piss poor effort. fielding effort was dogshit, drop catches, piss weak ground fielding that gave away min. 40 runs. batting was undisciplined (obviously) to good, but not spectacular, bowling. that said, it was the first time on turf for 6 out of 11 players which is no excuse, but should serve to be a bloody good grounding.

maybe it's being a part of the team, and being stupidly optimistic, but that won't happen again.

I hope for your sake you guys improve. If you are going to fire up at all then surely this weeks game against Burnside will mean something to you guys. If you are beaten convincingly then it might be a long year or you would be better to go to the A Matts. At least with Burnside having lost Wayne Keily for the year will help you this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back