Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Hi does any one have any info regarding this association for the coming season, i heard a few teams are keen on joining. Thanks

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

borntigerfan;155127 said:
Hi does any one have any info regarding this association for the coming season, i heard a few teams are keen on joining. Thanks

Any idea which teams are keen to join?, l know we are keen to put one more matting team consisting of mostly juniors. We have such a team allready in D grade. Have had a big influx of juniors, need to keep them interested and playing senior cricket.

Are the churches going to have a turf grade next year? The've lost a wicket on Angliss reserve.

What type of standard is the Churches, if anyone can compare it to a standard of a VTCA, from what i have heard, our 2nds would comfortably beat most 1s of this association.

Not trying to be cocky, just curious to what the standard is.

Thanks

The A.N. Special;156032 said:
What type of standard is the Churches, if anyone can compare it to a standard of a VTCA, from what i have heard, our 2nds would comfortably beat most 1s of this association.

Not trying to be cocky, just curious to what the standard is.

Thanks

Why does everybody think the VTCA is the best local cricket around and better standard? End of the day its local cricket along with everyone else.

Opening Batsman;156063 said:
Why does everybody think the VTCA is the best local cricket around and better standard? End of the day its local cricket along with everyone else.

i didnt say that, i know its better tehn the WDCA, and some of the players that play 'ones' for churches would be 'thirds' players in the VTCA

i would have thought subbies would be the strongest anyways

The A.N. Special;156152 said:
i didnt say that, i know its better tehn the WDCA, and some of the players that play 'ones' for churches would be 'thirds' players in the VTCA

I think the stronger church sides, in Melton Centrals & St Johns, would be very competitive in the North B section. Where as the stronger WDCA clubs in Grand United, Laverton & Gellibrand would be very competitive in North A section. As to what comp is better, it is hard to gauge as some local teams are very strong in their first.

The A.N. Special;156152 said:

Its all local cricket. If a club goes and pay $100,000+ (has rumpur one or two do in the VTCA) a year to win a premership, then thay have too mauch money and dont know what to do with it.

Opening Batsman;156307 said:
Its all local cricket. If a club goes and pay $100,000+ (has rumpur one or two do in the VTCA) a year to win a premership, then thay have too mauch money and dont know what to do with it.

Its a issue in every comp l guess. Money can easily dry up in a short time, alot of former clubs have gone down this track and no longer exisit today. I dont know how clubs can justify such amounts spent on players. You would think funds would be better directed at improving facilities and developing the Juniors. Couple of preimerships bought means nothing when you no longer have a club to go to.

dont kid your selfs my mates play ones in churches and to be honest can barley hold a bat so it is very ordinary

Anyone know if the churches have scrapped their turf competition for the next season due to lack of teams and lack of turf grounds?

It appears Little River c.c may join the churches comp. Not sure what grade at the moment.

ANCC;156820 said:
dont kid your selfs my mates play ones in churches and to be honest can barley hold a bat so it is very ordinary

that's interesting... I know someone who has just left the WDCA to coach in the churches comp....
Who do your mates play for???

wait there!!!;177536 said:
that's interesting... I know someone who has just left the WDCA to coach in the churches comp....
Who do your mates play for???

We are playing against last years Turf premiers Melton Centrals in a practice game in the next few weeks, will be intersting to see how we go. We will be a little undermaned with one of the Kukucka cousins having a christening which wipes about half of last year B Turf Premiers side. Still should be a good game never the less. Will give a report back in the comming weeks as to the standard of the opposition...

WDCAcricketer;177671 said:
We are playing against last years Turf premiers Melton Centrals in a practice game in the next few weeks, will be intersting to see how we go. We will be a little undermaned with one of the Kukucka cousins having a christening which wipes about half of last year B Turf Premiers side. Still should be a good game never the less. Will give a report back in the comming weeks as to the standard of the opposition...

That will be great if you could, I've heard that Melton Centrals might be leaving the comp and playing in the Gisborn comp, have you heard anything???

wait there!!!;177674 said:
That will be great if you could, I've heard that Melton Centrals might be leaving the comp and playing in the Gisborn comp, have you heard anything???

Had a good chat with there captain coach last season during the practice match we had which was a total wash out.

He conveyed they were disappointed at the churches as some of their games were scheduled to play Sundays because of lack of turf grounds. They werent happy with this and were looking to the VTCA, however l beleive they didnt have any luck as they dont have a home turf wicket.

I think the only way they would move to the Gisborn comp if they allow them to play all their games away on turf, l dont even know if the gisborn comp has turf cricket?

WDCAcricketer;177671 said:

WDCA I have played against your side and seen a lot of Melton Centrals play and to be honest I think they will be too strong for you. In my opinion the top 3 sides of the churches comp (Melton Centrals, St Johns and Willi Congs) would all be capable of winning the B Turf comp and also be competitive in A turf, more than likely push for a top 4 finish. The only problem with the Churches turf grade is that the gap to the 4th best side is massive, atleast it has been so lets hope that isnt the case this year.

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178210 said:
WDCA I have played against your side and seen a lot of Melton Centrals play and to be honest I think they will be too strong for you. In my opinion the top 3 sides of the churches comp (Melton Centrals, St Johns and Willi Congs) would all be capable of winning the B Turf comp and also be competitive in A turf, more than likely push for a top 4 finish. The only problem with the Churches turf grade is that the gap to the 4th best side is massive, atleast it has been so lets hope that isnt the case this year.

Hi COU,

Who do you play for?

Im not sure who I am going to play for this year, just waiting around to see whats going to happen with turf cricket cause if it doesnt go ahead I may have the year off and spend my saturdays doing a rain dance for the next season haha.

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178216 said:
Im not sure who I am going to play for this year, just waiting around to see whats going to happen with turf cricket cause if it doesnt go ahead I may have the year off and spend my saturdays doing a rain dance for the next season haha.

who did you play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back