Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

I'll give it a go... But only from things that I've seen first hand.

Best Batting Knocks - Troy S from the Willi Congs hit an 80 odd against us that was really good - wore a lot from a rough pitch and motored through it all. I'll reluctantly pay S. Kryggers knock as one of the better knocks, despite still being convinced that I was robbed by a two inch short crease, hahaha. Tough question this one.

Best Bowling Performances - This is a tough one, but Khajwala's (I know I butchered that spelling - whatever) spell against us at Angliss was a killer. I don't often bat for 14 overs to make 14 or so runs - had the ball bursting through the surface and jagging all ways, hit me about 3 or 4 times. Maybe not the most memorable in terms of purest bowling performance, but definitely taught me a fair bit.

Biggest Improvers - First year in turf, so it's very hard to make a good call.

Best Up and Coming Youngsters - Again, hard to judge. There are three boys that I play with, Tanay Bedse, Lawrence Lau and Benny Cusick that are class. As his coach in the U/17s I might be a little biased, but seeing Lawrence (a 16 y/o vertically challenged little fella) face up to Draper (St. Andrews declared, giving us 10 overs - he was bowling sharp) without any fear or any movement to square - something that I've seen batsman twice his age do first hand - was one of the happiest moments of my year. Don't care that he didn't make many - somethings just show that you've got a cricketer on your hands. The younger Hatty, and Brian from the Roosters are also up there.

Best Oldies who keep on going - Obvious picks are C. Armstrong and Dave Temby. Very consistent, very good.

Best Umpire - None of the ones that seem to believe that LBW is not a legitimate form of dismissal unless the batsman is back, across and hit on the full...

Best Big Cricket Poster - We're all pretty rubbish.

Best Batting Knocks - Troy S from the Willi Congs hit an 80 odd against us that was really good - wore a lot from a rough pitch and motored through it all. I'll reluctantly pay S. Kryggers knock as one of the better knocks, despite still being convinced that I was robbed by a two inch short crease, hahaha. Tough question this one.

Best Bowling Performances - This is a tough one, but Khajwala's (I know I butchered that spelling - whatever) spell against us at Angliss was a killer. I don't often bat for 14 overs to make 14 or so runs - had the ball bursting through the surface and jagging all ways, hit me about 3 or 4 times. Maybe not the most memorable in terms of purest bowling performance, but definitely taught me a fair bit.

Best Up and Coming Youngsters - Again, hard to judge. There are three boys that I play with, Tanay Bedse, Lawrence Lau and Benny Cusick that are class. As his coach in the U/17s I might be a little biased, but seeing Lawrence (a 16 y/o vertically challenged little fella) face up to Draper (St. Andrews declared, giving us 10 overs - he was bowling sharp) without any fear or any movement to square - something that I've seen batsman twice his age do first hand - was one of the happiest moments of my year. Don't care that he didn't make many - somethings just show that you've got a cricketer on your hands. The younger Hatty, and Brian from the Roosters are also up there.

Best Oldies who keep on going - Obvious picks are C. Armstrong and Dave Temby. Very consistent, very good.

Best Umpire - None of the ones that seem to believe that LBW is not a legitimate form of dismissal unless the batsman is back, across and hit on the full...

Giveitup;337332 said:
Pull ya head in idiot!!!!
:mad:

I dont think Adam needs his brother sticking up for him....Im sure he is a big boy!!!

Gday give it up

Definately not Adam's Brother mate but nice try and good guess i will give you that mate.

Just an associate of the sainters replying to some of the comments stated by Mick thats all.

Giveitup;337332 said:
Pull ya head in idiot!!!!
:mad:

I dont think Adam needs his brother sticking up for him....Im sure he is a big boy!!!

Gday give it up

Definately not Adam's Brother mate but nice try and good guess i will give you that mate.

Just an associate of the sainters replying to some of the comments stated by Mick thats all.

If anyone from the association has read the last 20 pages of the forum I would suggest that maybe next season there is some Military presence at the semi final replay's, I have not felt tension like this since my last prostate check.

If anyone from the association has read the last 20 pages of the forum I would suggest that maybe next season there is some Military presence at the semi final replay's, I have not felt tension like this since my last prostate check.

MV!;337438 said:

Interesting reading one and all! From reading the postings about turf it makes you wonder if its at all worthwhile running a turf grade. David Temby as an oldie? He is a pup compared to St Johns B Grade oldies. The majority of these guys played in the number 1 A Grade comp when the Churhes was a STRONG competition back in the 1980's!!! I think 6 of them have represented the comp in carnival teams.Try Neil Temby as a real oldie. He is 53 and still causing havoc with his swing and line/length. John Beckman is the same but older. Alan Cocks is 60 and still opening.Then you have the keeper Jeff Bell breathing down your neck taking the bails off whenever you miss the ball. He is a pain in the arse! The spinner Johnson is just as bad.

MV!;337438 said:

Interesting reading one and all! From reading the postings about turf it makes you wonder if its at all worthwhile running a turf grade. David Temby as an oldie? He is a pup compared to St Johns B Grade oldies. The majority of these guys played in the number 1 A Grade comp when the Churhes was a STRONG competition back in the 1980's!!! I think 6 of them have represented the comp in carnival teams.Try Neil Temby as a real oldie. He is 53 and still causing havoc with his swing and line/length. John Beckman is the same but older. Alan Cocks is 60 and still opening.Then you have the keeper Jeff Bell breathing down your neck taking the bails off whenever you miss the ball. He is a pain in the arse! The spinner Johnson is just as bad.

dulldullard;337723 said:

I think I first played against the St. Johns oldies four years ago. If they are anything like they were then, then they're still contributing a lot to the comp. As a sixteen year old, they were never short of encouragement or a helping word.

It's stuff like that that has really made this recent debacle a real disappointment. Playing in an association without a turf grade is pointless - it leaves clubs without the capacity to offer a real pathway, or show to junior players that they can play "real cricket".

dulldullard;337723 said:

I think I first played against the St. Johns oldies four years ago. If they are anything like they were then, then they're still contributing a lot to the comp. As a sixteen year old, they were never short of encouragement or a helping word.

It's stuff like that that has really made this recent debacle a real disappointment. Playing in an association without a turf grade is pointless - it leaves clubs without the capacity to offer a real pathway, or show to junior players that they can play "real cricket".

MV!;337799 said:
Playing in an association without a turf grade is pointless - it leaves clubs without the capacity to offer a real pathway, or show to junior players that they can play "real cricket".

MV. Well said mate. Unfortunatly the turf comp looks really grim for next season. If we do have a comp it looks like being alot more of a weaker comp than it currently is. It looks like Altona Roosters, Willy Congs and St Andrews could be or will be moving on. Roosters #2 would have gone anyway and Kingy Bapts as well are considering going back to VTCA. That only leaves Melton Centrals, Burnside, Caroline Springs and St Johns. If the 5 teams who are looking to go elsewhere do go, then the Association will have a bit of work invloved to get the turf comp up and going.

If clubs do go then no other comp will take them unless they bring there own wicket. Kingy Bapts and St Andrews currently have their own grounds, while Roosters share their ground with Laverton 3rds. Congs will have to try and get another clubs ground or get St Pauls to themselves. Someone suggested on an earlier post that St Pauls would not let the Churches use their ground anymore. The Executive have a very strong relationship with St Pauls and I am sure they will be doing everything possible to keep the ground in their grasp.

Is your club getting a turf wicket put in at your Caroline Springs ground? if so when will it be ready for use? It is definatley going to be an interesting winter to see where things will end up.

MV!;337799 said:
Playing in an association without a turf grade is pointless - it leaves clubs without the capacity to offer a real pathway, or show to junior players that they can play "real cricket".

MV. Well said mate. Unfortunatly the turf comp looks really grim for next season. If we do have a comp it looks like being alot more of a weaker comp than it currently is. It looks like Altona Roosters, Willy Congs and St Andrews could be or will be moving on. Roosters #2 would have gone anyway and Kingy Bapts as well are considering going back to VTCA. That only leaves Melton Centrals, Burnside, Caroline Springs and St Johns. If the 5 teams who are looking to go elsewhere do go, then the Association will have a bit of work invloved to get the turf comp up and going.

If clubs do go then no other comp will take them unless they bring there own wicket. Kingy Bapts and St Andrews currently have their own grounds, while Roosters share their ground with Laverton 3rds. Congs will have to try and get another clubs ground or get St Pauls to themselves. Someone suggested on an earlier post that St Pauls would not let the Churches use their ground anymore. The Executive have a very strong relationship with St Pauls and I am sure they will be doing everything possible to keep the ground in their grasp.

Is your club getting a turf wicket put in at your Caroline Springs ground? if so when will it be ready for use? It is definatley going to be an interesting winter to see where things will end up.

Billy Bowden;337881 said:

We would love to have one. From what I understand though, unfortunately due to drought,etc. the Melton council won't support it unless we finance the installation and maitenance of it - something that, as a new club, we aren't equipped to do just yet.

I can't speak for what direction our club will be going in. I know that I do not want to be playing on mats, or where there is no chance of playing on turf. Afterall, there's a reason the internationals play on turf - it's where real cricket is played. But yeah, I agree - very, very interesting winter to come.

Billy Bowden;337881 said:

We would love to have one. From what I understand though, unfortunately due to drought,etc. the Melton council won't support it unless we finance the installation and maitenance of it - something that, as a new club, we aren't equipped to do just yet.

I can't speak for what direction our club will be going in. I know that I do not want to be playing on mats, or where there is no chance of playing on turf. Afterall, there's a reason the internationals play on turf - it's where real cricket is played. But yeah, I agree - very, very interesting winter to come.

been away for a little, and will only come here and post from time to time in future to say hi to a few people- hoping we def be somewhere else next season. just wana clear a few things up 1st my post from over week ago got taken off, my fault, fair absusive spray. to the st. andrews boys, i never said it was your club that dug up pitches. like i said i was being honest saying what was being thrown around, and you heard alot of it here, but i clearly said you and everyone else should be innocent until proven otherwise. i wasnt making any statemants about "who did it" dont really care who done it. it was pracitacly irrelivent to the outcome

so the blame lays clearly at exec id say about 80% of it for not showing leadership, spine, and making a decision that is fair. a decision that wont leave this comp in disarry! a decision at all would of been great- what exec whos worth anything, would leave as decision to their members (clubs), empolyes etc? someone spoke of the afl- when sydney played with 19 men for 30 secs last year, did they ask the clubs what they'd like to do? no they made a ........executive decision, how funnys that. as stated the turf comp looks dead and to the exec- congatulations! this comp looked like 2 turf grades where a possibilty, now you will struggle with one- thats all your fault enjoy your rabble.

now even though they killed the comp the last 20% of the blame goes to st.andrews. as has been stated by mick callus- u were the only team not to agree to replay the games. i know the comp should take the responcability of the decision, but when they were too soft, you guys toke the easiest option. esp after your president came on here and said he'd like to help but cant. just tink you guys missed the big picture- if you were in congs postion, 38 runs away possibly from a granny, would you like the chance atleast????? thats all you had to do. put yourselves in someones eles postion- if you win- your great season undefeated winning a flag will never be remebered as it should- good luck enjoying the memories if you win it- go melton

been away for a little, and will only come here and post from time to time in future to say hi to a few people- hoping we def be somewhere else next season. just wana clear a few things up 1st my post from over week ago got taken off, my fault, fair absusive spray. to the st. andrews boys, i never said it was your club that dug up pitches. like i said i was being honest saying what was being thrown around, and you heard alot of it here, but i clearly said you and everyone else should be innocent until proven otherwise. i wasnt making any statemants about "who did it" dont really care who done it. it was pracitacly irrelivent to the outcome

so the blame lays clearly at exec id say about 80% of it for not showing leadership, spine, and making a decision that is fair. a decision that wont leave this comp in disarry! a decision at all would of been great- what exec whos worth anything, would leave as decision to their members (clubs), empolyes etc? someone spoke of the afl- when sydney played with 19 men for 30 secs last year, did they ask the clubs what they'd like to do? no they made a ........executive decision, how funnys that. as stated the turf comp looks dead and to the exec- congatulations! this comp looked like 2 turf grades where a possibilty, now you will struggle with one- thats all your fault enjoy your rabble.

now even though they killed the comp the last 20% of the blame goes to st.andrews. as has been stated by mick callus- u were the only team not to agree to replay the games. i know the comp should take the responcability of the decision, but when they were too soft, you guys toke the easiest option. esp after your president came on here and said he'd like to help but cant. just tink you guys missed the big picture- if you were in congs postion, 38 runs away possibly from a granny, would you like the chance atleast????? thats all you had to do. put yourselves in someones eles postion- if you win- your great season undefeated winning a flag will never be remebered as it should- good luck enjoying the memories if you win it- go melton

Fine Legs
I have been asked to pass a message on to you. It's from B.Shearson - Baz to his mates - you know the guy you named as the perpetrator of the the destruction of pitches - or to put it another way, the innocent bloke that you slandered!!! Basically he siad to say he doesn't like his name being dragged through the mud when he has done nothing wrong!!! He wasn't even the person who said what you accused him of saying. On a side note it was also pointed out to me that you had no problem naming others on this site, yet we don't know who you are!!! So if you want to name or accuse people, maybe you should also say who you are - (don't hide behind a user name). :eek::confused:

Fine Legs
I have been asked to pass a message on to you. It's from B.Shearson - Baz to his mates - you know the guy you named as the perpetrator of the the destruction of pitches - or to put it another way, the innocent bloke that you slandered!!! Basically he siad to say he doesn't like his name being dragged through the mud when he has done nothing wrong!!! He wasn't even the person who said what you accused him of saying. On a side note it was also pointed out to me that you had no problem naming others on this site, yet we don't know who you are!!! So if you want to name or accuse people, maybe you should also say who you are - (don't hide behind a user name). :eek::confused:

We were happy to do as the Association told us we didnt tell them that as we thought they would have told us a semi is to be replayed. If they wanted to replay the game then we would have its not our decision its theirs. They are soft. We are sorry for what happened but we didn't do anything wrong and the association has no clout they wanted the clubs to tell them what to do instead of them telling us. They run the comp!! Good luck to all matts sides and to all other teams in the future. I think turf comp is finished. Also get off Bazzas back ther isn't another person around the club who i have more respect for than one B.Shearson.

We were happy to do as the Association told us we didnt tell them that as we thought they would have told us a semi is to be replayed. If they wanted to replay the game then we would have its not our decision its theirs. They are soft. We are sorry for what happened but we didn't do anything wrong and the association has no clout they wanted the clubs to tell them what to do instead of them telling us. They run the comp!! Good luck to all matts sides and to all other teams in the future. I think turf comp is finished. Also get off Bazzas back ther isn't another person around the club who i have more respect for than one B.Shearson.

Billy Bowden;336737 said:
Fine Legs

Spoke to Gooky today and he has given me the facts. Both Melton Centrals and St Andrews preferance was to play Grand Final. So all this stuff about Mick Callus getting 3 teams to agree and St Andrews are only to blame is all wrong. All as I can say now is move on the decision has been made and if your still around next year then hopefully you guys can improve get a top 2 spot and have another crack.

Bowden,

When you started your threads you showed a maturity and unbias that was to be admired by most.

When this crap with the dug out wicket started, you have done nothing but stir up the pot, and try to get St Andrews out of the poo. You have constantly defended the Saints, yet maligned Willy Congs, Roosters and Melton.

This statement by you is pure innuendo, and made by a shite stirrer like yourself. Don't prattle on and say you are an independant when you clearly are not. Mick Callus is the only person I can definitely say is telling the truth as to what is going on, he was there on the night. Did not see you there. Your recent diatribe is full of crap not facts.

If you want to get your credibility back, stop saying Gooky told me this or I heard from ????

It is clear where your bias is, and to give us crap that you don't take it out on the field is bulldust.

Try and get your credibility back you cretin.

Don't care who wins the final, the vandals won in the end.

Billy Bowden;336737 said:
Fine Legs

Spoke to Gooky today and he has given me the facts. Both Melton Centrals and St Andrews preferance was to play Grand Final. So all this stuff about Mick Callus getting 3 teams to agree and St Andrews are only to blame is all wrong. All as I can say now is move on the decision has been made and if your still around next year then hopefully you guys can improve get a top 2 spot and have another crack.

Bowden,

When you started your threads you showed a maturity and unbias that was to be admired by most.

When this crap with the dug out wicket started, you have done nothing but stir up the pot, and try to get St Andrews out of the poo. You have constantly defended the Saints, yet maligned Willy Congs, Roosters and Melton.

This statement by you is pure innuendo, and made by a shite stirrer like yourself. Don't prattle on and say you are an independant when you clearly are not. Mick Callus is the only person I can definitely say is telling the truth as to what is going on, he was there on the night. Did not see you there. Your recent diatribe is full of crap not facts.

If you want to get your credibility back, stop saying Gooky told me this or I heard from ????

It is clear where your bias is, and to give us crap that you don't take it out on the field is bulldust.

Botch;338115 said:
Bowden,

Well I have sat back and have just been reading what everyone and their dog has been crapping on about on this site since the digging fields.

Mick did tell the truth have no doubt I was there.

I think the worst thing out of all of this is the fact that not just the comp but all 4 teams in the matches did not sit down together. It was on the night before our appeal was to be heard and I rang Gookie and told him I was on my way down.

I tolled him that I would only be down the road from Angliss and could be there within a couple of minutes. Myself and another couple of our board were there. This was at 6:30. By 8:45 we new our fate. No-one had called me and told me of any decision that had been reached. We just new.

We got in my car and went down to Angliss. To my disgust the comp had already had private meetings with both St Andrews and Melton Centrals. Still we did not know or had we been told of the dicision. Chris Smith then rang me and told me that we were out. They did not relise that we had been outside the meeting for the last 30 minutes.(didn't wont to be rude) But after I had taken the call from Chris we knocked and went in to the meeting. They were suprised to see us but allowed us to talk. We put our posistion in no uncertain word. It made no difference nor did the next nights appeal of that bias,unsportsman and imoral decision. The whole thing just left me gutted.

That's right GUTTED. Still can not understand why we did not all sit down in front of each other. If we had of I'm sure we would have come to the best thing for all clubs and the comp. I think that is now way to late and past the point of carring about a comp that I have been apart of since I was 6.

Gookie coached me for god sake. I don't know what else to say exept GOOD BYE. :mad::eek::confused:

Botch;338115 said:
Bowden,

Well I have sat back and have just been reading what everyone and their dog has been crapping on about on this site since the digging fields.

I think the worst thing out of all of this is the fact that not just the comp but all 4 teams in the matches did not sit down together. It was on the night before our appeal was to be heard and I rang Gookie and told him I was on my way down.

I tolled him that I would only be down the road from Angliss and could be there within a couple of minutes. Myself and another couple of our board were there. This was at 6:30. By 8:45 we new our fate. No-one had called me and told me of any decision that had been reached. We just new.

We got in my car and went down to Angliss. To my disgust the comp had already had private meetings with both St Andrews and Melton Centrals. Still we did not know or had we been told of the dicision. Chris Smith then rang me and told me that we were out. They did not relise that we had been outside the meeting for the last 30 minutes.(didn't wont to be rude) But after I had taken the call from Chris we knocked and went in to the meeting. They were suprised to see us but allowed us to talk. We put our posistion in no uncertain word. It made no difference nor did the next nights appeal of that bias,unsportsman and imoral decision. The whole thing just left me gutted.

That's right GUTTED. Still can not understand why we did not all sit down in front of each other. If we had of I'm sure we would have come to the best thing for all clubs and the comp. I think that is now way to late and past the point of carring about a comp that I have been apart of since I was 6.

Gookie coached me for god sake. I don't know what else to say exept GOOD BYE. :mad::eek::confused:

Sorry that last post should have been signed Darren Wainwright. President of the Altona Roosters Cricket Club.

Sorry that last post should have been signed Darren Wainwright. President of the Altona Roosters Cricket Club.

lucky;338075 said:
Turf GF is being played on angliss south wicket

very surprised to see ANA giving up their ground again. did gooky make a deal with you lucky? you going to put in the all nighter to make sure we dont get a repeat? :eek:

lucky;338075 said:
Turf GF is being played on angliss south wicket

very surprised to see ANA giving up their ground again. did gooky make a deal with you lucky? you going to put in the all nighter to make sure we dont get a repeat? :eek:

tram;338151 said:

Well said, best of luck to you and your club.
good club, and once the new rooms are built, Langshaws will look a treat.

tram;338151 said:

Well said, best of luck to you and your club.
good club, and once the new rooms are built, Langshaws will look a treat.

Pots;337941 said:

Well Congratulation Pots for putting your hand up and nominating to be on the executive. Just turn up to the AGM and run the competition and see how you go. GOOD LUCK. Just like all the ones that criticize Im sure that you will come up with a lame excuse.." Im busy" "I have work and family commitments" Have enough guts and save the competition!! Without your wisdom its bound to fold!

Pots;337941 said:

Well Congratulation Pots for putting your hand up and nominating to be on the executive. Just turn up to the AGM and run the competition and see how you go. GOOD LUCK. Just like all the ones that criticize Im sure that you will come up with a lame excuse.." Im busy" "I have work and family commitments" Have enough guts and save the competition!! Without your wisdom its bound to fold!

dulldullard;338209 said:

do u reasd the posts champ we wont be around next year Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!
the comp is dead to us.

dulldullard;338209 said:

do u reasd the posts champ we wont be around next year Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!
the comp is dead to us.

borntigerfan;338015 said:

What ever! You took the SOFT option very disappointing. please be aware your selfishness will always be remebered as the desicion that killed the Churches Turf comp.
Even more amazing you kill the comp and now you want to join ther VTCA talk about a f*% train wreck.
Does any one have any integrity here.

borntigerfan;338015 said:

What ever! You took the SOFT option very disappointing. please be aware your selfishness will always be remebered as the desicion that killed the Churches Turf comp.
Even more amazing you kill the comp and now you want to join ther VTCA talk about a f*% train wreck.
Does any one have any integrity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back