Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Solidindefence;343928 said:
$30,000 is way of the mark, gotta be dreaming, going by their annual report back in 2005, player/coach payments were $90,000. If thats what they show on their reports, wonder how much was under the table?
Hate to see what was forked out for 09! Cant compete with the power clubs...

30k would be under value by plenty but the vtca is introducing a player points system from next year which will make player payments irrelevant. Spend whatever you want, but your 1st x1 will only be allowed to have players valued to a certain total. You can bring in all the high profile recruits that you want, you just cant play them all if it causes your team to exceed the points cap. Great idea

Solidindefence;343928 said:
$30,000 is way of the mark, gotta be dreaming, going by their annual report back in 2005, player/coach payments were $90,000. If thats what they show on their reports, wonder how much was under the table?
Hate to see what was forked out for 09! Cant compete with the power clubs...

30k would be under value by plenty but the vtca is introducing a player points system from next year which will make player payments irrelevant. Spend whatever you want, but your 1st x1 will only be allowed to have players valued to a certain total. You can bring in all the high profile recruits that you want, you just cant play them all if it causes your team to exceed the points cap. Great idea

lucky;343960 said:
word around the traps that yarraville club are being investigated for breaching the paid players rule in the VTCA.. i believe you can pay one player and an overseas player or something along those lines.. a few clubs weren't happy with them and have told the comp who are investigating.. well thats the rumour anyway

every vtca club who competed in finals were required to sign affidavides re paid players before they were allowed to play. This was the first step to begin controling player payments. YC are not the only club who people think may exceed the professional players rules. Unfortunately most clubs pay more than 2 players, but a new player points system should go a long way to leveling things up.

lucky;343960 said:
word around the traps that yarraville club are being investigated for breaching the paid players rule in the VTCA.. i believe you can pay one player and an overseas player or something along those lines.. a few clubs weren't happy with them and have told the comp who are investigating.. well thats the rumour anyway

every vtca club who competed in finals were required to sign affidavides re paid players before they were allowed to play. This was the first step to begin controling player payments. YC are not the only club who people think may exceed the professional players rules. Unfortunately most clubs pay more than 2 players, but a new player points system should go a long way to leveling things up.

lucky;343961 said:
now bigcoq.. what are you guys doing?? where are you going coq?!?!?

i dont know yet champ but will tell all next week for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky why do u care do u want to join us on our quest.

lucky;343961 said:
now bigcoq.. what are you guys doing?? where are you going coq?!?!?

Billy Bowden;343899 said:
St Andrews and Altona Roosters would be starting in North B1 Grade which is 3 divisions below Senior Devision. They are both small clubs compared to Yarraville club and you don't have to be Einstein to realise that they wont be paying big money like the Senior Division Clubs. They may pay 1 or 2 Senior Marquee Players or a Coach but other than that most of the blokes play for enjoyment and to play with their mates. I have seen some of the North B1 cricket and both the Roosters and St Andrews would be very competative in that division. It seems both clubs are on the right track and have already started recruiting to make their teams stronger, so I think they will be ok. If they happen to win a flag and go upto North A1 in the next few years then I am sure they will reasses their player payment situation then. There is quility players and duds in the WSUCCA so I wouldn't be underestimating clubs who come from the Churches comp.

Billy is it official that you are going to VTCA or is it still going to a vote?

Billy Bowden;343899 said:
St Andrews and Altona Roosters would be starting in North B1 Grade which is 3 divisions below Senior Devision. They are both small clubs compared to Yarraville club and you don't have to be Einstein to realise that they wont be paying big money like the Senior Division Clubs. They may pay 1 or 2 Senior Marquee Players or a Coach but other than that most of the blokes play for enjoyment and to play with their mates. I have seen some of the North B1 cricket and both the Roosters and St Andrews would be very competative in that division. It seems both clubs are on the right track and have already started recruiting to make their teams stronger, so I think they will be ok. If they happen to win a flag and go upto North A1 in the next few years then I am sure they will reasses their player payment situation then. There is quility players and duds in the WSUCCA so I wouldn't be underestimating clubs who come from the Churches comp.

BigCoq;344065 said:

I wasn't at the meeting as I was getting wet on the Gold Coast but yes it is official as far as I know. But don't quote me as I said I wasn't actually at the meeting.:p:eek::D

BigCoq;344065 said:

I wasn't at the meeting as I was getting wet on the Gold Coast but yes it is official as far as I know. But don't quote me as I said I wasn't actually at the meeting.:p:eek::D

the stan in north b1 is crap not 1 side in north b1 would beat the top 6 sides
n the wdca . wsucca stan is better than b1 by long way why go backwards?

warnysback;344195 said:

I think that you need to get out and watch a little bit more of the available local cricket.
I dont agree with your standards comparrison but that said everyone is entitled to opinion. The test this year will be how any new clubs entering the VTCA get on.

warnysback;344195 said:

I think that you need to get out and watch a little bit more of the available local cricket.
I dont agree with your standards comparrison but that said everyone is entitled to opinion. The test this year will be how any new clubs entering the VTCA get on.

BigCoq;344058 said:

no coq i do not but we are all wondering whats goin on down in the land of the roosters!?!?

BigCoq;344058 said:

no coq i do not but we are all wondering whats goin on down in the land of the roosters!?!?

warnysback;344195 said:

which standard between nth b1, churches and wdca is better is irrelevant because b1 is an entry point to the vtca. You certainly dont go backwards by joining the vtca, its a massive step forward for clubs with plans to improve. If your to good for b1 level you win the premiership and get promoted to a1. Win again and your in senior a, win again senior div. teams and clubs find their level, and go up and down depending on results. If your club struggles, you end up back in b1, if your successful you advance and play against bigger and better clubs. Unfortunately smaller local competitions cann't offer this possibility as they dont have the teams to run 7 first X1 divisions.

warnysback;344195 said:

which standard between nth b1, churches and wdca is better is irrelevant because b1 is an entry point to the vtca. You certainly dont go backwards by joining the vtca, its a massive step forward for clubs with plans to improve. If your to good for b1 level you win the premiership and get promoted to a1. Win again and your in senior a, win again senior div. teams and clubs find their level, and go up and down depending on results. If your club struggles, you end up back in b1, if your successful you advance and play against bigger and better clubs. Unfortunately smaller local competitions cann't offer this possibility as they dont have the teams to run 7 first X1 divisions.

jika jika;344786 said:

Hence the name Williamstown District CA as opposed to Victorian Turf CA......lot bigger area covered by VTCA bud.....:cool:

jika jika;344786 said:

Hence the name Williamstown District CA as opposed to Victorian Turf CA......lot bigger area covered by VTCA bud.....:cool:

hussler;344789 said:
[/B]

Well Im glad thats not in dispute, if you have a reasonable argument why the vtca isnt a step forward, id love to hear it.

hussler;344789 said:
[/B]

Well Im glad thats not in dispute, if you have a reasonable argument why the vtca isnt a step forward, id love to hear it.

jika jika;344791 said:

Theres not to many success stories like you blokes now,is there?????

Alot of teams seem to be stagnate or up and down in Nth A1&B1...!!!!

jika jika;344791 said:

wouldn't be so sure about that hussler, St bernards are doing well, sunshine druids have also come b1 not too long ago to be in the senior A, which could turn into nth a or senior.

yes some sides do sit in the nth a1 or b1. but if they are good enough, they go up the ranks.

wouldn't be so sure about that hussler, St bernards are doing well, sunshine druids have also come b1 not too long ago to be in the senior A, which could turn into nth a or senior.

yes some sides do sit in the nth a1 or b1. but if they are good enough, they go up the ranks.

hussler;344795 said:

If ya taking the piss over our piss poor grand final record over the last 15 or so years fair enough. If ya taking the piss over us going from b1 to senior division in 5 seasons thats a stretch. If ya not taking the piss, I apoligise. Maybe I like the comp cause its been great for us. But if teams at the moment are up and down between b1 and a1 its because thats the level they are at now. In 5 years, 10 years who knows what kids have come through, new money streams clubs have latched onto, the right coach brings old players back, who knows what might happen, but if your playing in a smaller suburban based competition are you giving your club the best chance of not only surviving but thriving over the next 20 years. Do you think there will be as many turf grounds available in 10 or 15 years as there is now. Water is about to become sporting clubs biggest issue. Do you think councils will support every club who wants to play on turf, or do you think they may start the process of turning their local comps back to hard wicket, and limit turf cricket to 4 or 5 grounds in their municipality to be used by clubs playing the higher levels.

hussler;344795 said:

If ya taking the piss over our piss poor grand final record over the last 15 or so years fair enough. If ya taking the piss over us going from b1 to senior division in 5 seasons thats a stretch. If ya not taking the piss, I apoligise. Maybe I like the comp cause its been great for us. But if teams at the moment are up and down between b1 and a1 its because thats the level they are at now. In 5 years, 10 years who knows what kids have come through, new money streams clubs have latched onto, the right coach brings old players back, who knows what might happen, but if your playing in a smaller suburban based competition are you giving your club the best chance of not only surviving but thriving over the next 20 years. Do you think there will be as many turf grounds available in 10 or 15 years as there is now. Water is about to become sporting clubs biggest issue. Do you think councils will support every club who wants to play on turf, or do you think they may start the process of turning their local comps back to hard wicket, and limit turf cricket to 4 or 5 grounds in their municipality to be used by clubs playing the higher levels.

jika jika;344800 said:

Like your stuff Jika - progressive thinking.
Quess it's a matter for Clubs to decide if they want to be big fish in a little pond our have the foresight to move their Club forward to play at a higher standard

jika jika;344800 said:

Quess it's a matter for Clubs to decide if they want to be big fish in a little pond our have the foresight to move their Club forward to play at a higher standard

Sniffin Around;344813 said:

Good post Jika i think you covered all areas quite well.
Good common sense used for all points of your argument.
No need to get emotional as others try to bait you.
Obviously you are way to articulate for this forum.
Destiny is in everyones hands.
would like to think that ground allocation would be a major concern for all cricket lovers 2011 desal plant kicks in so until then we will just have to weather the potential storm.
The Higher the grade the better of you are in the pecking order quite logical really.
Still looking for players/coach. Thank you StAnrews man for your P.M. the only one ive gotten so far. I am not sure if we can afford you StAndrews man.
Looking forward to the future.:D

Sniffin Around;344813 said:

would like to think that ground allocation would be a major concern for all cricket lovers 2011 desal plant kicks in so until then we will just have to weather the potential storm.
The Higher the grade the better of you are in the pecking order quite logical really.
Still looking for players/coach. Thank you StAnrews man for your P.M. the only one ive gotten so far. I am not sure if we can afford you StAndrews man.

One off the best things about VTCA is your thirds and 4ths can also play on turf wickets one of the only comps that do that.

Good for the battler's and the kids coming though

One off the best things about VTCA is your thirds and 4ths can also play on turf wickets one of the only comps that do that.

Good for the battler's and the kids coming though

BigCoq;344874 said:

Im not surprised there bigqoc, Standrewsman's asking price is very high! i think your club has enough inside the club to sustain themselves in vtca or willy comp. save your money until you get some serious sponsors on board and can get some decent imports and rise up the ranks:)

BigCoq;344874 said:

Im not surprised there bigqoc, Standrewsman's asking price is very high! i think your club has enough inside the club to sustain themselves in vtca or willy comp. save your money until you get some serious sponsors on board and can get some decent imports and rise up the ranks:)

BigCoq;344874 said:

so its the VTCA for roosters bigcoq.. thats what my insider tells me.. can u confirm?

BigCoq;344874 said:

so its the VTCA for roosters bigcoq.. thats what my insider tells me.. can u confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back