Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

inside man;204539 said:
The association is better off without Barkly St. They didn't want to play turf when it started, stayed and played in the 2nds and still could'nt win the premiership. They then cried and went to the MMVCA. Just looked at the MMVCA ladder and the great Barkly St 1st's are 9th and 2nds 10th. Good move. Just stay in the MMVCA

Not a problem, the pleasure is all ours. If you want to base everything on whats happening on the field in this particular season then fine. Fact is, the MMVCA is a much tougher and stronger competition, and up until this season we have done pretty well. We have obtained superb facilities and our ground is a joy to play on. Certainly was a good move - actually superb!

As for crying, it most certainly was a case of tears of joy on our behalf at being able to go to the MMVCA.

But anyway,the point of my original post was to respond and let it be known that it is 1000% certain that Barkly St are committed to playing in the MMVCA and have no intention of returning to this comp.

Goodbye.

ollie73;204540 said:
Not a problem, the pleasure is all ours. If you want to base everything on whats happening on the field in this particular season then fine. Fact is, the MMVCA is a much tougher and stronger competition, and up until this season we have done pretty well. We have obtained superb facilities and our ground is a joy to play on. Certainly was a good move - actually superb!

As for crying, it most certainly was a case of tears of joy on our behalf at being able to go to the MMVCA.

But anyway,the point of my original post was to respond and let it be known that it is 1000% certain that Barkly St are committed to playing in the MMVCA and have no intention of returning to this comp.

Goodbye.

I've been to your ground and rooms and l must say they are good.

Mirrors;202691 said:
Unknown, all good points.

Brown is playing 2's this year, but might get a call up this week as H Uppal and Eastley are not playing.

M Uppal is a quality bowler like you say and I think there has been intentions to bowl him but due to the swift loss of wickets in the middle stages of the game the opportunity for him hasnt been there. I have seen him in the nets when I go down for a beer and in no way is he struggling for form, when his time comes he will be switched on.

The Congs will settle for nothing less then the flag, and I have a feeling that there is still a few aces in their sleeve come finals time.

Draper bowled a quality spell first up last saturday and was unlucky that the keeper couldnt catch a cold let alone a cricket ball. He will be a factor if you make the finals no doubt.

Where you there on saturday, did you see the girls Im talking about, surely you wouldnt have missed them? The blondy in the denim skirt, well, like I said, we need more like that in the crowd.

I was wrong about Congs Turf being in trouble against Roosters 2nd team, Just looked at Resultsvault and saw that they won pretty easily.

Mirrors,

Your boy Eastley didn't play, is he injured? His replacement Brown took 6 for. Eastley might find it hard to get back in as Brown has got 9 wickets from 3 games and Eastley 11 from 6 games. Congs should have an interesting selection meeting this week if Eastley is not injured.

inside man;204658 said:
I was wrong about Congs Turf being in trouble against Roosters 2nd team, Just looked at Resultsvault and saw that they won pretty easily.

Mirrors,

Your boy Eastley didn't play, is he injured? His replacement Brown took 6 for. Eastley might find it hard to get back in as Brown has got 9 wickets from 3 games and Eastley 11 from 6 games. Congs should have an interesting selection meeting this week if Eastley is not injured.

Inside man, I think he went away with the his family on holiday, not to sure to be honest.

Have you heard anymore about the club that could lose its points for playing a player in the wrong grade?

Personally, I havent heard any decisions, but I believe nothing will happen.

Mirrors;204802 said:
Inside man, I think he went away with the his family on holiday, not to sure to be honest.

Have you heard anymore about the club that could lose its points for playing a player in the wrong grade?

Personally, I havent heard any decisions, but I believe nothing will happen.

Mirrors,

Haven't heard anthing. But as l said earlier, it happened to a club l was involved with a few seasons ago and we lost our points for the game he played in and missed out on the finals because of it.

inside man;204867 said:
Mirrors,

Haven't heard anthing. But as l said earlier, it happened to a club l was involved with a few seasons ago and we lost our points for the game he played in and missed out on the finals because of it.

Inside man, I hear the meeting for a ruling is set down for Wednesday.

borntigerfan;204934 said:
I am attending this hearing it is on Wednesday.

Let us know what the outcome is. Although l don't like your chances of getting your points back.

My tips for the weekend

Turf
St Andrews to beat Roosters 1
Melton Centrals to beat Roosters 2
Congs to beat St Johns

A Grade
Melt Sth to beat Melt Cent
Sports to beat Werribee Cent
Caroline Springs to beat St Johns

B Grade
Melt Cent to beat Werribee Cent
St Johns to beat Melt South
Roosters to beat Caro Springs
Congs to beat F/scray United

C Grade
Druids to beat Werribee Cent 2
St Andrews to beat Melt Sth
Sports to beat Melt Cent
Werribee Cent 1 to beat Congs

D Grade
Laverton to beat Melt Sth
Colts to beat Albion
Roosters to beat Melt Cent
F/scray Utd to beat Werribee Cent

E Grade
Colts to beat Congs
Altona to beat ANA

Anyone else got any thoughts?

inside man;205713 said:
My tips for the weekend

Turf
St Andrews to beat Roosters 1
Melton Centrals to beat Roosters 2
Congs to beat St Johns

A Grade
Melt Sth to beat Melt Cent
Sports to beat Werribee Cent
Caroline Springs to beat St Johns

B Grade
Melt Cent to beat Werribee Cent
St Johns to beat Melt South
Roosters to beat Caro Springs
Congs to beat F/scray United

C Grade
Druids to beat Werribee Cent 2
St Andrews to beat Melt Sth
Sports to beat Melt Cent
Werribee Cent 1 to beat Congs

D Grade
Laverton to beat Melt Sth
Colts to beat Albion
Roosters to beat Melt Cent
F/scray Utd to beat Werribee Cent

E Grade
Colts to beat Congs
Altona to beat ANA

Anyone else got any thoughts?[/QUO

well inside man

congs "B" grade showed why they should be finals material.
what do you recon??????

Kool,

I agree. They have declared and will probably win outright. Should put them into the 4 depending on other results.

Judging by the scores in A Grade, Altona Sports & Caroline Springs should be playing turf..

Inside man,

Not only those two sides Melton South should go up to turf aswell.

kool;206097 said:
Inside man,

Not only those two sides Melton South should go up to turf aswell.

I watched Caroline Springs A Grade on the weekend for an hour or so and they should definately be in Turf. They will thump St Johns, most likely outright.

If Caroline Springs, Melt Sth & Alt Sports don't want to go into turf next season, l reckon they are pretty weak. The assoc should tell them they are in turf next season, not ask them. If they don't like it, they should find another assoc to play in. Even though Roosters wanted to put put in a 2nd team, it's not ideal, as their 2nds are woeful.

inside man;206113 said:
I watched Caroline Springs A Grade on the weekend for an hour or so and they should definately be in Turf. They will thump St Johns, most likely outright.

If Caroline Springs, Melt Sth & Alt Sports don't want to go into turf next season, l reckon they are pretty weak. The assoc should tell them they are in turf next season, not ask them. If they don't like it, they should find another assoc to play in. Even though Roosters wanted to put put in a 2nd team, it's not ideal, as their 2nds are woeful.

i agree inside man. they are trying to be the big fish in a small pond. at least roosters players had the NUTS to step up unlike the other weak nobs. grow a heart cowards!!!

1short;206121 said:
i agree inside man. they are trying to be the big fish in a small pond. at least roosters players had the NUTS to step up unlike the other weak nobs. grow a heart cowards!!!

Agree 100% we have struggled in the last couple of years in the turf but if we dropped to a then we would lose players so we are happy to rebuild and when i see teams like you said in the lower divisions it really pisses me off. tThe association should tell them not ask!!

1short & borntigerfan

We are on the same wave length. Roosters did have the nuts to give it a go and congratulations to them.

There is 1 player in one of the teams l have mentioned who l think likes to be the big fish!!! Care to have a guess?

Has Meltonstar been kicked out of his caravan, he hasn't posted for a while.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back