What about that streaker?

What about that streaker?

I could talk about alot of things from the 2nd and final tri-series final ever to be played in Australia, well you'd think so anyway. One of the things I'd be interested on hearing what you guys think about is the incident with Andrew Symonds and the streaker.
And 1 of the few times ever in recent times we've seen a streaker in cricket been on camera!:D

Re: What about that streaker?

I taped and watched the end but missed it. Saw it today and it was hilarious, I bet that was the last thing the the streaker was expecting.

Damn funny. Would be one of the few times Channel 9 has actually shown TV coverage of any streaker invading the ground. Was a rather good effort getting to the pitch although that probably highlights how crap the security was at the ground. Symonds hip and shoulder was damn good though, could probably get a game at Carlton with that show of skills. :D

For those that haven't seen it, the footage in on Youtube in the link below and I will include some pictures when I get home.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=706552WGY5M

That idiot shouldn't of even been allowed to jump the fence let alone be drinking and clowning around so much.
CA really need to put a ban on selling alcohol all because of idiots jumping the fence and thinking that it is funny to streak on the ground.
He deserves his fine.

pidgeon fan;213271 said:
That idiot shouldn't of even been allowed to jump the fence let alone be drinking and clowning around so much.

True. He shouldn't have been allowed to get to the middle of the pitch, it shows how little security they had at the ground.

pidgeon fan said:
CA really need to put a ban on selling alcohol all because of idiots jumping the fence and thinking that it is funny to streak on the ground.

No, they shouldn't. Alcohol sales are what CA as well as the individual grounds and state associations make their money from. Taking away alcohol from the ground would severely dent this revenue and would result in less money coming into Australian cricket and would influence everyone in the sport, all the way from CA down to the grassroots level.

While alcohol does have an effect on the crowd, it is only a minor one and cases like these are usually rather isolated. The rules relating to attending cricket matches are strict enough as it is and the security at the ground have a lot more power now than what they did a few years ago. A lot of things that have been traditionally taken to the cricket in the past have been banned, banning alcohol won't do anything for the sport, it will only turn people away and no doubt crowds would dwindle if this occured.

pidgeon fan said:
He deserves his fine.

He most certainly does.

I promised some pictures earlier and here they are for those who didn't see the streaker on Tuesday Night.

87966.jpg

symonds_streaker_wideweb__470x3572.jpg

05001592033600.jpg

Gotta admit it is pretty damn funny. @|

A cricket streaker has made a name for himself! Who would have thought? :D
I also watched ACA where Tracey Grimshaw interviewed him about that incident. ********in funny guy. He was so laid-back and relaxed when he was being asked about it!
You had to laugh when he was being asked whether he strips and runs around naked for a living, which he says he does sometimes!
Now we'll have to wait and see whether he does it at the tennis or the footy, where they actually do show them on camera! Only thing that I can see stopping him doing it again is a fear if getting a conviction or heavier fine. :eek:

Ljp86 Damn funny. Would be one of the few times Channel 9 has actually shown TV coverage of any streaker invading the ground. Was a rather good effort getting to the pitch although that probably highlights how crap the security was at the ground. Symonds hip and shoulder was damn good though, could probably get a game at Carlton with that show of skills.

Hey I'm a Carlton supporter, I take great offence to that! :p
No, not really. :D
Symmo's a rugby man anyway, trains with the Brisbane Broncos in the off-season, that's probably where he's learned the hip and shoulder.

Tassietigersrule;213563 said:
Ljp86 Damn funny. Would be one of the few times Channel 9 has actually shown TV coverage of any streaker invading the ground. Was a rather good effort getting to the pitch although that probably highlights how crap the security was at the ground.

That's what I can't believe, that they actually showed it on commercial TV. As far as slack security goes though how do you stop a guy that has the advantage of surprise and a head start? Plus most guards weight upwards of 90 kg :eek:

pidgeon fan;213271 said:
He deserves his fine.

I hear ya Pidge, my much older brother went to his first cricket game against S.Lanka in Perth recently and wasn't happy with the hoolaginism (sp?). But to ban mid-strength beer would be harsh on the responsible people that enjoy a beer which is only mid strength - unlike the 700ml bottles of spirits my brother noticed at the feet of the swearing yobbos ;)

Back