What has test cricket come to?

What has test cricket come to?

This is not test cricket. Watching the final day of New Zealand and West Indies match on fox sports and this is not test cricket.
What is this challenging the umpires desicion! Basically every desicion an umpire is giving whether it be an LBW descision or a caught behind is getting referred to the third umpire!
They still can't get it right. Brendan McCullum was given out caught behind by Rudi Kortzen and he missed it so he reffered it to the third umpire and replays showed that he missed the ball yet, Third Umpire Mark Benson still gave him out.
This is not test cricket this is stupidity and if this is bought into every test cricket im sure alot of people will stop watching. This should be used in Domestic Games only not the highest level of cricket as a trial!!!
Disgraceful.

Re: What has test cricket come to?

with you on this one share the passion.

The referal system is a joke for test cricket.

The only thing I would like to see is 1 challenge per innings, get it right keep it get it wrong lose it but only for 20-20 cricket. that is where the experiemnts happen, the mickey mouse shit. keep it in there and don't wreck our great game.

Cricket players, especially the international ones, know that you get will get the bad decision. But they aren't complaining when they are let off. You get the good with the bad.

Umpires are scruitinised too much, they are only human and make mistakes. Leave the system how it is, maybe one thing would be to increase the umpire panel and have more of a demotion promoton thing happening.

Yeah not a fan of using the replays. They umpires get it right 95% of the time, just let them get on with the job.

I don't like nor dislike the referral system.... It has pros and cons.... I think if they were allowed use all available technology then it would be better as the 3rd umpire is restricted i.e hot spot, snicko..... I also think there should be a time limit the third umpire has so like he has 1 min 30 to come to a desicion if it takes longer then 1.30 there is too much doubt and batsmen is not out.

But it should be trialled in the states and county levels first.

Without knowing how many times the referral system is being used, I would only use it if there were any dodgey decisions such as a catch that was taken, or a caught and bowled that was given out when it was obviously not out because the ball came off the pads.

I guess i'm in the minority but i like this system. If they add Hotspot and Snicko then incidents like the McCullum one will be avoided.

This system wasn't used much at all throughout the first four days of the test but on day five it was used a little more as both sides became more desperate to get a result. I still thought that the time that was taken by the referrals was well worth making the correct decision and often the umpires were proved correct anyway. That last part contradicts what i'm trying to say which is why i'd reduce it to two incorrect challenges per innings and bring it into test cricket for all games.

Back