What If I Could Bowl At 130 Mph.banned Or Applauded?

Stumpyballs

What if I could bowl at 130 MPH,.,or even faster
Every year we go looking for that fastest new bowler
If a player came along who could whizz em down at 130 MPH , do ya reckon he'd be banned
Is there a limit as to what would be acceptable in regards to speed
What about 110 MPH
Could batsmen even cope with 110MPH
Will it become too dangerous?

What if I could bowl at 130 MPH,.,or even faster
Every year we go looking for that fastest new bowler
If a player came along who could whizz em down at 130 MPH , do ya reckon he'd be banned
Is there a limit as to what would be acceptable in regards to speed
What about 110 MPH
Could batsmen even cope with 110MPH
Will it become too dangerous?
He'd be banned if he chucks them, but if he has a legal action he would be applauded. As long as you're accurate, it's the faster the better.

I'm not sure it's humanly possible for someone to be able to bowl that fast. I think if a player could bowl that quick, they'd modify the rules to keep the batsman safe.

Thompson was just over 160KPH at his peak and from memory Brett Lee let a few 160KPH go during his career. That speed is faceable and as we have seen the faster the bowler the quicker to the boundary. If a bowler did come along at that speed they would not last long as injury would claim them. The physics of bowling that fast would require a high crease speed and whippy action. these would cause ankle, back and shoulder injuries. As we have seen, a bowler with a sustainable action will be in the low 150KPH and will slow as the career progresses and skill with the ball increases. High speeds normally means no movement or cut.

If you could bowl 130mph, you'd have a brief, but spectacular career before doing serious damage to your knees, ankles and shoulder.

Thompson was just over 160KPH at his peak and from memory Brett Lee let a few 160KPH go during his career. That speed is faceable and as we have seen the faster the bowler the quicker to the boundary. If a bowler did come along at that speed they would not last long as injury would claim them. The physics of bowling that fast would require a high crease speed and whippy action. these would cause ankle, back and shoulder injuries. As we have seen, a bowler with a sustainable action will be in the low 150KPH and will slow as the career progresses and skill with the ball increases. High speeds normally means no movement or cut.
Except that Thompson never suffered from any of those things!

Back