What was your first bat?

Re: What was your first bat?

phil2oo8;276895 said:
'where from mу friend?
What do уou think of them as a bat?
Direct from them, if you want one let me know. I'd need to work out P+P from Pakistan on top though.

As a bat they're very good value for money, quality of finish isn't brilliant and the handles aren't brill. But at £70-£100 they're brilliant value for money. I ordered 3 samples off AS, I have 2 left. One's a V3 and the other is a G200, if you're interested they're both going at well under £100 each.

My first bat was the Gabba Bulls pack that was sold in Qld, that was in under 9. Then i got a Gray Nicolls Millenium which had a very nice middle which I had it for 2 years, then i got a Kookaburra Diablo (Like Damien Martyn used) which didn't have a middle but still could hit the ball, and now i have a Gray Nic Powerbow which i have had for 3 years which has a great middle which always helps you get runs

My first bat was some crapy alan border kids bat.
In my first match it broke in the first over.

i went from a gray nicholls rapier to a newbery 5 star and now onto my second willowizard and am not looking back. one of the best pieces of willow ive held.

Mine was a County, cant remember what make as it was close to 30 years ago.
I know the old man spent about $60 on it, but back then, that was a HEAP !
Will always be greatful to him for that...

beenaround;297845 said:
Mine was a County, cant remember what make as it was close to 30 years ago.
I know the old man spent about $60 on it, but back then, that was a HEAP !
Will always be greatful to him for that...

correction.
after talking to the old man, it was $110, and it was a County Sprotsman.

Mine was a Gray Nicholls Excalibur 500
Then a Puma classic 5000
Then a Kookaburra Genesis 10,000
Then a Puma Vendetta 3000
Now a County Hunts Glory, best bat eva bought, worth 450 got for 250 BARGAIN :D

No Good at cricket;298327 said:
Mine was a Gray Nicholls Excalibur 500
Then a Puma classic 5000
Then a Kookaburra Genesis 10,000
Then a Puma Vendetta 3000
Now a County Hunts Glory, best bat eva bought, worth 450 got for 250 BARGAIN :D
i had a hunts county few yrs back n was best bat i had

729623_1_113_1.jpg

Slazenger V900 Fury.

beenaround;298269 said:
correction.
after talking to the old man, it was $110, and it was a County Sprotsman.

Mine was a fantastic size five Gunn and Moore Scoremaster that my father bought me.

I then bought myself a GN 100 Scoop (the KW one, not the nice EW scoop which had silver and red stickers), because I liked the scoop! Horrible heavy tinny thing, I keep it for tennis ball cricket and to remind myself to never buy my son (who has just started walking so will need a bat soon :) ) anything like it.

I'm not really a big Cricket whore, but my first bat was an SS Impact. Not the best I know but not the best opportunities for playing cricket around my area now anyways...

I've just bought myself a decent bat from Meerut. Got it from outside SS's factory, pretty cool.

mine was a Kingfisher bat. yeah, isn't a good one. but at that time I was just 3 year old. But I will remember it forever now. The reason is that it was that bat because of which I am a cricket fan right now, and somehow a good player as well.

Mine was an old slazenger, got it when I was seven, and only recently when I was using it in the nets against a fast bowler did it break :(

Now I have a Puma something (very nice)

Back