Whats the fastest you have faced?

Re: Whats the fastest you have faced?

mas cambios;28108 said:
It's as much in the mind when you're facing that kind of pace as technique, especially if it's in club cricket.

True.. but this was on a synthetic wicket so one had to be extra careful that you didn't break your face.. :p

But a smaller back-lift against a bowler of surprising pace helps you get bat on ball for a little bit until you get used to the pace..

i think alot of it is mental! just because you know someone is fast then you build a mental barrier about their bowling!

play each ball on its merits!

i used to be able to bowl in the 75mph bracket but since m rotar cuff injury i havent bowled a ball past 55 which really sucks, even more so that my shoulder dosent seem to be recovering anytime soon.

Im 13 and i've faced early 80s from a bowling machine, great fun! :D I've found that the faster the ball, the better I played it

i have faced mid 80s bowling as to of the mens team were bowling at my team to get us ready for the season and one of them was in his lat 40s so he had amazing accuracy

When I went for coaching, I think I probably faced 65-70mph. Maybe a bit quicker. It seemed fast at first but was alright as time went on and I got my eye in

If you count ball machines have faced 100mph on a "cupola" system like a catapault..

Didn't get behind one..:eek:

But one hit me in front nearly broke my bloody ankle.. I'd say that at test level they would have to have the best protective padding because it felt like I wasn't wearing pads at all

The fastest I have faced is mid 70's. Also, I think it's slightly harder to bat against a bowling machine because well, with a human you know when he will release the ball but with a bowling machine, it can come out of nowhere at the time when you're not expecting it, making it seem a lot quicker than it actually is.

i dunno i prefer bowling machines cause there predictable whereas bowlers arent, the fastest ive faced is around 75mph on a bowling machine and plus that against our 1st team oppener who probally bowls around 80+, gotta say 70mph is a nice speed for driving the ball as it gets onto you, i prefer pace as i play better with it, cant hit the ball for **** with slow bowling.

storm;29984 said:
i dunno i prefer bowling machines cause there predictable whereas bowlers arent, the fastest ive faced is around 75mph on a bowling machine and plus that against our 1st team oppener who probally bowls around 80+, gotta say 70mph is a nice speed for driving the ball as it gets onto you, i prefer pace as i play better with it, cant hit the ball for **** with slow bowling.

Haha same here... I can hit the ball on the spinners... but the result is usually disappointing. lol

perkins17;264497 said:
i have faced mid 80s bowling as to of the mens team were bowling at my team to get us ready for the season and one of them was in his lat 40s so he had amazing accuracy

I would love to meet this bloke in his mid 40s who can bowl extremely accurate mid 80mph deliveries. Was he bowling 110mph deliveries in his heyday?

Fastest i ever faced was 2 overs at 160 kph at half pitch with tennis balls at a Graham Yallop coaching clinic. F@#^n immpossible to play. Got hit 7 balls out of 12. Missed the rest.

Facing high speeds on a bowling machine can be a bit deceptive , you know where the ball is going to go and if you watch most guys they are almost in position before the ball is released .
Ive faced a bit above 90mph and was able to drive and cut because I knew where the ball would be . 70-75 mph is an ideal speed for practice .

Game wise I have faced guys who have been clocked between 80-85 mph and that is far harder then the machine on a higher speed .

142 km per hour. Needless to say it was the only ball that I faced from this bolwer since I was only out there for that one ball.

didn't face it, but threw some down at 100mph with a bowling machine at my cousin. he could block, but couldn't play a shot. just didn't have the timing, and he's a top bat.
makes you wonder about this blokes that smash akhtar, lee, tait all over the park without thinking.

Back