Whats the fastest you have faced?

Re: Whats the fastest you have faced?

i faced a guy in an under 15s rep team who was like 6 foot 5 and supposedly bowled 125 kms at his peak. so scary seeing how small i am.

We cranked up the bowling machine as fast as it could go and tried to play against it. Needless to say we were backing away quite frequently. I agree with the posts that say facing a machine is hard, its near impossible to get ready for the ball.

Other than that I remember facing a guy who could get it up to 135-140 kph (or thats what the other team said :) ) in under 16's, I had to face him for 3 balls, not to lose outright.

Glad to say losing is a great motivator and I survived :D

i play U16 and Seniors

in U16 ive faced a guy who bowls 125 kph, thank god he bowls full so i culd drive him everywhere.

about 130 kph + i was scared but it wasnt too bad when you got used to it , this was under 16's though

well almost around 140 kph and i was almost killed by that one but i had a good defence and that saved me

I call bulshit for most of these.

Unless it's on the bowling machine or a great grade of cricket then your not facing 130's 140's.

That is lighting and theres no way an everyday junior is bowling that fast.

Fastest i've faced is around 145kph (90mph) on the bowling machine. Was too fast for me, struggled to play freely.

I can comfortably play deliveries at 80-85mph though.

In the nets I faced an U18 bowler who could apparently get up to 140 at his best, I doubt it though. When I faced him it was about 120 though, but I struggled a little bit until I got my eye in. He had no line and the length was the same every time so it became quite easy.

I faced Peter Siddle when he was seventeen, eighteen and nineteen in Under age Vic Squads and against him in matches...He was fast but really took the ball away from me (i am a left hander) they had the speed gun on him and he was 135...the funny thing is he didin't make our gippsland dowling shield side and went to play with dandenong. Next time i saw him he had grown three inches and was built like a man. Bad luck was he had the new Rock in his hand against us.......

But have faced quicker than him...prob 140's in match a bloke in country week bowled really quick for Geelong. We were easily running byes to the keeper.

As other people said you just have to defend and nudge, drive length balls square...not fun.

SonnyBoy;326607 said:
I faced Peter Siddle when he was seventeen, eighteen and nineteen in Under age Vic Squads and against him in matches...He was fast but really took the ball away from me (i am a left hander) they had the speed gun on him and he was 135...the funny thing is he didin't make our gippsland dowling shield side and went to play with dandenong. Next time i saw him he had grown three inches and was built like a man. Bad luck was he had the new Rock in his hand against us.......

But have faced quicker than him...prob 140's in match a bloke in country week bowled really quick for Geelong. We were easily running byes to the keeper.

As other people said you just have to defend and nudge, drive length balls square...not fun.

That would've been a good experience.
I doubt that u/16 bowlers could reach speeds of 130+.
Max i'd say is 125 km/h.

i dont reckon you can count playing on a ball machine
its much different to playing an actually bowler when he is running in and letting it go out of his hand

the fastest i have faced is 130 in School cricket
he got his speed measured up at the AIS

also, i find that its really hard to pick up the ball when its coming out of a ball machine instead of when its actually bowled to you

bundybullz08;326679 said:
That would've been a good experience.
I doubt that u/16 bowlers could reach speeds of 130+.
Max i'd say is 125 km/h.

Not when he was sixteen but when he was eighteen.

They had the speed gun on him when he was eighteen at training...that is when i faced him in the nets.

It was a good experience....

I faced a bloke called Nugget Anstee who would have easily bowled over 150Ks. Probably fairly close to 165Ks. He was lightning. They had him tested on the speed gun, but, it just exploded.

mayhem20202;327361 said:
I faced a bloke called Nugget Anstee who would have easily bowled over 150Ks. Probably fairly close to 165Ks. He was lightning. They had him tested on the speed gun, but, it just exploded.

He got called for throwing????, Loves talking crap though that bloke really makes all the young kids think his mad of making shit up about facing mad quicks....

SonnyBoy;327363 said:
He got called for throwing????, Loves talking crap though that bloke really makes all the young kids think his mad of making shit up about facing mad quicks....

Yeah, I heard that. I also heard he did some time inside after getting caught humping a dead goat.

mayhem20202;327364 said:
Yeah, I heard that. I also heard he did some time inside after getting caught humping a dead goat.

Yeah sick mate....He was in H unit with one of the Morans at Fulham didn't he take to some one with a mash hammer....some bloke told him that he got his licence out of twisties packet...he flipped and made his face look like a smashed meat pie.....just what i heard

But really if your talking about facing quicks nothing beats Travis Millars lemon gun from 10.5 metres after 15 stubbies....

SonnyBoy;326607 said:

how many years ago?
do you remember the name?

Back