Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portarlington

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Queenscliff

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE

Where should the BPCA Grand Final be?

With the GCA making their decision on finals and Grand Final venues, what's peoples thoughts on the BPCA?

For me with Drysdale's ground almost up and running with the new santa anna couch surface, it gets my vote by a mile.

Barwon Heads- Not in the top 3 grounds in the comp, dunno why the league keep giving them GF's over the years

Anglesea- Best surface in Geelong, just too far out.

Ocean Grove- Good size ground, not bad to watch at, surface sometimes struggles though.

Drysdale- Best ground for everyone, players, spectators and Umpires.

Portarlington- Haven't seen it for a while, just been redone I think, prob not in the top 3 or 4

Queenscliff- In OK condition. Crap ground too watch at, no car parks or seating really.

Re: Where should the BPCA Grand Final be?

what about wallington?
i remember watching wallington win a flag there like, 15 years ago when my 2 uncles played there, and it seemed pretty good
i also shagged my ex in the nets there 6 months ago, so it's a very tender place for me haha ;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;324157 said:
Drysdale- Best ground for everyone, players, spectators and Umpires.

Last time I played there (about 5-6 years ago), the pitch was about half a foot too narrow. Is this still the case?

Badger;324174 said:
what about wallington?
i remember watching wallington win a flag there like, 15 years ago when my 2 uncles played there, and it seemed pretty good
i also shagged my ex in the nets there 6 months ago, so it's a very tender place for me haha ;)

Sentimental value huh:D

I wouldn't have Wallington in the top 6, sorry crktluva;)

Badger;324174 said:
what about wallington?

thats what that tiny little teeny weeny very hard to see white upright thing was when i was cleaning clubrooms at night.:p

good ground and rooms, change rooms tiny. but good to watch from.

a for effort;324177 said:
Last time I played there (about 5-6 years ago), the pitch was about half a foot too narrow. Is this still the case?

Not that I recall must of fixed it up since then, last time I played there was a semi final about 4 years ago and it was superb on the Sunday heaps of people everywhere great atmosphere. They had the grass cut in checkerboard formation looked superb, shame we got rolled by 20 runs after being 0-120 at tea chasing 210:mad:

crktluva;324179 said:
thats what that tiny little teeny weeny very hard to see white upright thing was when i was cleaning clubrooms at night.:p

good ground and rooms, change rooms tiny. but good to watch from.

You mean toilet:p

portarlington, played footy there last seaon, dunno bout the nick of the ground, but great size changerooms and good stands to watch from i believe,

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;324178 said:
Sentimental value huh:D

I wouldn't have Wallington in the top 6, sorry crktluva;)

its in pretty good nick, ask wheels what he thought, but the baseball diamonds let it down due to council being incredibly dumb. other than that its pretty neat. anglesea best by far, but too far away. i thnk they should rotate as long as the ground is in good nick. idlove to know what criteria they pick the ground on, maybe the wise and noble A315472 can enlighten us, he knows everything else.

cow-corner;324189 said:
portarlington, played footy there last seaon, dunno bout the nick of the ground, but great size changerooms and good stands to watch from i believe,

yer would be good too see how the ground has come up..very short straight..but as you say good size clubrooms and the glassed in stand..wouldnt be too bad down there

crktluva;324190 said:
its in pretty good nick, ask wheels what he thought, but the baseball diamonds let it down due to council being incredibly dumb. other than that its pretty neat. anglesea best by far, but too far away. i thnk they should rotate as long as the ground is in good nick. idlove to know what criteria they pick the ground on, maybe the wise and noble A315472 can enlighten us, he knows everything else.

Well thankyou Grasshopper, you are correct I know many things.

But I have no idea how I should know where it will be played? Your guess is as good as mine. Don't they usually select the best ground come finals time. With the way grounds 'burn off' so quickly it's probably too early to tell.

supersaintjohnny;324459 said:
Im going to say it should be played at South Barwon, just so GCA IPL doesnt crack it.

hehe, good idea though. Maybe all the finals in Geelong could be played there ?? Thoughts ?

gca_ipl;324744 said:
hehe, good idea though. Maybe all the finals in Geelong could be played there ?? Thoughts ?

maybe all the fianls could be played out of your back yard daz?
your mrs can strut around in a bikini!
i don't even know what she looks like :eek:

Badger;324752 said:
maybe all the fianls could be played out of your back yard daz?
your mrs can strut around in a bikini!
i don't even know what she looks like :eek:

strewth these North boys have a lot of explaining to do. I think I spend more time at South, so safe to say that is my backyard !!

Back