Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Drysdale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portarlington

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Queenscliff

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Where should the BPCA Grand Final be?

gca_ipl;324784 said:
strewth these North boys have a lot of explaining to do. I think I spend more time at South, so safe to say that is my backyard !!
haha i havent seen her either... but ants has... its orrite daz.. from an 'outsiders' view i give u permission to drop a few in short to him tomorro.. just dont drop em short like harper did.. cos ants didnt mind dispencing him to the boundary on 3 occasions... in a row

gca_ipl;324784 said:
strewth these North boys have a lot of explaining to do. I think I spend more time at South, so safe to say that is my backyard !!

if south is ur backyard daz..... wats that make marshall???????? WILSON????

I Bowl Meat Pies;324800 said:
haha i havent seen her either... but ants has... its orrite daz.. from an 'outsiders' view i give u permission to drop a few in short to him tomorro.. just dont drop em short like harper did.. cos ants didnt mind dispencing him to the boundary on 3 occasions... in a row

there is one thing I know I won't do to ants or anyone. bowl it short !! that is guaranteed a six ball !!

crktluva;324858 said:
pls explain the marshall wilson bit for me:confused:

I think he is referring to Tim the tool man Taylor, maybe, and his next door neighbour was Wilson !!

IMHO - Without a doubt Drysdale. After playing on it on it recently it is about 2/3 as good as Angelsea. If who ever is looking after the ground had any idea on how grass grows they would roll it with a heavy roller and then core it and then top dress it today, that way in 2 weeks time (beacuase it is the growing season for santa ana couch now), the ground would be imaculate. might as well use it before the football season destroys it and Drysdale have to it all again.....for the 4th time in 10 years!!!!

2nds - has tob be anglesea - best ground in the comp, just along way to travel.

3rds - Queenscliff , if it didn't have that stupid wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - In leui of that Wallington. Ground is quite ok and atleast they sell hot food over the bar!!!!!!!! Unlike many other clubs!!

4ths - Ocean grove. really good surface and probably suited to a 40/40 games ince it is so small sqaure

Just my 4 c#nts worth

Official grounds for the grand final announced today:

A Grade Drysdale

B Grade Ocean Grove

C Grade Barwon Heads

D Grade Queenscliff

They got the first three grades spot on IMO. Don't know about Queenscliff though with the dodgy deck. Im tippin the blokes in the fourths probably won't even mention it though.

tugga1;334923 said:
Official grounds for the grand final announced today:

A Grade Drysdale

B Grade Ocean Grove

C Grade Barwon Heads

D Grade Queenscliff

supersaintjohnny;334930 said:
They got the first three grades spot on IMO. Don't know about Queenscliff though with the dodgy deck. Im tippin the blokes in the fourths probably won't even mention it though.

I agree with the 1st 3 grounds being the best.

Don't agree with the 4ths Final being on that Queenscliff pitch. I'd like to know how many 4ths players have played on these pitches this season? I say none, with there only being 2 and they're both on main grounds at Collendina and Queenscliff.

Does this mean Drysdale and Ocean Grove will host the Semi Finals in 1st?

Anglesea is obviously too far away to get a GF.
Agree that Queenscliff seems a baffling decision. In my opinion those pitches should be immediately ripped up and replaced.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;334987 said:
I agree with the 1st 3 grounds being the best.

Don't agree with the 4ths Final being on that Queenscliff pitch. I'd like to know how many 4ths players have played on these pitches this season? I say none, with there only being 2 and they're both on main grounds at Collendina and Queenscliff.
Does this mean Drysdale and Ocean Grove will host the Semi Finals in 1st?

The Bellbrae pitch is one of those crap bouncy wickets as well. it's used for C and D grade. Thankfully, they are no longer being laid down.

tugga1;334988 said:
Anglesea is obviously too far away to get a GF.
Agree that Queenscliff seems a baffling decision. In my opinion those pitches should be immediately ripped up and replaced.

i believe cricket victoria made a decision last year too start destryoing these crap pitches due to the poor development and bad habits it creates in juniors. Lets see how long the WAPBPCA take to start enforcing it. There is no way games should continue to be played on these surfaces let alone finals. They should demand their replacement by a certain date. This has been enforced in some melbourne associations and all clubs have complied.

crktluva;336917 said:
i believe cricket victoria made a decision last year too start destryoing these crap pitches due to the poor development and bad habits it creates in juniors. Lets see how long the WAPBPCA take to start enforcing it. There is no way games should continue to be played on these surfaces let alone finals. They should demand their replacement by a certain date. This has been enforced in some melbourne associations and all clubs have complied.

That's all well and good, but will Cricket Victoria be covering the costs of a new wicket. Those dodgy decks cost clubs around $10,000 to install. Do you think Collendina has that much coin to throw out the window?

supersaintjohnny;336920 said:
That's all well and good, but will Cricket Victoria be covering the costs of a new wicket. Those dodgy decks cost clubs around $10,000 to install. Do you think Collendina has that much coin to throw out the window?

im pretty sure those dodgy decks cost nowhere near that to install, and yes there are grants to cover 50% of new decks. i cant recall exactly but a few years back a new simpson turf cost approx. $1200.

For the uninitiated, how are these 'dodgy decks' different from normal ones. Too much bounce? Not enough bounce?

a for effort;336931 said:
For the uninitiated, how are these 'dodgy decks' different from normal ones. Too much bounce? Not enough bounce?

It's a trampoline type bounce, balls basically go through chest height from a very full length.

And now I am told that the initial email that went out was wrong and that those are the 4 grounds that will be being used for the grand finals, but not necessarily in the original order. Go figure. :confused:

tugga1;337131 said:
And now I am told that the initial email that went out was wrong and that those are the 4 grounds that will be being used for the grand finals, but not necessarily in the original order. Go figure. :confused:

tugga, a small suggestion for you. DONT EVER, EVER!!! try and figure out or make sense of what the WABPCA are trying to do or have already done. i dont think its possible or good for your health. way too much of:eek: and :confused: going on.

Back