Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv got one under me belt, stripping for a second one.. no tickets there checkerbruv. should be a cracker

GF number 3 for me. Lets hope its 3rd time lucky hey
wink.png

dont know who you think you are talking too, but if you mean me, carol, i have never even heard of this site until about 2 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................not sure why i would know...havent had anything to do with the assoc for the pasts 3 seasons!!!!!

i wish i was your son 3 yrs ago. i would have played in every rep squad even if i was a shit

Should be a cracking final, the young blokes vs the oldies? thoughts on the game?
any ins and outs? will the coach play for digman?

Judging by your semi-final side you guys had one bloke in there that boosted up your avg age hahahaha and weight size
biggrin.png

but still along way off ours hey haha
Should be a belter, unsure of the ins and outs yet. Anything can happen from now till saturday, touch wood everyones fit.

Newport Digman
Strengths.....Have a lot of batsmen in form. Ghazi and Welsh are in a golden patch at the moment. Kane Collins is getting wickets, Liam Collins with 80 odd in the B-turf a few weeks back gives them extra depth in their batting. Have good depth, B-turf being in the Grand Final is testament to this. Huge plus to have 2 turf grades in the Grand Final, training becomes more important and the battle to hold your place means you have to perform in the nets. The bowling attack, spearheaded by Guerra, is capable of running through the opposition.

Weaknesses....While getting amongst the wickets, Kane Collins is having a shocker with the bat lately. Have a lot of players who are closer to the end of their careers than the start of them. The longer the game goes the more the age factor kicks in. Don't seem to play spin to well, and facing Matt Shiells could be very difficult for them. Have been unsettled recently, and will be forced to change a winning semi final combination to make room for the coach.

What they need to do to win.....Must get runs out of Ghazi, Welsh and Kane Collins. Will need another mid size contribution from their middle order also. Charlie needs to bowl tight all day, and K.Collins needs to continue to get wickets. Will need to be very careful with the choice of player they have in fielding positions. Need to get the job done in 4 days not 6, don't let it become a grind.

Tomorrow, West Newport.

Newport Digman
Strengths.....Have a lot of batsmen in form. Ghazi and Welsh are in a golden patch at the moment. Kane Collins is getting wickets, Liam Collins with 80 odd in the B-turf a few weeks back gives them extra depth in their batting. Have good depth, B-turf being in the Grand Final is testament to this. Huge plus to have 2 turf grades in the Grand Final, training becomes more important and the battle to hold your place means you have to perform in the nets. The bowling attack, spearheaded by Guerra, is capable of running through the opposition.

Weaknesses....While getting amongst the wickets, Kane Collins is having a shocker with the bat lately. Have a lot of players who are closer to the end of their careers than the start of them. The longer the game goes the more the age factor kicks in. Don't seem to play spin to well, and facing Matt Shiells could be very difficult for them. Have been unsettled recently, and will be forced to change a winning semi final combination to make room for the coach.

What they need to do to win.....Must get runs out of Ghazi, Welsh and Kane Collins. Will need another mid size contribution from their middle order also. Charlie needs to bowl tight all day, and K.Collins needs to continue to get wickets. Will need to be very careful with the choice of player they have in fielding positions. Need to get the job done in 4 days not 6, don't let it become a grind.

Tomorrow, West Newport.

Some very interesting and true points you have there Classx1, i like your assessment, and thanks for giving me a plug
wink.png

hahaha.
But i think you missed two other players that arent doing too bad with the ball either. R mcfarlane and N pobega, both hitting there straps at the right time of the year. Both bowled extremly well on the weekend.
Its quite an obvious statement but i think batting depth is the key.
Cant wait to see tomorrows post
biggrin.png

thanx titb i rekon they should keep cheekyman to ;)

Funny how you don't train but expect a game at the business end? Some weak selectors.
West Newport too good, Digimon usually choke in the big ones. Pobega hitting form - lucky to hit the side of a barn door. Mcfarlane the key to Digimon, get him cheap and the rest will crumble.
If they no ball Charlie correctly West should get an extra 20-30 runs an innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back