Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

just cricket;376864 said:
mmmmmmm i went passed 5.30pm on friday and no covers were on then (but it does not rain at newport oval)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Dont know where you were on friday but it was 38degrees in Melbourne..............covers were down by 6pm,if they were down in that heat the wicket wouldve been a lot worse than it was,as I played at Baseballers where the covers were down all day friday & track was very soft & sticky,heaps wirse than Newport............:eek:

g.u just keep rolling on,the predictions of the dynasty collapsing are way of the mark. With the bat mobile purring along nice and smoothly after frewy gave it a grease and oil change,and a fully fit and rested deano waiting in the wings,its all systems go to correct the wrongs of last year. 2 things to watch for in the coming weeks,milorad with a 7 or 8 for, and carl commo to wind back the clock with a big hitting classic.

Interesting to see after their big move from the Churches Association Willy Congs haven't won a game so far this season. Looking at the figures looks like Mick Callus could do with a few more contributors. What is going on down there. St Andrews and Altona Roosters also struggling in the VTCA North B1 as well with Roosters winning 1 game and St Andrews not winning a game either.

Billy Bowden;376949 said:
Interesting to see after their big move from the Churches Association Willy Congs haven't won a game so far this season. Looking at the figures looks like Mick Callus could do with a few more contributors. What is going on down there. St Andrews and Altona Roosters also struggling in the VTCA North B1 as well with Roosters winning 1 game and St Andrews not winning a game either.

That could tell you Billy that churches standard may not have been as good as everyone over there thought.......:eek:

I must say though Billy,Congs' young opening bowler(Vine)goes alright.....;)

Wish I had him in my side,very handy.....;)

big game performer;376946 said:
g.u just keep rolling on,the predictions of the dynasty collapsing are way of the mark. With the bat mobile purring along nice and smoothly after frewy gave it a grease and oil change,and a fully fit and rested deano waiting in the wings,its all systems go to correct the wrongs of last year. 2 things to watch for in the coming weeks,milorad with a 7 or 8 for, and carl commo to wind back the clock with a big hitting classic.

cant wait for tmorrow night......20/20 big bash down at deer park and we are playing to win......hahahaha

hussler;376849 said:
Wicket was far from sticky,maybe the young blokes couldnt handle a bit of sideways movement.........:p

Before the days of covers thats all you used to get before xmas.......;)

true that should have seen the hoop i was getting hahahaha........bowled my first ball and 1st slip took it hahaha......:confused:

too many chiefs and not enough indians down their imo........we have played them twice for a tie(they should have won)easily the better team on the day and then we had a bit of payback down on our turf.......seems to be no game plan just have a bat and bowl.....i watched a bloke for them in between overs/balls sitting on the logs we have outside our ground/fence they had us 6/90 at tea and he was doing this all day we ended up on 9/270 odd (and i made a strong point of this the next week to this player and my team about their body language) also to get stuck into him and what do you know first ball of their innings OUT.......very dissapointing

but anyways long way to go and as it stands i think they have played 3 of the top 4 as it stands.......

hussler;376953 said:
I must say though Billy,Congs' young opening bowler(Vine)goes alright.....;)

Wish I had him in my side,very handy.....;)

breaking news mick callus has walked out of willy congs because he did not get all of his payment!!After he told them he did not want to be payed untill the end of the year! and is taking vine with him to Newport Digman(another case of not winning leave a club out to dry)what a dogs act i think!!!!:mad:

weapons05/06;376669 said:
west riff raff......

what happened to your young superstars..........? and dont use the excuse that the wicket was a sticky 1.......

interesting to see no kappa in the side either all that money you are paying him per wicket must be paying off.......

We were beaten by a better side on the day who used the conditions well. We are not a club that uses excuses when we lose but we try and learn from the mistakes we made which will hold us in good stead moving forward.We are very happy with the way we are going and believe we still have alot of improvement within the group. We are currently fielding an A Turf side with the oldest player being 23 years old so the upside of this group is enormous.

Kappa was unavailable this game and has struggle a bit so far but has given signs that a good performance is not far away.

West Riff Raff;377040 said:
We were beaten by a better side on the day who used the conditions well. We are not a club that uses excuses when we lose but we try and learn from the mistakes we made which will hold us in good stead moving forward.We are very happy with the way we are going and believe we still have alot of improvement within the group. We are currently fielding an A Turf side with the oldest player being 23 years old so the upside of this group is enormous.

Kappa was unavailable this game and has struggle a bit so far but has given signs that a good performance is not far away.

your spot on there mate, the wicket had sweated a fair bit over night and was seaming alot early... the top order really had to knuckle down and do the hard yards early in the 1st session to win the game...wickets in hand after tea and you's would have made 250-300. probley needed a couple of experienced blokes in the middle order (no 5 6 n 7) to steady the ship. most the damage was done in the first hour with 5 wickets lost because the younger blokes batting kept trying to play there drives and etc whilst the ball was still moving around a bit. the only bloke that really looked to know what he was doing out there was shielsy. chris irving showed how easy it would have been to bat after tea aswell.

slogger22;377116 said:
your spot on there mate, the wicket had sweated a fair bit over night and was seaming alot early... the top order really had to knuckle down and do the hard yards early in the 1st session to win the game...wickets in hand after tea and you's would have made 250-300. probley needed a couple of experienced blokes in the middle order (no 5 6 n 7) to steady the ship. most the damage was done in the first hour with 5 wickets lost because the younger blokes batting kept trying to play there drives and etc whilst the ball was still moving around a bit. the only bloke that really looked to know what he was doing out there was shielsy. chris irving showed how easy it would have been to bat after tea aswell.

Your on the money, the game was played in good spirit which was great to see,
This week is huge for both Digman and West,
Forecast isnt looking to flash hot, Its funny how weapons comes on here and has a dig, atleast there not hiding down in B Turf. So Weapons realistically when do you see your club coming up to A turf? Do you think you can match it with the the stronger clubs or just make up the numbers Re hoppers club and point cook

10notout;377160 said:
any 20/20 results ?

GUCC 160 + Deerp Park 7/70ish...........
Weapons................3rd ball duck...........
Maybe now he should be called a weapon of mass dysfunction!

Commentator;377164 said:
Your on the money, the game was played in good spirit which was great to see,
This week is huge for both Digman and West,
Forecast isnt looking to flash hot, Its funny how weapons comes on here and has a dig, atleast there not hiding down in B Turf. So Weapons realistically when do you see your club coming up to A turf? Do you think you can match it with the the stronger clubs or just make up the numbers Re hoppers club and point cook

well going by last nights performance in the 20/20 v gu we would be making up the numbers........even though our younger brigade were fantastic i thought we were clearly outclassed......as i said to the guys last night we need to work alot harder on the training track......

grand united had an aura about them last night pre the last 5 overs of their innings and ours a-turf teams should be very wary......

weapons05/06;377227 said:
well going by last nights performance in the 20/20 v gu we would be making up the numbers........even though our younger brigade were fantastic i thought we were clearly outclassed......as i said to the guys last night we need to work alot harder on the training track......

grand united had an aura about them last night pre the last 5 overs of their innings and ours a-turf teams should be very wary......

Not a fantastic indicator on how well GU are playing. They beat a B turf side like they should to be brutally honest! :rolleyes:

thegeneral1965;377210 said:
GUCC 160 + Deerp Park 7/70ish...........
Weapons................3rd ball duck...........
Maybe now he should be called a weapon of mass dysfunction!

fark where did you pull that 1 from........i didnt even giggle at it.....i giggled at how somebody could think they are funny by posting that tripe.......

g/u too good

Wyndhamvale all out 80. Werribee Centrals 9/81 off 19 and a bit

A good game fought out on what looked a slow track

The Lions Den;377267 said:
Not a fantastic indicator on how well GU are playing. They beat a B turf side like they should to be brutally honest! :rolleyes:

After watching the demolition it would be interesting as to what you would call a good indicator as i believe they have flogged everyone they have come up against in A turf so far.
They bowled 10 bowlers the other night so lucky they were not fair dinkum or Deer park may not have made 15.( Nothing against Deer park).:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back