Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Maybe, but their 2's are a good chance for the flag already, and if they get 5 or six players back in the ones they might be competitive in A turf as well

oldandslow;374063 said:
Sounds like Hoppers Club may surprise a few teams over the rest of the year. Apparently the 1st XI has 5 or 6 players returning over the next couple of weeks.

They can't do any worse than against GU!

This is the funniest post I've seen...............:D

oldandslow;374086 said:
Maybe, but their 2's are a good chance for the flag already, and if they get 5 or six players back in the ones they might be competitive in A turf as well

Looking at results, maybe their 1sts can play their 2nds next yr in b turf

Having played a few rds, who do you think are flag favourites in turf?

GU would be firm fav in A turf. Added to their bowling stocks and pretty handy batting line up.

Lavo Strong battling line up in B1 turf makes them hard to beat and will be favourites for back to back.

GU look the goods in B2 Turf if they can keep a few old heads in there.

good luck to all this weekend

Solidindefence;374423 said:

GU would be firm fav in A turf. Added to their bowling stocks and pretty handy batting line up.

Lavo Strong battling line up in B1 turf makes them hard to beat and will be favourites for back to back.

well we will see this week about lavo in b-turf 1.......a good test to see where my charges are at.......cant wait;)

any tips for this week

h/c v wyh = wyh just
colts v p cook = colts outright if p cook lose toss
gelli v lavo = lavo easy
imps v gu = gu easy
digman v west = digman in close 1

barryhall;374616 said:
any tips for this week

h/c v wyh = wyh just
gelli v lavo = lavo easy
imps v gu = gu easy

Hoppers v Wynd - As said previously... Hoppers to have a long year
Colts v Pt Cook - Pt Cook don't have the cattle & Colts coming off a big win
Gelli v Lavo - Lavo to just get over the line
Imps v GU - I'm tipping an upset here if Hinton returns this week
Digman v West - West with winning form & there is nothing to suggest they should not win this game

barryhall;374616 said:
any tips for this week

h/c v wyh = wyh just
gelli v lavo = lavo easy
imps v gu = gu easy

yeah i gat a tip big bazza......gotta change your avatar now he is in the red white and blue.....;)

The Lions Den;374704 said:
Digman v West - West with winning form & there is nothing to suggest they should not win this game

Willy Imps is a good scalp bud but this year most teams will beat the other 2 that you have beaten(HC & GELLI)........with ND,close losses to Wynd & Colts & a win over another cellar dweller(PT.C) isn't that bad a form,.......so I think there is something to suggest why you are not certainties????:cool:

Hoppers v Wynd - Should be a good game, could come down to the toss
Colts v Pt Cook - Wouldn't be too surprised to see P/C get up this week after a big win last week
Gelli v Lavo - Good batting lineup on their day. Should win on a small ground
Imps v GU - Should win, with a solid bowling attack
Digman v West - Will be a good game. But i would think Digman to win in a close one

hussler;374853 said:
Willy Imps is a good scalp bud but this year most teams will beat the other 2 that you have beaten(HC & GELLI)........with ND,close losses to Wynd & Colts & a win over another cellar dweller(PT.C) isn't that bad a form,.......so I think there is something to suggest why you are not certainties????:cool:

I never said West were a certainty mate... I just said West should win! You can only beat the teams you play & so far West have 3 Ws next to their name compared to Digman's 1...

Maybe the toss will play a part in this game with saturday's forecast? :rolleyes:

The Lions Den;374704 said:
Digman v West - West with winning form & there is nothing to suggest they should not win this game/QUOTE]

The Lions Den;374862 said:
I never said West were a certainty mate... I just said West should win!

This statement means, you think your a certainty to me bud.......:eek:

hussler;374870 said:
This statement means, you think your a certainty to me bud.......:eek:

Teams that play sides like Hoppers are a certainty... I merely said West should win!

If you want to go on your theory that West hasn't beaten anyone of quality so they aren't that good, what about GU? Why are they rated so highly when they have played practically the same teams West have played, as they have the same draw as West but just delayed a round in essence & it continues like that until round 8 or something... :eek:

Solidindefence;374423 said:

strong batting line up in b-turf 1........:confused: 6 bowled 2 run outs due to good fielding/bad calling and a couple of handy catches say's they couldnt handle the heat that was applied to them.........i spose thats what happens when you havnt lost for over a year........;)

weapons05/06;375359 said:
strong batting line up in b-turf 1........:confused: 6 bowled 2 run outs due to good fielding/bad calling and a couple of handy catches say's they couldnt handle the heat that was applied to them.........i spose thats what happens when you havnt lost for over a year........;)

Great stuff,your giving Lavo 2's a hiding,big deal............hopefully you win the flag & play against 1stXI sides for a change..................get fairdinkum.....................haaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........:eek::D

hussler;375392 said:
Great stuff,your giving Lavo 2's a hiding,big deal............hopefully you win the flag & play against 1stXI sides for a change..................get fairdinkum.....................haaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........:eek::D

well there is no talk about flag yet as there is a long way to go in the season as you would know cricket is a funny game....but let this be known........a-turf is where i want my club to play........;)

though i would be dissapointed not comming up against your greatself........mmmmmmm but we will see in the next game........;)

The Lions Den;374883 said:
Teams that play sides like Hoppers are a certainty... I merely said West should win!

If you want to go on your theory that West hasn't beaten anyone of quality so they aren't that good, what about GU? Why are they rated so highly when they have played practically the same teams West have played, as they have the same draw as West but just delayed a round in essence & it continues like that until round 8 or something... :eek:

We may have to wait until after xmas to see the heavyweights (gu vs west ) as they look to be clearing out ahead of the pack at this stage. Seems to me that the new coaches are firing for their respective clubs.

Seems that Gu can bat as well with 322 on the board after being sent in on Saturday and they were without Dean Commo and Roman Grenville who smashed Crofty last week around the park.:eek:

Imagine the $$ that any decent cricketter could command if they decided to play WDCA.
Armstrong on the $$ Newport are apparently paying him, average 15 with the bat and 1 wicket at 100+. Great return.

just a quick 1 boys...../girls that means you unyans........haha

20/20 comp starting next week and it has been a while since i have played wdca so just asking how teams treat this sort of tournament...i got the fixture and we are facing g/u first up hahaha now that will test my boys......to be the best you have to beat the best i spose.......am i right the 2 winners play off for the western side of another tournament unsure of its name to get a chance to play on the mcg in the final..........

any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back