Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Commentator;381437 said:
At the End of the day does it really matter how much the pay?
I come from a club that pays ************ all, everyone is doing it now like local footy.
You can either winge about it or work hard off field to narrow the gap between the $$$ up clubs and thenot so $$$ up clubs.
For example us at the colts pay nothing and we are doing quite well and sh0uld make finals.

Unlike your side who is hiding down in b turf!
Alot of talk about the Digman Lavo game? the Lavo faithfull??? nothing new?

we arnt hiding we are preparing..........
the word ''SHOULD'' is so irritating......either you have the cattle that will get you there(finals) or you dont believe in yourselves......

you musten know your local footy too well then.......some big bucks out there......

RangaRooster;381397 said:
stop embarrasing yourself weapons if you look around then ul see i have posted numerous things regarding rangas. just noticed how much of a shaft you are so thought id let u know what everyone else is no doubt thinking!!

4 out of 6 brother keep it comming........;)

West Riff Raff;381462 said:
Just have a look at his 2,000 odd posts he has sent and you will know why he is so hated.

2000 quality posts........you should be proud you have bagged me 500 times and still proven your a muppet........:p

there seems to be alot of talk on here lately about how much money each club is spending and who they are spending it on blah blah blah.Simple maths tells me that any club besides wyndhamvale that has spent anything in the last 9 years has wasted it.If your going to throw money at 2 or 3 cricketers over a 4 or 5 year period ,your just wasting it. You would be better of putting all your eggs in 1 basket and blowing the budget and pay 6 or 7 recruits and winning the flag. On a different topic, I have played cricket for the best part of 30 years,during which time i have never seen a batsman throw his wicket away out of fear of the pace of the bowling. all that changed however when g.u played deer park in a 20 twenty game earlier this season.A certain captain strode to the crease to face chuggy bowling little outies of 3 steps,he played his first 2 shots from square leg,then spooned the third ball to mid on .The look of relief on his face as the catch was taken almost made the drive out to that swamp worth it.:D Your a star weapons;)

So Christmas is just a sleep away.
It's been an interesting year in the wdca.
The Powerhouse are well and trully flying along. But with a number of sides improving this year they could give G.U a real scare.

Thoughts on 09?

Digman are up against it.
Trent Lawford Guaranteed a finals spot for his side, cant see that happening.
West are going ok, they have a big couple of games ahead of them, they havent really proven to much beside knocking off the colts.
Laverton would be very happy with the way things have gone,

So Weapons when do you think your side will come up? 2010-2011 or is Deer Park CC going to follow suit what the Footy club did and decline a promotion to A GRade, do you think if you were to come up you could match it with the better half of the comp.

I spose first all of you have to win it.

Any1 else have any thoughts on the year, or who may have a crack at G.U

Commentator;382035 said:
The Powerhouse are well and trully flying along. But with a number of sides improving this year they could give G.U a real scare.

Thoughts on 09?

West are going ok, they have a big couple of games ahead of them, they havent really proven to much beside knocking off the colts.

So Weapons when do you think your side will come up? 2010-2011 or is Deer Park CC going to follow suit what the Footy club did and decline a promotion to A GRade, do you think if you were to come up you could match it with the better half of the comp.

It has been quite an interesting year to date with a lot of talk on here about everything from paid players to rain affected wickets (which ended up being a touchy subject) :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it comes down to who gets points i suppose & GU are sitting quite comfortable on top by 10 pts with WN & Lavo trailing in equal 2nd... With these teams playing each other after xmas it leaves the door open for sides like colts & imps!

On the Weapons saga... Don't worry about his side because he will be able to afford some quality players after all the revenue he has raised thru the tooth fairy! :p I wonder if Santa will bring him some falsies tomorrow?? :D

Commentator;382035 said:

Thoughts on 09?

Interesting to hear alot of quotes referring to GU as either the powerhouse or the hunted..
I would think as only reigning 'runners up' GU have condiered themselves the hunters this year and out their to prove a point.
The Hunted would be 'Wyndhamvale' to which they seem to be having trouble living up to (the one man show), proving that what GU have done over the past 7 years is a fiar effort..
Alot can happen during the course of the year, and i agree the sides to beat are definitley GU, WEST. LAVO and ND (although the ladder doesnt suggest this). Colts along way off being in the best 4 and imps struggle for bowlers..
Colts will always be a chance though as they get to play every second game on the dunhill, which visiting sides are always going to struggle on that ground!
My point being, whatevere happens during the year the hardest game to win is the Semi! Proven last year when i believe the best team in comp never made the GF. ND
So anyway, enjoy the break, some big games in the new year, and good luck to all sides!

Commentator;382035 said:

Thoughts on 09?

We all hope that weapons wins, really there isn't a bit of sarcasm in that at all. Fark it would be fun to watch a peanut lead his monkeys, whilst he is getting a barrage each week.

william phillips got a lot of time on his hands that bloke.
just safe to say that whyndamvale have chnged there name to hawthorn
because there one man team is not firing on all cylinders "cylinder" should i say my pick is it will be a g.u v's lavo in the granny

weapons05/06;381656 said:
hahahaha.......suck it up princess.........i love big games and definately if/when we make ourselves available to play against your club i can tell you i wouldnt miss it for the world.........;)

i was in willy sat night and even went to the mersh to see your sisters/brothers gee i couldnt tell what they were......

but never the less have a good xmas and a good new year......

sorry forgot to add......who won the 20 slabs????

and who did not play in a winning grand final that year (win 20 slabs or win a flag ?????? :rolleyes:)

just cricket;382390 said:
and who did not play in a winning grand final that year (win 20 slabs or win a flag ?????? :rolleyes:)

ill take the 20 slabs........win a flag the next year.........and the year after that plus a championship.........:confused:

i was a very lucky chap......;)

weapons05/06;382399 said:
ill take the 20 slabs........win a flag the next year.........and the year after that plus a championship.........:confused:

i was a very lucky chap......;)

So were West Newport not having to put up with you anymore.

weapons05/06;382762 said:

lets just settle and say both parties were happy ok??
i know personally i would have rathered a flag than the slabs. u can allways go and buy 20 slabs. but u can not buy a flag!!!

aturfplaya;382818 said:
lets just settle and say both parties were happy ok??
i know personally i would have rathered a flag than the slabs. u can allways go and buy 20 slabs. but u can not buy a flag!!!

Oh yes you can....Carlton FC bought 15 of them & then tried to buy the 16th & got caught cheating...........:D

We bought a flag at West in 93/94 too..........:p

hussler;382903 said:
Oh yes you can....Carlton FC bought 15 of them & then tried to buy the 16th & got caught cheating...........:D

west could not buy half a cricketer let alone a flag. even wen they got killer a few years ago they won a flag and he leaves straight away. west will not hold onto their players next season.

aturfplaya;382930 said:
west could not buy half a cricketer let alone a flag. even wen they got killer a few years ago they won a flag and he leaves straight away. west will not hold onto their players next season.

killer left because of a hip injury and has not played again :cool:

hussler;382903 said:

that year of cheating was that the same year as when wayne carey was cheating:confused:

Well iam back form my USA Trip and what do i see more crap post.

Results wise in D1 nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not going to hang crap on Westnewport any more whats done is done.

My Tips for the first week back

Wyndhamvale to beat West Newport
Gellibrand Cricket Club v Williamstown Imperials this will be a close one
Grand United to win over Point Cook only just i think as PC have impeoved
Hoppers Club Cricket Club v Newport - Digman another close one but hoppers should win
Laverton v Williamstown Colts Kaverton to Win easy over he Colts

thedog;383049 said:
Well iam back form my USA Trip and what do i see more crap post.

Results wise in D1 nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not going to hang crap on Westnewport any more whats done is done.

My Tips for the first week back

Wyndhamvale to beat West Newport
Gellibrand Cricket Club v Williamstown Imperials this will be a close one
Grand United to win over Point Cook only just i think as PC have impeoved
Hoppers Club Cricket Club v Newport - Digman another close one but hoppers should win
Laverton v Williamstown Colts Kaverton to Win easy over he Colts

Drug mule - sampling is a no no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back