Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Koenig;384129 said:
*facepalm* You're aware that the game was already lost when Williamstown declared right?

The declaration was the correct decision as the first week saw 19 wickets, Wyndhamvale only had 10 players (9 wickets) and are a bowling dominant team (lowest aggregate team runs in the competition) they just played better.

I'm sure if people like 'hussler' could see past his own agenda (that being the fact that Wyndhamvale winning outright makes it harder for Newport to get into the finals) he would realise that it wasnt a bad decision, especially given Williamstown's situation on the ladder.

My thoughts exactly.

hussler;383959 said:
Definatley an interesting decision alright.....:confused:

Not sure you had any chance really???Just turned a loss into a bigger loss really.......:eek:

Nothing sinister here guys.

They had every chance of an outright win. Deck was terrible and both teams full of kids. 59 and 73 all out followed by 5/122 (with the top 5 out - wouldn't have lasted anymore than another 30 minutes anyway) a lead of 110 with 30 overs to get them on a wicket doing everything and a run rate of less than 2 an over in the first innings, was a sensible decision. Vales got the runs in the last over of the day. Also only had 10 batsmen. Could easily have gone the other way.

By the way - Vales won on 1st innings in the last over of day 1 (with 1 wicket in hand) and outright in the last over of day 2.

Koenig;384129 said:
*facepalm* You're aware that the game was already lost when Williamstown declared right?

The declaration was the correct decision as the first week saw 19 wickets, Wyndhamvale only had 10 players (9 wickets) and are a bowling dominant team (lowest aggregate team runs in the competition) they just played better.

I'm sure if people like 'hussler' could see past his own agenda (that being the fact that Wyndhamvale winning outright makes it harder for Newport to get into the finals) he would realise that it wasnt a bad decision, especially given Williamstown's situation on the ladder.

Your kiddin aren't you...if you didnt notice,I got dropped to the 3rds........:(

Great 1st post...if we have people like you on here we will all be better off..........:D

Can someone from Lavo tell me how Matt O'Brien hasnt got a game in the A-Turf yet???

After 200+ runs & 21 wkts before the break,thought he may have got a crack at it by now???

hussler;384174 said:
Can someone from Lavo tell me how Matt O'Brien hasnt got a game in the A-Turf yet???

After 200+ runs & 21 wkts before the break,thought he may have got a crack at it by now???

I think he wants to play with his brother in law, or something like that.

hussler;384145 said:
Your kiddin aren't you...if you didnt notice,I got dropped to the 3rds........:(

Great 1st post...if we have people like you on here we will all be better off..........:D

No I'm not kidding and no I did not notice you got dropped to the 3rds.. I haven't really made a habit of tracking the progress (or lack thereof) of park cricketers.

Regardless, your still playing at the same club and its still the same team you captained, ontop of that - you should be seeing your way back into that side after getting runs in C Comp, unless your gonna stay in C Comp and try and carry your team, which would be a pathetic act.

Koenig;384129 said:

I know the situation of the game, I'm from Wyndhamvale. I just don't see why they didn't leave the last 5 in to bat and try and get something from the day rather than declaring. if Wyndhamvale wanted to win outright they still would have tried. Believe me I probably would have.
There's no way a team would lose, or risk losing to make it harder for another team to make the finals

dolz;384247 said:
I know the situation of the game, I'm from Wyndhamvale. I just don't see why they didn't leave the last 5 in to bat and try and get something from the day rather than declaring. if Wyndhamvale wanted to win outright they still would have tried. Believe me I probably would have.
There's no way a team would lose, or risk losing to make it harder for another team to make the finals

I understand where you're coming from but cannot agree due to Williamstown's position on the ladder - they stood to gain more by going for the outright (even if it was a low percentage play which at the time it was not) as opposed to getting some time at the crease at the cost of conceding any chance of making the finals.

I'm not quite sure what your last sentence is referring to :confused:

Koenig;384255 said:
I understand where you're coming from but cannot agree due to Williamstown's position on the ladder - they stood to gain more by going for the outright (even if it was a low percentage play which at the time it was not) as opposed to getting some time at the crease at the cost of conceding any chance of making the finals.

I'm not quite sure what your last sentence is referring to :confused:
I do understand where you're coming from, but for a team who hasn't won a game there's an almost guaranteed chance of them not making the finals. If, as you say, their team is full of young kids, wouldn't you allow them the opportunity to get exposure at turf level against what seems the best bowling attack in the comp?
I'm not saying their decision was the wrong one by any means, i'm just saying maybe in their situation they should have allowed their players to gain experience

Koenig;384129 said:

The reason that Winginvale have the lowest aggregate is purely due to the worst outfield in the southern hemisphere as the proof is when you see the amount of runs that Winginvale compile away compared to home as well as all the other teams.........One man band........Mouldy..

Koenig;384237 said:
No I'm not kidding and no I did not notice you got dropped to the 3rds.. I haven't really made a habit of tracking the progress (or lack thereof) of park cricketers.

Regardless, your still playing at the same club and its still the same team you captained, ontop of that - you should be seeing your way back into that side after getting runs in C Comp, unless your gonna stay in C Comp and try and carry your team, which would be a pathetic act.

Well, if your not interested in park cricketers why the hell are you on here.....:eek:

You must think your the best player in the western surburbs the way you are potting us park cricketers????

Why dont you tell us where you play or played..........oh thats right cos your a coward...............:eek::eek:

hussler;384174 said:

not rated gets runs and wickets v the lower teams.........:eek:

grubbee;384277 said:
W`vale beat Hoppers Crossing

Grand Utd flogged Sunshine Utd

sunny heights batted 1st all out off last ball for 147........

deer park were 8/80 odd with 6 overs to go
(round about score) and needed 6 off the last ball to win.......ended up a close match something we havnt had in the tournament.......

dolz;384273 said:
I do understand where you're coming from, but for a team who hasn't won a game there's an almost guaranteed chance of them not making the finals. If, as you say, their team is full of young kids, wouldn't you allow them the opportunity to get exposure at turf level against what seems the best bowling attack in the comp?
I'm not saying their decision was the wrong one by any means, i'm just saying maybe in their situation they should have allowed their players to gain experience

''seems to be the best bowling attack in the comp''

the 1 day result on the w/e would back that sentance up.........1/133 off 15 overs????

good luck on the w/e boys........

weapons05/06;384344 said:
''seems to be the best bowling attack in the comp''

the 1 day result on the w/e would back that sentance up.........1/133 off 15 overs????

good luck on the w/e boys........

Everyone is allowed an off game with the ball are they not? From all reports the batsmen were going after everything and from the score looks like the were in good form with the bat

Btw, I'm not sure who the best bowling attack in the 2's are Weapons, I don't play that grade. But you'd think with 250 less runs conceded than the next best team you'd think they were a decent bowling team

dolz;384405 said:
Everyone is allowed an off game with the ball are they not? From all reports the batsmen were going after everything and from the score looks like the were in good form with the bat

Btw, I'm not sure who the best bowling attack in the 2's are Weapons, I don't play that grade. But you'd think with 250 less runs conceded than the next best team you'd think they were a decent bowling team

I'd say playing at Dog Sh!t Oval every 2nd week has a bit to do with it(runs agnst).............but they(your2s)have taken the least amount of wickets in the comp....:eek:

dolz;384405 said:

well maybe thats due to having played all the bottom teams twice already.......

if you dont know why comment.......:confused:

weapons05/06;384469 said:
well maybe thats due to having played all the bottom teams twice already.......

if you dont know why comment.......:confused:
I don't know because i don't often look at the B Turf mate. I play A Turf and try to worry more about that than your comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back