Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WDCAcricketer

Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Thought ld start up a thread for those of us that play in the Senior Willi comp.

2006/2007 Premiers

A Turf- Grand United Vs Laverton - Looks like a GU Premiership, result pending

B Turf- Footscray ANA

C Turf- Williamstown Colts

A Matting- Werribee South

B Matting- Grand United

Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

WDCAcricketer;149630 said:
Thought ld start up a thread for those of us that play in the Senior Willi comp.

2006/2007 Premiers

A Turf- Grand United Vs Laverton - Looks like a GU Premiership, result pending

B Turf- Footscray ANA

C Turf- Williamstown Colts

A Matting- Werribee South

B Matting- Grand United

Just confirmed, Grand United won the A Turf Premiership once again.

I think thats either five or six in a row for them in A Turf?

ANA make submission to the WADCA to join A turf for the 2007/2008 season.

WDCAcricketer;150196 said:
Just confirmed, Grand United won the A Turf Premiership once again.

I think thats either five or six in a row for them in A Turf?

yer fair side would be right open if they wernt there@|

weapons05/06;151638 said:
yer fair side would be right open if they wernt there@|

Must be a record, though there a aging side, with quite a few of them +35 and their junior program isnt strong may spell trouble for them in the comming years.

WDCAcricketer;151480 said:
ANA make submission to the WADCA to join A turf for the 2007/2008 season.

ANA should be promoted to A turf since they won the B turf premiership, and even more so that they are 1XI team winning the B Turf.

Promote ANA, regulate Deer Park Ardeer.
From what I hear Deer Park Ardeer are struggling and could possible fold between now and October, no doubt there seniors are struggling with all 3 senior teams not winning 1 game for the year, hope for there sake they stick around with there juniors keep them going.

Opening Batsman;152001 said:
ANA should be promoted to A turf since they won the B turf premiership, and even more so that they are 1XI team winning the B Turf.

Promote ANA, regulate Deer Park Ardeer.
From what I hear Deer Park Ardeer are struggling and could possible fold between now and October, no doubt there seniors are struggling with all 3 senior teams not winning 1 game for the year, hope for there sake they stick around with there juniors keep them going.

ANA will be requesting sides in A Turf, B Turf, & C Turf and A mats to the WADCA also will field a additional side in the churches. Hopefully will get the 3 turf sides in the WADCA, if not may have to look at putting a turf side in the churches. Another side that should go up to A turf is Point Cook, their better than some current A Turf side. However still not having a turf ground makes in near impossible as l dont think other A Turf sides would agree to play on matts.

Opening Batsman;152195 said:
Is Point Cook a new club. What grades are they in.

They were previously Wyndham, their first play in B turf and l beleive they have two other teams in A & B Matting. There First made it to the Semi's.
They should win B Turf next season unless GU recruit new blood and ANA dont get promoted.

Grand United always recurit well. Will anyone get close to them, maybe Footscary ANA, what di you think WDCAcricketer?

Opening Batsman;152765 said:
Grand United always recurit well. Will anyone get close to them, maybe Footscary ANA, what di you think WDCAcricketer?

Depending on the recruits, hoping to be competitive, ld say we need a solid opening bat, and hopefully get a couple of new recruits. Its shown there is alot of hard hitting power winning the 20/20 comp and sevens comp, however for the 2 day form of the game need a gritty one or two bats. The coach is mates with a x north melbourne opening bowler and may well come down though cant train regulary and also another opening bowler will be making his return after playing in queensland last season, incidently he won the bowling average in A turf last year of the FCA, still only in his early 30's.

If Grand United lose chugga, they tend to be vulnerable, back last year when he was training with Melton they dropped a game or two. I'd say Grand United, Laverton, and Gellibrand will be the ones to beat, and Newport Digman should improve, unusual for them not to make finals last year.

My Champion player predictions for the presentation night are:

A-Turf- Edward Maddern- Grand United
B-Turf- Ashley Fine- Gellibrand
C-Turf- Stephen Bratby- Willi Colts
A-Matts- Graeme Brooks- Werribee South
B-Matts- Sean Tymms- Grand United

Anyone else out there has a opinon who will win?

Laverton looking for a head coach, any confirmed appointments?

laverton = most dead beat club in victoria

im just woundering how do you think grand united would go in vtca senior comp???

ANCC;153994 said:
laverton = most dead beat club in victoria

im just woundering how do you think grand united would go in vtca senior comp???

They would be competitive with most of the sides, the only draw back, 3/4 of the team would be suspended by rd 1, since it appears the VTCA umpires actually reports players unlike the willi comp who tend to ignore it or dont follow up complaints.

They bat down the order and have chugga leading their bowling, together with their intimidation, makes it a tough ask to play them . I've heard umpires express their horror of getting a GU game.

WDCAcricketer;152887 said:
My Champion player predictions for the presentation night are:

A-Turf- Edward Maddern- Grand United
B-Turf- Ashley Fine- Gellibrand
C-Turf- Stephen Bratby- Willi Colts
A-Matts- Graeme Brooks- Werribee South
B-Matts- Sean Tymms- Grand United

Anyone else out there has a opinon who will win?

when is it????im supposed to be getting an invite and havnt got 1 yet.....

weapons05/06;154125 said:
when is it????im supposed to be getting an invite and havnt got 1 yet.....

Friday 4th of May at Altona RSL.

weapons05/06;154134 said:
will u be there????

Won't be going this year, am away interstate for the weekend. Will any of your Under 17s win anything this year?

WDCAcricketer;154231 said:
Won't be going this year, am away interstate for the weekend. Will any of your Under 17s win anything this year?

nope im going cause i coached the u/21 rep side for the willy comp and 1 kid made a hundred and another got a 5 fa............also to let the clubs know a little more about it to make sure next year we get the best side available as this year was ok but i know there are better kids out there.........@|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back