Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

weapons05/06;154399 said:
nope im going cause i coached the u/21 rep side for the willy comp and 1 kid made a hundred and another got a 5 fa............also to let the clubs know a little more about it to make sure next year we get the best side available as this year was ok but i know there are better kids out there.........@|

Your telling me, Aaron Millichip was in the side!!

He is a thirds player at best, and isn't much to write home about.

ANCC;154405 said:
Your telling me, Aaron Millichip was in the side!!

He is a thirds player at best, and isn't much to write home about.

well where were u????
i had 4 of my under 17's fill in for the 3 games just goes to show how fair dinkum the comp was in getting the side going....... i gave them plenty of time to get the training dates to all the clubs and didnt have any 1 rock up to the 1st 3 training sessions after that who eva rocked up got a game.........
he was servicable..... anyway and im not writing home about anything buddy

before u quote me read my post please in future..........@|

weapons05/06;154419 said:
well where were u????
i had 4 of my under 17's fill in for the 3 games just goes to show how fair dinkum the comp was in getting the side going....... i gave them plenty of time to get the training dates to all the clubs and didnt have any 1 rock up to the 1st 3 training sessions after that who eva rocked up got a game.........

Will send a few down next season for a try out.
I made 19 year old Andrew Hodgart vice captain in the 2nd's last season, has very good cricket brain for a 19 year old. He wanted a year off last season ,though l managed to convince him to play and help the younger kids along. Wasnt interested in playing first last season, however he ended up having one game in the first ,when we were very short to help them out and made a nice 50 odd. Hopefully l can get him down, would be a very good pick up.

weapons05/06;154419 said:
well where were u????

where was i i dont play in the wdca mate vtca where the real $$$$ is mate wdca is ******** mate when i was 13 i played 1s in it.

ANCC;154849 said:
where was i i dont play in the wdca mate vtca where the real $$$$ is mate wdca is ******** mate when i was 13 i played 1s in it.

The bottom couple of teams are really weak, but the top 4 teams would beat
most North B & North A sides easily. Should be interesting to see how x willi comp club Willi CYMS goes in senior A comp next year in the VTCA. They should be at least competitive.

ANCC;154849 said:

well piss your ******** off to the vtca thread then dont come on here looking for friends....... real $$$ good luck to you hope you're worth the money not playing in finals:confused:

Heard a roumour that Willy Imps may be in trouble, may close up shop if cant find someone to merge with... Only was a couple of seasons, that their was talk between them and Willi CYMS about a proposed merger. Dont think that is on the cards with CYMS winning the flag this season.

There has been a proposal put forward to the comp to set up a Veterans grade, either over 35 or over 40. I know we are very keen to put a side together, and would opt for the over 40 stipulation. I was astounded how many former players had their kids down in the juniors this year. It was like a reunion every game. The big 75th reunion we had, sparked alot of interest from the old timers.

I think this would be a good step to take for the Willi comp. Bring back some members back to the clubs. Hope fully this gets off the ground. I know north west has a veterans grade, but would much prefer to play on turf against old club foes...

WDCAcricketer;155054 said:
There has been a proposal put forward to the comp to set up a Veterans grade, either over 35 or over 40. I know we are very keen to put a side together, and would opt for the over 40 stipulation. I was astounded how many former players had their kids down in the juniors this year. It was like a reunion every game. The big 75th reunion we had, sparked alot of interest from the old timers.

I think this would be a good step to take for the Willi comp. Bring back some members back to the clubs. Hope fully this gets off the ground. I know north west has a veterans grade, but would much prefer to play on turf against old club foes...

Dont where the truf grounds are going to be found for a veterans grade. And why would you bother playing in a veternas grade, hit and giggle cricket, rather play in the lower grades.

Opening Batsman;155106 said:
Dont where the truf grounds are going to be found for a veterans grade. And why would you bother playing in a veternas grade, hit and giggle cricket, rather play in the lower grades.

This is for those that do not wish to play regulary, like half a dozen games during the season. Games would be a one day format, played on Sundays.

WDCAcricketer;155132 said:
This is for those that do not wish to play regulary, like half a dozen games during the season. Games would be a one day format, played on Sundays.

So a social game of cricket? I guess you can be drinking VB and Jim Beam Cans while batting, bowling or fileding has that what I got told happens in the NWCA veternans grade and the clubs get fined if they get caught.

Opening Batsman;155140 said:
So a social game of cricket? I guess you can be drinking VB and Jim Beam Cans while batting, bowling or fileding has that what I got told happens in the NWCA veternans grade and the clubs get fined if they get caught.

Were hoping our supporters turn up on Sunday and do the drinking. We wont be encouraging the players to do it. Few of them actually take it quite serious, bit of pride there and good ammo for bragging rights. We have 15 or so already interested in playing these games. With this strategy in mind, were hoping a few of them decide to come back to the fold and play in the lower grades on Saturday to help out our juniors which are growing at a rapid rate. From one under 12 team five years ago, to potentially six junior sides for the coming season.

WDCAcricketer;155205 said:
Were hoping our supporters turn up on Sunday and do the drinking. We wont be encouraging the players to do it. Few of them actually take it quite serious, bit of pride there and good ammo for bragging rights. We have 15 or so already interested in playing these games. With this strategy in mind, were hoping a few of them decide to come back to the fold and play in the lower grades on Saturday to help out our juniors which are growing at a rapid rate. From one under 12 team five years ago, to potentially six junior sides for the coming season.

Hope it works out for everyone and you get a grade up. @|

Opening Batsman;155236 said:
Hope it works out for everyone and you get a grade up. @|

I hope a few other clubs are interested too. Lavo had the idea initially so l guess they would have a side too.

A side issue, are u padding up for the next season?

Is it time for Grand United to step up and move into a better competition?

Like u said its something like 6 A Turf premierships in a row

Right Arm Speed;155240 said:
Is it time for Grand United to step up and move into a better competition?

Like u said its something like 6 A Turf premierships in a row

I agree, though they do have a ageing list, most are over 30's. There reign may be coming to a end if they dont pick up some new players.

WDCAcricketer;155238 said:
I hope a few other clubs are interested too. Lavo had the idea initially so l guess they would have a side too.

A side issue, are u padding up for the next season?

of course I will padding up. Cant wait for the AFL grand final to come around, because after that its Cricket!

Opening Batsman;155442 said:
of course I will padding up. Cant wait for the AFL grand final to come around, because after that its Cricket!

likewise here, cant wait after a below par season, ready to go now, havent been this keen for a long while...

I have seen north west cricket association have been advertising in the local papers this week for clubs to join the competition. I wasnt aware they had turf cricket, unless there starting it up next season. Wonder if any of the clubs here would move, some might cross over from the VTCA depending on affilation costs.

Hi,

i am wondering who people thought where the best performed of the last season, maybe a top 5 bowlers and the same for batters, or a team of the season for the ones.

Not so much on stats alone tho, just who people think did well for themselves.

and, i am also wondering wat people think of the pace bowlers in the comp, Dano Lee, Andrew Wilks, Trent Lawford and Clinton Chugg, along with others.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back