Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

WDCAcricketer;155859 said:
I have seen north west cricket association have been advertising in the local papers this week for clubs to join the competition. I wasnt aware they had turf cricket, unless there starting it up next season. Wonder if any of the clubs here would move, some might cross over from the VTCA depending on affilation costs.

Yes I seen the ads as well, must be all over this side of the city in Melbourne. The NWCA is a matting association so they must be looking for a Turf grade. A few clubs in last 5-6 years (Greenvale, Craigieburn Tullamarine, Moonee Valley) left the NWCA and went to the VTCA manily for there ones and twos to play on Turf and playing better standard of cricket(another argument there), all the clubs have been stuck in the North B section. Interesting to see what will happen. Can the NWCA "steal" one or two WDCA clubs to join them?

Opening Batsman;156021 said:
Yes I seen the ads as well, must be all over this side of the city in Melbourne. The NWCA is a matting association so they must be looking for a Turf grade. A few clubs in last 5-6 years (Greenvale, Craigieburn Tullamarine, Moonee Valley) left the NWCA and went to the VTCA manily for there ones and twos to play on Turf and playing better standard of cricket(another argument there), all the clubs have been stuck in the North B section. Interesting to see what will happen. Can the NWCA "steal" one or two WDCA clubs to join them?

I doubt it, but you never know. Might be able to pick up a couple from the churches comp, expecially if the churches fixtures there turf games on a Sunday. Will be interesting to see if these former North West teams move back with the advent of turf cricket. Interesting times ahead...

WDCAcricketer;156026 said:
I doubt it, but you never know. Might be able to pick up a couple from the churches comp, expecially if the churches fixtures there turf games on a Sunday. Will be interesting to see if these former North West teams move back with the advent of turf cricket. Interesting times ahead...

G'Day guys, I'm involved in both the MMVCA and the NWCa. The NWCA has no turf comp but are trying to start one by attracting clubs mainly from the MMVCA. I can't see any clubs going across.

bomber27;156062 said:
G'Day guys, I'm involved in both the MMVCA and the NWCa. The NWCA has no turf comp but are trying to start one by attracting clubs mainly from the MMVCA. I can't see any clubs going across.

What will MMVCA say about that, the next door neighbours. You never know which club is not happy with there association and wants to leave. Will not suprise me if NWCA do get the turf grade up and steal a MMVCA club or maybe a few VTCA clubs?

Opening Batsman;156065 said:
What will MMVCA say about that, the next door neighbours. You never know which club is not happy with there association and wants to leave. Will not suprise me if NWCA do get the turf grade up and steal a MMVCA club or maybe a few VTCA clubs?

Does any one know if North west has acess to turf grounds? or do they have to recruit teams that only have a turf wickets. I know the churches managed to find a few grounds for their teams, though had trouble recruiting new clubs to join their association. They did manage to convince Newport Baseballers a couple of years ago to join, after they were relegated by the Willi Comp to B Turf. Though they only stayed in the churches for couple of seasons.

ANA having their Presentation night tomorrow , should be a good night.
Predicting Captain Coach Jamie Wills to win the champion player and S .Kukucka to take the Bowling Average and R.Wheeler to take the Batting Average.

WDCAcricketer;156157 said:
Does any one know if North west has acess to turf grounds? or do they have to recruit teams that only have a turf wickets. I know the churches managed to find a few grounds for their teams, though had trouble recruiting new clubs to join their association. They did manage to convince Newport Baseballers a couple of years ago to join, after they were relegated by the Willi Comp to B Turf. Though they only stayed in the churches for couple of seasons.

No, any team wanting to play turf in the North west would have to provide their own turf ground. I know in Moreland that will be actually digging up a few wickets so there will be even less

bomber27;156266 said:
No, any team wanting to play turf in the North west would have to provide their own turf ground. I know in Moreland that will be actually digging up a few wickets so there will be even less

Its the trend these days. I know were we play, there use to be 5 turf wickets, each over lapping each other. They just dug up all the turf tables before start of the semi finals and have only provide two turf tables. Might affect some other Williamstown comp teams if the Hobson Bay council has a look at their grounds.. The churches comp was using a wicket on our ground last season, with the lost of that wicket, you would think it puts their turf comp at risk of not going ahead. Then again if stage 4 water restrictions kick in no turf will be played...

WDCAcricketer;156271 said:
Its the trend these days. I know were we play, there use to be 5 turf wickets, each over lapping each other. They just dug up all the turf tables before start of the semi finals and have only provide two turf tables. Might affect some other Williamstown comp teams if the Hobson Bay council has a look at their grounds.. The churches comp was using a wicket on our ground last season, with the lost of that wicket, you would think it puts their turf comp at risk of not going ahead. Then again if stage 4 water restrictions kick in no turf will be played...

No Turf means more matting cricket for everyone. I can see Some "turf players" will refuse to play on the mats

Opening Batsman;156306 said:
No Turf means more matting cricket for everyone. I can see Some "turf players" will refuse to play on the mats

If they love the game, it doesnt matter where you play. Brings back memories form Junior days playing on Matts. If only matting cricket goes ahead, going to be some huge scores posted. I remember we played one game on matts years ago because a turf ground wasnt available. Both sides made over 350 runs. Going to be a long season for some Bowlers....

WDCAcricketer;156158 said:
ANA having their Presentation night tomorrow , should be a good night.
Predicting Captain Coach Jamie Wills to win the champion player and S .Kukucka to take the Bowling Average and R.Wheeler to take the Batting Average.

Presentation Results 06/07:

B Turf
Champion Player: Jamie Wills
Bowling: Steve Kukucka
Batting: Ricky Wheeler

C Turf
Champion Player: Aaron Scott
Bowling: Aaron Scott
Batting: Mile Kotoski

A Matts
Champion Player: Derek Morrisson
Bowling: Derek Morrisson
Batting: Scott Flannigan

D Grade:
Champion Player: Darren Webb
Bowling: Greg Miller
Batting: Darren Webb

Any other Presentation results from other clubs?

Anyone else itching to play yet?, got the bug for the next season, with a new turf table layed and with the bigger boundries, the scores wont be as big, which means more running for us big guys.... guess l got to hit the track soon...

Good to see quite abit of rain over the last few days, hope it keeps on comming. Angliss is looking better and better each day, good green cover. Hopefully the lacross guys dont dig it up to much in the winter months.

The A.N. Special;160545 said:
Who are the best Bowlers in the WDCA A Turf?

Grand United- C.Chugg, M.Frew

Newport Digman- L.Collins

Willi Imps- G.Robinson

Wyndhamvale- T.Lawford

Gellibrand- D.Croft, A.Neville

Hoppers Crossing- A.Wilks

Newport Rams- J.King

Laverton- D.Batties , C.Wells

WDCAcricketer;160706 said:
Grand United- C.Chugg, M.Frew

Newport Digman- L.Collins

Willi Imps- G.Robinson

Wyndhamvale- T.Lawford

Gellibrand- D.Croft, A.Neville

Hoppers Crossing- A.Wilks

Newport Rams- J.King

Laverton- D.Batties , C.Wells

L. Collins, better then Dano Lee??

The A.N. Special;160732 said:
L. Collins, better then Dano Lee??

On pure stats there about the same mark , With L Collins taking 21 wickets @18.66 at strike rate of 33.10 with Dano Lee taking 16 wickets @17.10 at strike rate of 30.70. As to which bowler is better, l will leave that to the guys who have faced both of them.

Right Arm Speed;160746 said:
Ash Hulme would be right up there id think..

He only played 6 games , bowled 54 overs for 5 wickets at a average of 21.80. It appears used more as a 2nd change bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back