Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

I beleive they still havent appointed a captain coach, l beleive Dean Comonsoli will most likely do it again, going for GU seventh A turf premiership in arrow this season....

Hows everyone preseason going so far?

We had 20 on the track tonight, best turn out so far. Will be a few aches and pains tomorrow after a footy match.

Last years Willi Colts coach Michael Callus has crossed over to Coach Willi Congs in the Churches comp.

ANA have a practice game organised against Melton Centrals on Sunday 23 Sept at McIvor Reserve in Yarraville.

Our coach went to the Willi comp meeting last wednesday, and there will be plans put into place to play finals before christmas, as the council have told the Willi comp to expect stage four water restrictions to take play this season. A proposal was put forward to play all one day matches matches this season , but that didnt get the votes. Another proposal was to truck in water for two grounds and play sat & sunday one day games for 4 rounds on the two grounds after christmas and then have the finals. Hope we get alot more rain before the season start....

WDCAcricketer;175764 said:
Last years Willi Colts coach Michael Callus has crossed over to Coach Willi Congs in the Churches comp.

who???

wait there!!!;177480 said:

I have played against him, never stops with the yap, seen on the Willi Congs web site, that he reprsented the VIC under 21 team, would of been quite a few years ago. I beleive he also reprsented Malta cricket team for the lower grades of the World Cup games.

WDCAcricketer;177492 said:
I have played against him, never stops with the yap, seen on the Willi Congs web site, that he reprsented the VIC under 21 team, would of been quite a few years ago. I beleive he also reprsented Malta cricket team for the lower grades of the World Cup games.

Don't you mean one of his relitives John, I think Michael Callus is the leggy???

wait there!!!;177506 said:
Don't you mean one of his relitives John, I think Michael Callus is the leggy???

Yeah your right, l stand corrected, it was actual John Callus who was captain of willi colts when l played against them. There were 3 or so Callus in that side. Michael was one of them. Think John was the one who played for Malta.

A side issue, do u play for any of the teams in the willi comp?

WDCAcricketer;177522 said:
Yeah your right, l stand corrected, it was actual John Callus who was captain of willi colts when l played against them. There were 3 or so Callus in that side. Michael was one of them. Think John was the one who played for Malta.

A side issue, do u play for any of the teams in the willi comp?

Yeah I play in the 2nds and sometimes the 1sts at Newport Digman but have had work commitments so haven't played much of late.
Who do you play for?
I know Mick because he played with us for a while, good bloke and not a bad cricketer.

wait there!!!;177526 said:
Yeah I play in the 2nds and sometimes the 1sts at Newport Digman but have had work commitments so haven't played much of late.
Who do you play for?
I know Mick because he played with us for a while, good bloke and not a bad cricketer.

I play for ANA, ended up captaining the 2nds last year, had a shocker of a year on a personal note, tried to do to much and coach the juniors at the same time.

Do you know if you guys picked up anyone this comming season? Were pretty much got the same list, may pick up 1 or two form melton though, still early days at training.

Should be a interesting year, do you think anyone can knock of GU in A turf this season?

WDCAcricketer;177530 said:
I play for ANA, ended up captaining the 2nds last year, had a shocker of a year on a personal note, tried to do to much and coach the juniors at the same time.

Do you know if you guys picked up anyone this comming season? Were pretty much got the same list, may pick up 1 or two form melton though, still early days at training.

Should be a interesting year, do you think anyone can knock of GU in A turf this season?

Not sure haven't been done the club lately. I heard a rumour that Charlie Guerra was coming down for a game???

wait there!!!;177534 said:
Not sure haven't been done the club lately. I heard a rumour that Charlie Guerra was coming down for a game???

Not a bad pick up at all if true, l think he was playing for Flemington last season, took a swag of wickets too.

WDCAcricketer;176293 said:
Our coach went to the Willi comp meeting last wednesday, and there will be plans put into place to play finals before christmas, as the council have told the Willi comp to expect stage four water restrictions to take play this season. A proposal was put forward to play all one day matches matches this season , but that didnt get the votes. Another proposal was to truck in water for two grounds and play sat & sunday one day games for 4 rounds on the two grounds after christmas and then have the finals. Hope we get alot more rain before the season start....

that not good news if stage 4 water restrictions come in and no one will be allowed to play cricket, we need rain, rain and more rain and we need now!

WDCAcricketer;177544 said:
Not a bad pick up at all if true, l think he was playing for Flemington last season, took a swag of wickets too.

So will you guys be going up yo A turf this year?
I know a few of your boys and they would be more then capable of handling themselves in the A turf, the standard has droppped off dramatically in the last 5 years

WDCAcricketer;177544 said:

Yeah he was a fantastic bowler 7 - 8 years ago, but now???
Will you guys be going up to A turf this year, I know a few of your boys and they would be more then capable in the A turf. The standard has dropped off dramatically in the last 5 years.

wait there!!!;177620 said:
Will you guys be going up to A turf this year, I know a few of your boys and they would be more then capable in the A turf. The standard has dropped off dramatically in the last 5 years.

Weve put in for a A & B Turf and a possible C Turf side and a matting side in the Willi comp and a team in the churches, if we cant get C turf will put in two sides in the churches. Ive seen the standard drop quite abit through out the grades.

wait there!!!;177620 said:

Ive never seen the guy bowl, though have heard he had abit of zing. His played for a few clubs?

WDCAcricketer;177633 said:
Ive never seen the guy bowl, though have heard he had abit of zing. His played for a few clubs?

Yeah when I faced him he played for West Newport, he was lightening quick.
I think he is a money chaser not a clubmen....

WDCAcricketer;177632 said:
Weve put in for a A & B Turf and a possible C Turf side and a matting side in the Willi comp and a team in the churches, if we cant get C turf will put in two sides in the churches. Ive seen the standard drop quite abit through out the grades.

What is the standard like in the churches comp. I have heard they have a turf grade. I know a few lads at St. Johns and at Congs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back