Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

i tend to agree with all three posts. i think ND would be disappointed with there season considering where they were with 2 games to go in the season.

Laverton are the team to watch next year, they are yound and with players returning should be very strong. You can never count out GU but they will rebuild from this loss.

I think there will be a fair gap between Lavo & GU and the next bunch next year. just my opinion

i tend to agree with all three posts. i think ND would be disappointed with there season considering where they were with 2 games to go in the season.

Laverton are the team to watch next year, they are yound and with players returning should be very strong. You can never count out GU but they will rebuild from this loss.

I think there will be a fair gap between Lavo & GU and the next bunch next year. just my opinion

Not Just Empty Words;343388 said:
Maybe some of these sides are stagnant and need a fresh challenge.

Take Newport Digman for example. Given the ground, facilities, investment in players and quality cricketers/people that they have down there, they really should be better.
Some may argue that they have made the GF last year and Semi this year, but they just give the impression of a club struggling to make any sort of impact in the WDCA and need a fresh challenge.

A bit harsh made the GF lose to GU.
Make the semi lose to GU.
Still consistent efforts over the years, they have always been there abouts, considering no one has had a look in the past 7 years.

I think they need a new Captain/Coach.

Need a decent quick and one more bat to get themselves out of just making up the numbers come finals time.

I have heard they have marked some blokes for the Captain/Coach role, can you elaborate on this Hussler?

Word on the street is people are very unhappy with Charlie and blame him for the semi final debacle....

Will he stay at the club or chase the $$$????

Not Just Empty Words;343388 said:
Maybe some of these sides are stagnant and need a fresh challenge.

Take Newport Digman for example. Given the ground, facilities, investment in players and quality cricketers/people that they have down there, they really should be better.
Some may argue that they have made the GF last year and Semi this year, but they just give the impression of a club struggling to make any sort of impact in the WDCA and need a fresh challenge.

Still consistent efforts over the years, they have always been there abouts, considering no one has had a look in the past 7 years.

Need a decent quick and one more bat to get themselves out of just making up the numbers come finals time.

I have heard they have marked some blokes for the Captain/Coach role, can you elaborate on this Hussler?

Word on the street is people are very unhappy with Charlie and blame him for the semi final debacle....

For the Ron Dawes medal i'm tipping

Trent Lawford to win it followed by Glen Robson(again the bridesmaid!) and Kane Collins.

All 3 had great season's but Lawford had a lot less competition from his team mates to steal votes.

Trent Lawford to win it followed by Glen Robson(again the bridesmaid!) and Kane Collins.

All 3 had great season's but Lawford had a lot less competition from his team mates to steal votes.

Stump Cam;343683 said:

You should be lookin after the family,not hangin around the streets StumpCam:D........no truth to that at all bud............hes stayin put!!!!!!!!

Where you been lately,very quiet???????????:D

Stump Cam;343683 said:

You should be lookin after the family,not hangin around the streets StumpCam:D........no truth to that at all bud............hes stayin put!!!!!!!!

Boofa;343703 said:

Robbo JUST to pip Lawford!!!!

Boofa;343703 said:

Robbo JUST to pip Lawford!!!!

wyndhamvale titan;343348 said:
agree with most of your comments.

Regarding wyndhamvale only lost Plummer so should be near the top again.Our wicket is now in control of the club not the council so expect a marked improvement on it.

Disagree with your call on Laverton though. Wouldn't have been celebrating if they made the finals. Need to get there before you can make a call on that.

Newport, whilst having a reasonable bowling attack seem to have more fight after they have lost the game. For them to go any further a new captain is a must.

These are my personal opinions only

Who will captain the vales next year? i cant imagine anyone in the crop now being able to do the job. plummer was off for the second day of our game and you could notice it big time.

I would have to say there would have been a fair chance we would have been celebrating. just going on our record against you blokes and the fact we wiped you down on your paddock this year. the only team to really do so in a or b turf....

west newport throwing around the cash for next year i see, are their bowlers that good? the brothers are young and seem alright but is there much else? are these 2 new bats signed up yet? everyone has new players this far out but weather they actually play or not in 6 months is a dif story.

its hard to see any teams other then wynd/digman/lav/imps/west?/gu? being in the hunt next year....

wyndhamvale titan;343348 said:
agree with most of your comments.

Regarding wyndhamvale only lost Plummer so should be near the top again.Our wicket is now in control of the club not the council so expect a marked improvement on it.

Disagree with your call on Laverton though. Wouldn't have been celebrating if they made the finals. Need to get there before you can make a call on that.

Newport, whilst having a reasonable bowling attack seem to have more fight after they have lost the game. For them to go any further a new captain is a must.

These are my personal opinions only

Who will captain the vales next year? i cant imagine anyone in the crop now being able to do the job. plummer was off for the second day of our game and you could notice it big time.

I would have to say there would have been a fair chance we would have been celebrating. just going on our record against you blokes and the fact we wiped you down on your paddock this year. the only team to really do so in a or b turf....

west newport throwing around the cash for next year i see, are their bowlers that good? the brothers are young and seem alright but is there much else? are these 2 new bats signed up yet? everyone has new players this far out but weather they actually play or not in 6 months is a dif story.

its hard to see any teams other then wynd/digman/lav/imps/west?/gu? being in the hunt next year....

rohan;343823 said:

why dont you worry about your own backyard rohan. you guys have had the side to go all the way in the last fews years and couldn't even make the finals.

There must be a few disappointed people down there

rohan;343823 said:

why dont you worry about your own backyard rohan. you guys have had the side to go all the way in the last fews years and couldn't even make the finals.

There must be a few disappointed people down there

hussler;343818 said:

Wouldn't you like to know :D
ND looking for a seconds Captain as they haven't had one for a few years now:eek:

hussler;343818 said:

Wouldn't you like to know :D
ND looking for a seconds Captain as they haven't had one for a few years now:eek:

rohan;343823 said:

w/vale coach/2009/2100 radford?

rohan;343823 said:

w/vale coach/2009/2100 radford?

the season just gone we had, 5 new players come into the team none of which were over 23 or 24 i dont think. we were disappointed we didnt make, but you have to look long term i would have thought?
ill worry about our backyard and just quietly you should worry about yourself next year and i refer to yourself as wyndamvale.... not catching on probly?
anyone else here what the vales did after the won referring to heading inside for a drink/arvo tea? i hope i havent given too much away!

as for the job at wynd, is he up to it? and is lawford staying thats the other rumour we've heard.....

the season just gone we had, 5 new players come into the team none of which were over 23 or 24 i dont think. we were disappointed we didnt make, but you have to look long term i would have thought?
ill worry about our backyard and just quietly you should worry about yourself next year and i refer to yourself as wyndamvale.... not catching on probly?
anyone else here what the vales did after the won referring to heading inside for a drink/arvo tea? i hope i havent given too much away!

as for the job at wynd, is he up to it? and is lawford staying thats the other rumour we've heard.....

rohan;343935 said:

So what went on after Rohan?
I do think you guys missed a trick this year.Considering you beat all the top teams you would have fancied your chances come finals.Are all your guys staying together?If so i still think you need at least a good quick bowler to open the bowling(as do most teams) to put you right in the mix.

rohan;343935 said:

So what went on after Rohan?
I do think you guys missed a trick this year.Considering you beat all the top teams you would have fancied your chances come finals.Are all your guys staying together?If so i still think you need at least a good quick bowler to open the bowling(as do most teams) to put you right in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back