Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

West Riff Raff;331035 said:
You should thank West as well for beating Imps

i did thank west mate, i thanked you on the phone when you rang me on saturday arvo. can someone help futurecompchamp,seems his computer has a virus.easy to talk it up all year,and now hiding like braveheart plummer.lion hearted 4 over spells or 3 if the goings really tough.

Willi Comp;331118 said:
Yeah agree with all that!!

Few curlies still to come.. Alot of rain predicted this weekend.. and it is due! there hasnt been rain interupted finals for 7 years!

Thats cos we use covers now....:eek:.......Dont go relying on rain to get you thru champ!!!!!!!!:eek:

Willi Comp;331084 said:
good effort 39 wickets.. did he win the Bowling Av in comp?

unusual to see a top 4 side lose outright at all, let alone last game before finals! imps are way to reilant on Robson and Hinton to get runs!

Well done to west newp though, if they keep the list togther they should have a good season next year!

Heard Mr Robson is sporting a broken right hand and Hinton nursing a leg injury also, out off their massive loss on saturday. Why else would Robbo bat at 11???
Anyone from Imps care to confirm/deny.

West Riff Raff;331049 said:
This week you are very lucky as we have softened Imps up for you and they have lost a bit of confidence with there batting which is supposed to be their strength but don't W'Vale have a reputation of choaking in the big games?

I wouldn't have thought there would be any survivors of these choaking incidents?

Or should that be choking?:rolleyes:

Willi Comp;331118 said:
Yeah agree with all that!!

Few curlies still to come.. Alot of rain predicted this weekend.. and it is due! there hasnt been rain interupted finals for 7 years!

Thats cos we use covers now....:eek:.......Dont go relying on rain to get you thru champ!!!!!!!!:eek:

hussler;331473 said:

wasnt implying it would get anyone through hussler! it just makes it interesting if more than 30 minutes gets lost during a finals game!!

West Riff Raff;331049 said:
This week you are very lucky as we have softened Imps up for you and they have lost a bit of confidence with there batting which is supposed to be their strength but don't W'Vale have a reputation of choaking in the big games?

I wouldn't have thought there would be any survivors of these choaking incidents?

big game performer;331224 said:
i did thank west mate, i thanked you on the phone when you rang me on saturday arvo. can someone help futurecompchamp,seems his computer has a virus.easy to talk it up all year,and now hiding like braveheart plummer.lion hearted 4 over spells or 3 if the goings really tough.[/QUO

I didn't realise you were Big Game Performer.

hussler;331473 said:

wasnt implying it would get anyone through hussler! it just makes it interesting if more than 30 minutes gets lost during a finals game!!

DIG IN;331379 said:
Heard Mr Robson is sporting a broken right hand and Hinton nursing a leg injury also, out off their massive loss on saturday. Why else would Robbo bat at 11???

Robbo hurt his hand atempting a slips catch and his hand was very swollen.

i did thank west mate, i thanked you on the phone when you rang me on saturday arvo. can someone help futurecompchamp,seems his computer has a virus.easy to talk it up all year,and now hiding like braveheart plummer.lion hearted 4 over spells or 3 if the goings really tough.[/QUO

I didn't realise you were Big Game Performer.

my tips for finals newport digman in a close one, willy imps batting to strong for wynd even on that deck.

DIG IN;331379 said:

Robbo hurt his hand atempting a slips catch and his hand was very swollen.

bandit;331541 said:

Maybe it is like the Colliwobbles where it is irrelevant of who the playing personal are it affect the club like a disease.

my tips for finals newport digman in a close one, willy imps batting to strong for wynd even on that deck.

barryhall;331673 said:

Imps batting would have to improve out of sight from last week and if Newport bats first they need to make a min of 330 to have a chance. Don't forget the semi's are 90 overs per day.

bandit;331541 said:

Maybe it is like the Colliwobbles where it is irrelevant of who the playing personal are it affect the club like a disease.

West Riff Raff;331675 said:
Imps batting would have to improve out of sight from last week and if Newport bats first they need to make a min of 330 to have a chance. Don't forget the semi's are 90 overs per day.

Digman can make big scores and at a good rate but they have to get over the mental hurdle of playing GU.
Welshy will need to ton up along with Kane, Charlie, Hynes and Nagi need to get a big score to help Welsh.
I would even throw L. Collins up the order, he is batting to low and if he gets going he can score quickly which can hurt sides.
For me GU will be too strong and just too experienced this time of year.

Imps will have to improve there batting and again will be mentally damaged after their performance last week.
If Robbo has hurt his Right hand then will that affect his bowling?
Will he be able to grip the ball properly?:confused:
Not that he is a great turner of the ball anyway, this week maybe a big test for him as batsmen might get on top of him and hit him out of the attck early?

For me it doesn't matter who wins this game, they will be playing for 2nd anyway. :cool:

barryhall;331673 said:

need to make 330 , gu havnt made 300 this year biggest total 254 and some very low totals.

Digman can make big scores and at a good rate but they have to get over the mental hurdle of playing GU.
Welshy will need to ton up along with Kane, Charlie, Hynes and Nagi need to get a big score to help Welsh.
I would even throw L. Collins up the order, he is batting to low and if he gets going he can score quickly which can hurt sides.
For me GU will be too strong and just too experienced this time of year.

Imps will have to improve there batting and again will be mentally damaged after their performance last week.
If Robbo has hurt his Right hand then will that affect his bowling?
Will he be able to grip the ball properly?:confused:
Not that he is a great turner of the ball anyway, this week maybe a big test for him as batsmen might get on top of him and hit him out of the attck early?

For me it doesn't matter who wins this game, they will be playing for 2nd anyway. :cool:

i did thank west mate, i thanked you on the phone when you rang me on saturday arvo. can someone help futurecompchamp,seems his computer has a virus.easy to talk it up all year,and now hiding like braveheart plummer.lion hearted 4 over spells or 3 if the goings really tough.

I think Futurecompchamp is following the old adage my grandmother used "Little boys should be seen but not heard"

need to make 330 , gu havnt made 300 this year biggest total 254 and some very low totals.

barryhall;331697 said:

Finals are a different story and GU wrote the book!!!!;)

I think Futurecompchamp is following the old adage my grandmother used "Little boys should be seen but not heard"

barryhall;331697 said:

I think you will find they chased down 291 against us a couple of games ago at GU where the wicket is a road. If you think you can defend 254 with your bowling attack you are kidding yourself. GU have a better batting line up than Laverton which got the 260 you set them last week.

barryhall;331697 said:

Finals are a different story and GU wrote the book!!!!;)

West Riff Raff;331708 said:
I think you will find they chased down 291 against us a couple of games ago at GU where the wicket is a road. If you think you can defend 254 with your bowling attack you are kidding yourself. GU have a better batting line up than Laverton which got the 260 you set them last week.

Spot on! :cool:

barryhall;331697 said:

we will all have to wait and see

Spot on! :cool:

barryhall;331713 said:

True and hope it doesn't rain too much as you threw away a top 2 finish last week!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Boofa & Salty keep their spots in the ones????????

barryhall;331713 said:

Mate, I hope you do beat them, it will be a breath of fresh air if you do BUT you will have to be at your 100% best to beat them.

barryhall;331713 said:

True and hope it doesn't rain too much as you threw away a top 2 finish last week!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Boofa & Salty keep their spots in the ones????????

West Riff Raff;331716 said:

Will Boofa & Salty keep their spots in the ones????????[/QUOTE]

NO.:confused:

barryhall;331713 said:

Mate, I hope you do beat them, it will be a breath of fresh air if you do BUT you will have to be at your 100% best to beat them.

West Riff Raff;331716 said:

Will Boofa & Salty keep their spots in the ones????????[/QUOTE]

NO.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back