Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

weapons05/06;339680 said:
so the wicket doesnt get touched throughout the week...........?
cmon man get serious it will be watered rolled and it should be nearly the same as day 1.........

anyway 140 odd in front is a good possie to be in but i would expect a g/u comeback at some stage..........

my thoughts
Can't see GU's bowling do much bouncing back. Maybe with the bat second time around but will have too many to chase down against best bowling attack in the league.

weapons05/06;339680 said:
so the wicket doesnt get touched throughout the week...........?
cmon man get serious it will be watered rolled and it should be nearly the same as day 1.........

anyway 140 odd in front is a good possie to be in but i would expect a g/u comeback at some stage..........

my thoughts
Can't see GU's bowling do much bouncing back. Maybe with the bat second time around but will have too many to chase down against best bowling attack in the league.

lucky;339411 said:
how the hell did DOLZ get a game... did he get dragged out of the KFC drive thru or something... must be a couple short for the GF down at the wombats..

Wyndhamvale have no hope of beating G.U... jury will make 100 and strangy is my tip to hit the runs that will pass the wombats score!

Clayton was unavailable? (maybe the missus put the foot down or something?????)

Wynd in a good position now with a 140 odd lead and 8 wickets in hand (7 if you dont wont to count Dolz contribution :)).

Will need to make another 120 odd to be comfortable tho.

Cant right GU off, as they have batted once on the wicket and will learn alot from that and there is still 180 overs to go, and GU WILL be batting next saturday with less than 270 to chase and 100 + overs at there disposal.

Looks like its Wynd's game to lose from here.

lucky;339411 said:
how the hell did DOLZ get a game... did he get dragged out of the KFC drive thru or something... must be a couple short for the GF down at the wombats..

Wyndhamvale have no hope of beating G.U... jury will make 100 and strangy is my tip to hit the runs that will pass the wombats score!

Wynd in a good position now with a 140 odd lead and 8 wickets in hand (7 if you dont wont to count Dolz contribution :)).

Will need to make another 120 odd to be comfortable tho.

Cant right GU off, as they have batted once on the wicket and will learn alot from that and there is still 180 overs to go, and GU WILL be batting next saturday with less than 270 to chase and 100 + overs at there disposal.

Looks like its Wynd's game to lose from here.

weapons05/06;338885 said:
dont lie........the club knows i have alot to offer hence the approach.......

hahaha.........even you dont know what your club is doing....i still have the pm's stored in my bigcricket account....likewise i made the right decision........every 1's a winner.........

and you's didnt want to go ahead because i said no you knucklehead.......

Dream on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weapons05/06;338885 said:
dont lie........the club knows i have alot to offer hence the approach.......

hahaha.........even you dont know what your club is doing....i still have the pm's stored in my bigcricket account....likewise i made the right decision........every 1's a winner.........

and you's didnt want to go ahead because i said no you knucklehead.......

Catches win matches, drop catches lose Grand Finals..................
Gu will bounce back, and look to chase 220-250...........
But......................Gonna be very hard!

Catches win matches, drop catches lose Grand Finals..................
Gu will bounce back, and look to chase 220-250...........
But......................Gonna be very hard!

lucky;339411 said:

I have worked out Dolz's problem! Batting with a vest on when it is 33 degrees can't help. What is he hiding under that vest?

lucky;339411 said:

I have worked out Dolz's problem! Batting with a vest on when it is 33 degrees can't help. What is he hiding under that vest?

So Grand United look to be in a bit of trouble.

I think everyone would agree. Dont be so quick to write GU off.

The critics can say what they wish, Too old, No bowlers, Cocky, rely on same old blokes year after year.

Thats fair enough, you dont expect personell to change to much when you have won 7 flags in a row. Therefore, yes same old blokes still getting the job done.

If GU do turn things around, which i believe they can, it will be there weakest side they have ever gone into a finals series with in the WDCA. That doesnt say much for 9 other clubs who like to criticise GU!

is it the end of an era?? who knows, be assured that the side they have been playing against certainly arent beginning a new one.
Although, it is good to see a young up and coming side challenge the yard stick for the last decade.

All the very best for this weekend to both clubs.

The critics can say what they wish, Too old, No bowlers, Cocky, rely on same old blokes year after year.

Thats fair enough, you dont expect personell to change to much when you have won 7 flags in a row. Therefore, yes same old blokes still getting the job done.

If GU do turn things around, which i believe they can, it will be there weakest side they have ever gone into a finals series with in the WDCA. That doesnt say much for 9 other clubs who like to criticise GU!

is it the end of an era?? who knows, be assured that the side they have been playing against certainly arent beginning a new one.
Although, it is good to see a young up and coming side challenge the yard stick for the last decade.

Harry142;339635 said:
Might have to have a re-think Lucky. 144 ahead, 8 wickets in hand and rain forecast for next weekend. End of an era methinks.

mate it won't rain... it's melbourne mate i know it rained 2 weeks ago but it only rains a couple days a month

End of an era.. your dreaming... G.U will be batting at 4.30 saturday afternoon or is DOLZ going to come out and make some runs.. i dont think so... the only hope you got of batting all day saturday is if snitzel makes runs

Harry142;339635 said:
Might have to have a re-think Lucky. 144 ahead, 8 wickets in hand and rain forecast for next weekend. End of an era methinks.

mate it won't rain... it's melbourne mate i know it rained 2 weeks ago but it only rains a couple days a month

End of an era.. your dreaming... G.U will be batting at 4.30 saturday afternoon or is DOLZ going to come out and make some runs.. i dont think so... the only hope you got of batting all day saturday is if snitzel makes runs

West Riff Raff;339756 said:

hahahaha first time ever you didnt bother to bag me....(riff raff)...maybe cause its the truth.......whats going on getting soft in your old age........or no 1 wants to play for you guys.......:rolleyes:

anyway chin up;)

West Riff Raff;339756 said:

hahahaha first time ever you didnt bother to bag me....(riff raff)...maybe cause its the truth.......whats going on getting soft in your old age........or no 1 wants to play for you guys.......:rolleyes:

anyway chin up;)

Seven Gorillas;339909 said:

very good post........dont think any1 is doubting the gorilla's im certianaly not

very good post........dont think any1 is doubting the gorilla's im certianaly not

DIG IN;339718 said:

He was on a flight to Europe today, might have made a mistake with the flights.

DIG IN;339718 said:

He was on a flight to Europe today, might have made a mistake with the flights.

weapons05/06;339943 said:

Hopefully seven gorillas fires up and makes it eight gorillas!
One bowler wasnt used on saturday, Xynas, left arm swing, a little cloud cover and he'll have the GU boys batting by 5

weapons05/06;339943 said:

One bowler wasnt used on saturday, Xynas, left arm swing, a little cloud cover and he'll have the GU boys batting by 5

he was used on sunday though to try and exploit a crack in the wicket for the left hander. but seemed to bowl too short and got pulled for 2 boundaries in consecutive balls.

Be an interesting 2 days. It basically comes down to a 2 day game now, and I don't think anybody is doubting GU's ability to win

he was used on sunday though to try and exploit a crack in the wicket for the left hander. but seemed to bowl too short and got pulled for 2 boundaries in consecutive balls.

Be an interesting 2 days. It basically comes down to a 2 day game now, and I don't think anybody is doubting GU's ability to win

dolz;340379 said:

talkin about ability... any chance you could get some dolz?

dolz;340379 said:

talkin about ability... any chance you could get some dolz?

well mate, as form would have it, no. But it's not like i've deliberately gone out to not make runs this season. I'm sure everybody has had a season where not everything goes to plan
There's been issues in my life that may have affected my outlook on cricket this season which i dont really want to go into, but there's no excuses for my poor form with the bat this year

But, we all know theres exceptions to the rule, and i'll have one more crack with the bat this season and can hopefully get some on the board

well mate, as form would have it, no. But it's not like i've deliberately gone out to not make runs this season. I'm sure everybody has had a season where not everything goes to plan
There's been issues in my life that may have affected my outlook on cricket this season which i dont really want to go into, but there's no excuses for my poor form with the bat this year

But, we all know theres exceptions to the rule, and i'll have one more crack with the bat this season and can hopefully get some on the board

Gday boys,had a bit of a break while computer was on the blink......maybe I'll buy a new one if my accountant can do his job this year......:eek::eek:

I agree and disagree there 7gorillas,I agree your side is at its weakest since youve been in this comp BUT the personel has changed a bit over the years(squizz made a ton nearly every year in granny,chuggywithout him wouldv'e have won 3 or 4 flags tops,crea+johns were both handy).........I still think you can win it satdy if the chase is less than 275......as you would know its always harder to bat on the sundy!!!!!!!!!!

Gday boys,had a bit of a break while computer was on the blink......maybe I'll buy a new one if my accountant can do his job this year......:eek::eek:

I agree and disagree there 7gorillas,I agree your side is at its weakest since youve been in this comp BUT the personel has changed a bit over the years(squizz made a ton nearly every year in granny,chuggywithout him wouldv'e have won 3 or 4 flags tops,crea+johns were both handy).........I still think you can win it satdy if the chase is less than 275......as you would know its always harder to bat on the sundy!!!!!!!!!!

thegeneral1965;340320 said:

please dont bowl dimi:rolleyes:

thegeneral1965;340320 said:

please dont bowl dimi:rolleyes:

dolz;340494 said:

simple mate watch the ****ing thing........;)

dolz;340494 said:

simple mate watch the ****ing thing........;)

hussler;340514 said:

with out charli you might have won 1 or 2..........:cool:

hussler;340514 said:

with out charli you might have won 1 or 2..........:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back