Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA)

Ifya Adballs;341492 said:
Get your hand off it mate !!
Have a look on My Cricket
2004/05 played 11 games in North Altona's 1's for 31 wickets - a fair effort
2005/06 played 12 games in North Altona's 2nds for 23 wickets - pea heart
2006/07 chased coin and went to lowest VTCA division at Flemington and took 36 wickets.
The guy is 35 years old - if he's one of the best going around, doesn't say much for the quality in the Comp.

Hard to believe people played cricket before 2004/05 eh? :confused:

Ifya Adballs;341492 said:
Get your hand off it mate !!
Have a look on My Cricket
2004/05 played 11 games in North Altona's 1's for 31 wickets - a fair effort
2005/06 played 12 games in North Altona's 2nds for 23 wickets - pea heart
2006/07 chased coin and went to lowest VTCA division at Flemington and took 36 wickets.
The guy is 35 years old - if he's one of the best going around, doesn't say much for the quality in the Comp.

tcnthat;341970 said:

The post was in response to some rubbish that Charlie had taken 60 wickets in a Season at North Altona.
My other point was that at 35, if he's one of the best the Comps got, then the standard isn't great.

tcnthat;341970 said:

The post was in response to some rubbish that Charlie had taken 60 wickets in a Season at North Altona.
My other point was that at 35, if he's one of the best the Comps got, then the standard isn't great.

7 Flags in a row, missed 8 by 35 runs, what an effort, at the xmas break sitting in 7th....... and this year not 1 player asked for a $$ thats what a real club is about.....Congrats to the vales, a lucky toss to win........

BEWARE THE BEATEN GORILLA IN 2009-2010

7 Flags in a row, missed 8 by 35 runs, what an effort, at the xmas break sitting in 7th....... and this year not 1 player asked for a $$ thats what a real club is about.....Congrats to the vales, a lucky toss to win........

Ifya Adballs;342029 said:

Fair enough - although you will find that Charlie DID in fact take 60 wickets in a season at Altona North AND bowled 12 blokes off a no-ball in the same season. It was in the late 90s.

Will leave questions regarding the standard of A-turf to others. But I dont imagine it is that great.

Ifya Adballs;342029 said:

Fair enough - although you will find that Charlie DID in fact take 60 wickets in a season at Altona North AND bowled 12 blokes off a no-ball in the same season. It was in the late 90s.

Will leave questions regarding the standard of A-turf to others. But I dont imagine it is that great.

thegeneral1965;342066 said:

Congratulations to Wyndhamvale, needed some excellent catches to be held yesterday to get accross the line in an exciting finish. Deserved Premiers...well done.
To GU, an amazing streak and the way they handled themselves in defeat yesterday is a credit to their club.

Question is...how many of that ageing and now beaten side will be taking up the real challenge of reclaiming their crown...listening to rumour yesterday there will be a few players pulling the pin and hanging them up....

thegeneral1965;342066 said:

Congratulations to Wyndhamvale, needed some excellent catches to be held yesterday to get accross the line in an exciting finish. Deserved Premiers...well done.
To GU, an amazing streak and the way they handled themselves in defeat yesterday is a credit to their club.

Question is...how many of that ageing and now beaten side will be taking up the real challenge of reclaiming their crown...listening to rumour yesterday there will be a few players pulling the pin and hanging them up....

Not Just Empty Words;342082 said:

And the much maligned Dolz took one of those great catches and made a very valuable 30 odd on Saturday. Well done Dolz, well done WV.

Not Just Empty Words;342082 said:

And the much maligned Dolz took one of those great catches and made a very valuable 30 odd on Saturday. Well done Dolz, well done WV.

good work Vales..No body rated us all season but it makes the victory even sweeter......GU played a hard but fair game..good contest..safe off season to all

good work Vales..No body rated us all season but it makes the victory even sweeter......GU played a hard but fair game..good contest..safe off season to all

wyndhamvale titan;342306 said:

Good work by G.U employing a security guard to look after the pitch on Saturday night i see it worked ..

wyndhamvale titan;342306 said:

Good work by G.U employing a security guard to look after the pitch on Saturday night i see it worked ..

Right Arm Speed;342437 said:

No one dug the pitch up,so I suppose it did work!!!!!!

Right Arm Speed;342437 said:

No one dug the pitch up,so I suppose it did work!!!!!!

but why would someone want to dig the wicket up? We were as confident as they were that we'd win

but why would someone want to dig the wicket up? We were as confident as they were that we'd win

dolz;342495 said:

Congrats on the win Dolz .Well deserved throughout the whole season and you managed to prove a point to all of us on big cricket.
How long did the partying go on for?

dolz;342495 said:

Congrats on the win Dolz .Well deserved throughout the whole season and you managed to prove a point to all of us on big cricket.

After a 75 year association with the Churches competition the Altona Roosters, formerly Yarraville Baptists have been forced to make the tough decision to leave the churches comp in the turf grades for obvious reasons as you may well be aware.

I would formally like to invite any parties interested in joining us on our quest to greener pastures.

The Altona Roosters are also looking for an experienced person/persons to help take us to the next level…

Remuneration will be considered based on Communication skills, experience, ability and Knowledge.

Rest assured you will be supported by a club that has Stability, unity, vision and a committed administration.

We hope to inject some youth and experience to our list moving forward.

We have 4 senior teams and 3 junior teams 11’s, 13’s, and as of next year 15’s.

Ninety percent of our current first X1 are in their early twenties and we believe we show a lot of promise moving forward.

If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding challenge this is it!

We can be contacted on Western Suburban Churches Cricket Association blog - send Big Coq, Tram or Roosters Hack a private message.

After a 75 year association with the Churches competition the Altona Roosters, formerly Yarraville Baptists have been forced to make the tough decision to leave the churches comp in the turf grades for obvious reasons as you may well be aware.

I would formally like to invite any parties interested in joining us on our quest to greener pastures.

The Altona Roosters are also looking for an experienced person/persons to help take us to the next level…

Remuneration will be considered based on Communication skills, experience, ability and Knowledge.

Rest assured you will be supported by a club that has Stability, unity, vision and a committed administration.

We hope to inject some youth and experience to our list moving forward.

We have 4 senior teams and 3 junior teams 11’s, 13’s, and as of next year 15’s.

Ninety percent of our current first X1 are in their early twenties and we believe we show a lot of promise moving forward.

If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding challenge this is it!

We can be contacted on Western Suburban Churches Cricket Association blog - send Big Coq, Tram or Roosters Hack a private message.

Boofa;342548 said:
thanks mate, appreciated. It was a good tough win by the boys. one bad day of cricket and we very nearly got beat by a very good side. To their credit they stuck at it and were very gracious in defeat on sunday afternoon
Now that the season is over, just want to wish people a safe off season :)

As for the partying, it went through to last night for most of us. Work today was a killer haha

Boofa;342548 said:
thanks mate, appreciated. It was a good tough win by the boys. one bad day of cricket and we very nearly got beat by a very good side. To their credit they stuck at it and were very gracious in defeat on sunday afternoon
Now that the season is over, just want to wish people a safe off season :)

As for the partying, it went through to last night for most of us. Work today was a killer haha

Congratulations to Wyndhamvale

A sensational Grand Final, which Wyndhamvale deservedly won. Top work GU for the fight back, but the best team over the 4 days won in the end.

All the best for next season :D

Congratulations to Wyndhamvale

A sensational Grand Final, which Wyndhamvale deservedly won. Top work GU for the fight back, but the best team over the 4 days won in the end.

All the best for next season :D

Here is my end of season report for each club.

Wyndhamvale- A good chance to go back to back, need to keep same side and recruit a few new bats and improve the wicket(stating the obvious)

GU- Need fresh blood or get Chuggy back.But always strong at the business end of season.

Digman-Another team who need some new players to freshen things up.Probably only need another 2 players and perhaps a change in leadership?Imagine will be spending big $$$$ in off season

Gimps-Poor finish to promising season.Probably 2 bowlers short of a premiership side.Will be interesting to see if Hinton stays($$$$$$$)

Laverton-The biggest losers. Had the side but started poorly and if had made finals would probably be celebrating a premiership.Need 1 more bowler i believe.

W Newport-Have one of the best bowling attacks in comp but need at least 4 new bats to make finals

Willy Colts- Strange club/strange team .Need new captain/coach .

Gelibrand- Competitive but need a couple of bats and at least 1 bowler.

Hoppers club- Need at least 6 players to just be competitive

ANA- Need 6 new bats ,4 bowlers and a wicket keeper.

No offence meant to any clubs and probably just stating the obvious with most clubs but would be interested to hear other views.

Wyndhamvale- A good chance to go back to back, need to keep same side and recruit a few new bats and improve the wicket(stating the obvious)

GU- Need fresh blood or get Chuggy back.But always strong at the business end of season.

Digman-Another team who need some new players to freshen things up.Probably only need another 2 players and perhaps a change in leadership?Imagine will be spending big $$$$ in off season

Gimps-Poor finish to promising season.Probably 2 bowlers short of a premiership side.Will be interesting to see if Hinton stays($$$$$$$)

Laverton-The biggest losers. Had the side but started poorly and if had made finals would probably be celebrating a premiership.Need 1 more bowler i believe.

W Newport-Have one of the best bowling attacks in comp but need at least 4 new bats to make finals

No offence meant to any clubs and probably just stating the obvious with most clubs but would be interested to hear other views.

Boofa;342986 said:

agree with most of your comments.

Regarding wyndhamvale only lost Plummer so should be near the top again.Our wicket is now in control of the club not the council so expect a marked improvement on it.

Disagree with your call on Laverton though. Wouldn't have been celebrating if they made the finals. Need to get there before you can make a call on that.

Newport, whilst having a reasonable bowling attack seem to have more fight after they have lost the game. For them to go any further a new captain is a must.

These are my personal opinions only

Boofa;342986 said:

Regarding wyndhamvale only lost Plummer so should be near the top again.Our wicket is now in control of the club not the council so expect a marked improvement on it.

Disagree with your call on Laverton though. Wouldn't have been celebrating if they made the finals. Need to get there before you can make a call on that.

Newport, whilst having a reasonable bowling attack seem to have more fight after they have lost the game. For them to go any further a new captain is a must.

wyndhamvale titan;343348 said:

Maybe some of these sides are stagnant and need a fresh challenge.

Take Newport Digman for example. Given the ground, facilities, investment in players and quality cricketers/people that they have down there, they really should be better.
Some may argue that they have made the GF last year and Semi this year, but they just give the impression of a club struggling to make any sort of impact in the WDCA and need a fresh challenge.

wyndhamvale titan;343348 said:

Maybe some of these sides are stagnant and need a fresh challenge.

Take Newport Digman for example. Given the ground, facilities, investment in players and quality cricketers/people that they have down there, they really should be better.
Some may argue that they have made the GF last year and Semi this year, but they just give the impression of a club struggling to make any sort of impact in the WDCA and need a fresh challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back