World's Fastest Bowler ?

roxy09

World's Fastest Bowler ?

Who is the current fastest bowler in the world ? :confused:
It would have to be Shoaib Akhter from Pakistan ?

Re: World's Fastest Bowler ?

Yes, probably Tait. Nobody in the current crop get's it consistently 150kph+ like Ahktar, Lee, Donald etc did in their prime.

No-one is really consistenly quick at the moment. A few bowlers can break the 90mph mark but no-one can keep it up there for any length of time.

Tait is probably the nearest, with prehaps Steyn or one of the West Indian bowlers just after.

mas cambios;314147 said:
No-one is really consistenly quick at the moment. A few bowlers can break the 90mph mark but no-one can keep it up there for any length of time.

Tait is probably the nearest, with prehaps Steyn or one of the West Indian bowlers just after.
i don't think steyn is even close to tait
tait is probably the fastest while he's fresh

siddle2franklin;314720 said:
i don't think steyn is even close to tait
tait is probably the fastest while he's fresh

Funny you say that. I went to the t 20 at the Gabba and Tait looked farely slow through the air it was just his bounce that rushed the batsman. Where as guys like Wayne Parnell and Dale Steyn were very quick through the air but slow off the bounce.

But Morne Morkel is faster than Steyn. (radar wise)

Mitchy J is the quickest bowler in the world over a long spell comfortably. Steyn is a probably a good four or five back in terms of pace - but is the only one that can hit 90+mph and swing the ball. Tait has the potential to bowl the quickest delivery.

MV!;315001 said:
Mitchy J is the quickest bowler in the world over a long spell comfortably. Steyn is a probably a good four or five back in terms of pace - but is the only one that can hit 90+mph and swing the ball. Tait has the potential to bowl the quickest delivery.

Totally agree.

Tait is the quickest but there are guys like Johnson, Steyn, Morkel and Sharma who can bowl some very quick 150 km/h spells.

grapedo;315403 said:
Tait is the quickest but there are guys like Johnson, Steyn, Morkel and Sharma who can bowl some very quick 150 km/h spells.
In my opinion Tait is the fastest as of now, followed by Steyn. But today pace is not everything. We have seen batsmen like Uthappa, Gambhir walking down the track without any fear of pace. So it is the consistency that really matters. And in those rankings, Steyn and Sharma are on top.

these days, every second bloke that strolls to the crease throws them down at 140 - 145. 10 years ago, if you cracked 140 you were quick. but every team now-a-days has 2 or 3 blokes that bowl mid to high 140's.
but for sheer pace, shaun tait would have to be the fastest bowler in the world. but i'd lean towards probably steyn or mitchel johnson for the quickest. they can do it for long spells, tait loses about 10 kmp/h after 3 overs.

Back