Your best knock/spell!

Simbazz

Your best knock/spell!

So come on, i love reading these as if they're truthful it shows that you really love cricket :p

So come on, what was your best knock? Doesnt have to be your highests score either,

Or are you horrid with the bat but came on for a spell and knocked out middle, off and leg in one ball?

Lets have a chat :D

Re: Your best knock/spell!

I got 4 wickets in an 2 over earlier this season, the game was getting away from us with the other team getting on top of us with them needing 16 to win. I came out ripped through them and we ended up bowling them out with them needing 8.

Cricket is very new to me, but has fast become a recognized sport for where I live. As I see more and more people starting to play it excites me because it will give us the chance to learn a sport that is not traditional and is a lot of fun.

I guess my best bowling is something like 6 for 20 odd although I have had the figures of 5 for 2 back in school.

My best knock for school was against our local rivals who are just down the road.

Friendly it was meant to be, far from it, the verbals when i was batting, was outragiously funny, they aren't the brightest bunch and got themselves confused when muttering rather than me.

Anyways, needless to say i thrive on that kind of aggressive attitude, and smacked 3 6's in an over off the slowest quick ive ever seen!

I went pritty cheaply in the end with 55 (34) but it was an extremely fun 34 balls, each one had entertainment value, we went onto win with me taking one wicket, the last one, of a tail ender who'd taken my wicket, i did a little dance to finish ;)

:mad: I used to be heavy, yes and i wasnt much of a runner :cry

No im a very reasonable 16 stone, and im 6"2 so it evens up :laugh:

But yeah, im not a player like Paul Collingwood who'll run 100 runs, im the kinda guy who'd have 1 quick single an innings, the rest being comfortable 1's and boundries :p

On average i reckon in a knock, ill run like 10 runs, the rest are boundries :p

My best spell is probably the 4/14 from 8 overs I took against a club acouple of seasons ago. I was on fire. Ripping them perfectly, and I took the wickets in the first 5 overs.

Also, my 3/5 I took from 7 overs which included a hattrick was good. :)

It wasn't my highest score but one of my favourite innings was getting 20 odd last season. We were trying to stop the outright victory and I lost my opening partner cheaply but then me and the number held on to stop the outright victory which was very pleasing because in that game I didn't get out in two innings. I did it because in the first innnings I was batting and one of my pimples busted :)p) so I thought it would be a good idea to retire so when I come back in at the end of the innings there would be lots of runs on the board and the bowlers would ease up. Well I was quite wrong, we had a collapse, then I came in again faced the last ball of the over which I hit for four and then our number 11 got out.

Another one of my favourite's is me getting 10 runs. It was in the 05-06 season and I guess it proved to me that I could actually bat and I might be pretty usefull with the willow in hand.

Got a high score of 67 in a semi final to help us into the final.I get lots of twenties and thirties but rarely convert them!

Dikon welcome to the forums :D

I find that its more rewarding to hit the runs to take the team into the final, than during the final, i mean, its more rewarding because without you, you wouldnt be there :D

My favorite Bowling spell...would have to be in my 2nd ever game of cricket.
my coach put me into open the bowling. and after my 1st 5 overs i had 4/3.
3 out bowled. 1 C&B.
later on in the year versed that team again in the semi final, took another 4 fa.

When I move I will play more cricket but at the moment I have only ever bowled once which was for school and never needed to bat.

I did get 1-7 off 3 overs in the match which was a 14 over match and so I was dead chuffed. :p

I have to say that my best spell of bowling was 5-22 from 5 overs for my local club however, my mate from school took 5-0 in 4 overs for school. The only reason that he didn't bowl a 5th over was because i took the 10th wicket with my only ball for school to date.
Masterclass ::)

This season i have batted really poor with 6 ducks :cry, 0*, 4, 10, 16 and a 19. my best being the 19 because thats when i started 2 hit runs, it just so happened to be that the next week i hit 10. then ended the season. just hope i can start next season where i finished or maybe play indoor to keep me playing.
My best bowling is 3-20 off 6 overs last season. until second half of this season every wicket i had taken was infact bowled but now 3 wickets have been caught. :laugh:

This year to be honest has been a poor one, pitches wet, green and horrid, unless your a Left Arm Fast ;) So im guessing you'd be feeling like Glenn Mcgrath with that seaming and swinging :p

Im a spinner so its been a torrid season, and my weakness is swing, so yeah :p I've not hit the runs, but hopefully you can carry yours into next season.

Playing indoor will be good for you, it'll give you more confidence in chancing things and just going for it.
Welcome to the forums :D

my best knock was 43 - ran myself out :cursing: wanted to get my 50 so i was at the non strikers end and just wanted to get up to the facing end then got stranded in the middle of the pitch

best bowling - 4overs 2 maidens 8 runs 3 wickets - got one bloke out for 99 on my 2nd ball :D, then 2 tail enders

Back