Your Favourite Commentator And Umpire

your favourite commentator

• Total voters
Why are they all Indian options? haha.

Mine would be Mark Nicholas.

Edit: Favourite umpire: Billy Bowden and Best umpire: Simon Taufel was incredible.

Commentator: Tony Cozier.
Umpire: Ian Gould*

* I haven't been able to watch a lot of international cricket in recent months, and that hinders one's ability to judge umpires. I did see the India-Pakistan game the other day, though, and I was reminded that Gould is a bowlers' umpire (not biased, but sympathetic), and I like that. Props to Asad Rauf and Aleem Dar, too.

Favourie ever umpire for me is Simon Taufel, very balanced with his handling of games, decisions were usually bang on and although he retired for family reasons it should be noted that he also retired as his decision making success rate was declining (something other umpires should take note of). Favourite umpire right now is Aleem Dar (gives LBWs for spinners, how can you not like that?)

Favourite commentator is Tony Cozier, manages to add his views and love of the game in an enjoyable, informative and uncompromised way. Favourite commentator that seems to be everywhere is Michael Holding, speaks his mind and puts things into perspective.

Commentary in Australia FoxSports excellent, channel 9 abysmal. Simon Doull is pretty good over in NZ.

Umpires - best Taufel, worst Billy 'hey look at me' Bowden

Commentary in Australia FoxSports excellent, channel 9 abysmal. Simon Doull is pretty good over in NZ.

Billy was a character and a gentlemen but you got your wish...he's been kicked off the elite panel along with Asad Rauf.

If I was going to kick anyone off the panel it'd be Steve Davis, geez he's made some shockers in his time.

Simon Doull? Aka 'Captain Obvious'. Excluding Danny Morrison, who has obviously gone insane, by and large Doull is regarded as the worst NZ commentator by NZers. Doull can't read a game or add any form of insight, the best he can do is tell you what's just happened...and only the simple stuff at that.

Favorite is one's choice. But,recently bad news that, Umpires are got involved in the cricket corruption such like as Spot Fixing.However, We are the cricket fan and claiming that to ICC Authority to take a such an action and implementable of legislative law to prevent this corruption.

How can you not love Kerry O'Keefe, well certainly Toni Cozier is fantastic. As for ump's always loved Dicky Bird but these days Aleem Dar is on the money.

Harsha does a good job as commentator but I just loved Tony Greig, listening to him was just like watching the game itself

Umpire- Billy is definetly fascinating to watch with his funny moves... David Shepherd is my all time favorite... Simon Taufel is another

Last edited:
Generally speaking, South African commentators are my favourite. It's because they talk a lot less **** than others, though I don't have a specific favourite. I'm not sure how you'll have a favourite umpire, I just have ones I dislike.

Back