Zimbabwe in West Indies

mas cambios

Zimbabwe in West Indies

I can't imagine this one will get a lot of replies but you never know.

Anyway, Zimbabwe visit the Windies for a ODI series and solitary twenty20. The main point of their visit will be to show that they are on the road to recovery after a rocky few years. Rejoining the test roster is their ultimate goal so a good performance here will help to add weight to their cause.

Windies will be looking to regroup after a disappointing tour of Australia. They may see this as an opportunity to bed new players. However, the main focus will be on Gibson and how he gets the team performing. Obviously, far to early to make any judgement on his tenure but people will be looking out for signs of promise.

Fixtures

Fri Feb 26
UWI Vice Chancellor's XI v Zimbabweans
Zimbabwe won by 5 runs
Report / Scorecard

Sun Feb 28
Only T20I - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe won by 26 runs
Report / Scorecard

Thu Mar 4
1st ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe won by 2 runs
Report / Scorecard

Sat Mar 6
2nd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe
West Indies beat Zimbabwe by 4 wickets
Report / Scorecard

Wed Mar 10
3rd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Fri Mar 12
4th ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Sun Mar 14
5th ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Squads

Zimbabwe

Prosper Utseya (c)
Hamilton Masakadza (vc)
Elton Chigumbura
Charles Coventry
Graeme Cremer
Kyle Jarvis
Greg Lamb
Timycen Maruma
Shingirai Masakadza
Stuart Matsikenyeri
Chris Mpofu
Ray Price
Vusi Sibanda
Tatenda Taibu (wk)
Brendan Taylor

West Indies (Twenty20 Only)

Denesh Ramdin
Adrian Barath
Sulieman Benn
David Bernard
Darren Bravo
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Andre Fletcher
Nikita Miller
Kieron Pollard
Ravi Rampaul
Kemar Roach
Darren Sammy
Dwayne Smith

Re: Zimbabwe in West Indies

Well there were some good scores from the tour match. Hope that Zimbabwe can do that to the Windies team, but not likely.

That has simply got to be the worst game of T20 I have seen.

3 wickets in hand and they didn't at least get out trying to get there. Zimbabwe bumbled along at under 6 an over, then the Windies at 3.95 with wickets in hand?!?!? Doesn't matter how restrictive the bowling is, it's way better to hit out or get out.

This is terrible for the Windies. I thought they were on the right track.

Too early to tell though, it is a T20 after all.

EDIT: Forgot to praise Zimbabwe, excellent effort from them.

Updated as Zimbabwe sneak through with another tense win. West Indies seemed to have it in the bag but a double strike in the final over gave it to Zimbabwe.

The West Indies are a rabble.

These games don't seem to be on Foxtel, must have only been the T20.

edit* replay is on.

Well, this time last year the West Indies beat England 1-0, something we were unable to do.

When you all have had enough rubbishing the West Indies and / or Zimbabwe you should remember little things like that.

West Indies at full strength are a decent enough team, over the years there have been periodic periods of consistent performance.

They are struggling at the moment because of injuries, but at full strength they are capable of playing good cricket.

Its a tough one to call. The West Indies are, I feel, a little in disarray. They don't seem to have gelled as a team yet, something you need when you don't have that many world class players.

Zimbabwe on the other hand seem more 'together'. They are a team on the 'up' if only because the situation in the country (at least cricket wise) has stabilised somewhat. The first class competition there has been a massive improvement on what has gone before and players have been getting regular, reasonable quality cricket. The team is also helped by the return of many of the players who left (even though not all have been picked or will be picked).

Time will tell how they go over the whole series but currently they do appear capable of pushing the Windies all the way and then some.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;391096 said:
Well, this time last year the West Indies beat England 1-0, something we were unable to do.

When you all have had enough rubbishing the West Indies and / or Zimbabwe you should remember little things like that.

Tea in china, the side at the moment is rubbish, not the side that played England last year. I can't see any other test team sinking to sub-minnow level after losing 3 or 4 players.

Especially dropping 2 games in a row..

Well done to the Zimbos though, hopefully they can get back to the reasonably competitive side they had a few years ago.

West Indies level the series thanks to a 4 wicket win. Gayle led the way with a gritty 88 although it was Deonarine who finally got them over the line.

Saw that yesterday, amazing. He didn't look like he swung the bat down all that hard but it just splits in two.

Dont mind the look of Deonarine at all, seems to have an alright technique and made a few runs near the end of the one dayers.

I think it was the combination of him hitting the bat on the ground just as the ball at probably 125-135 km/h at impact hitting the inside edge closish to the middle at the same time. Would have taken freakish timing for that to happen.

In the meantime I think I hear Gray Nichols' bat sales are dropping :p

Also, go Chanders.

Back