Videos and Links

What do you mean by that ? We can't really judge if those are really good off spinners or flippers ?

I meant I find it highly unlikely that Murali bowled a flipper. I've never heard of any offspinner bowling a flipper and with his action he would have to rotate his wrist throught 270 degrees from his stock ball to achieve it.

Its the first time I've every heard that, so in the balance of probability I think the writer is simply an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. However the video is too grainy to really tell for sure. Its probably just a fuller slightly skiddy offbreak.

Isn't there a thread for "TV Commentators that know nothing about spin"? Definitely not a back spinning delivery and being Murali that was probably his topspinner.

That video is great, I actually watched it all a few nights ago. The action gives him so much momentum going into the crease. I couldn't possibly hope to replicate it. Mine is very much becoming a slow walk in, gradual build up and then a bound. Nothing like the crazy bounciness of Qadir or the running of Stuart MacGill.

That video is great, I actually watched it all a few nights ago. The action gives him so much momentum going into the crease. I couldn't possibly hope to replicate it. Mine is very much becoming a slow walk in, gradual build up and then a bound. Nothing like the crazy bounciness of Qadir or the running of Stuart MacGill.
I'm going to try :D

I love how he hangs in the air briefly before delivery stride, like some fast bowlers!

Last edited:
Seriously good wrongun. He gave a coaching session for the juniors at my club one night, and announced it "now here is the wrongun" yet still beat our keeper. So much turn.

Back