2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Was enjoying my latte this morning when I overheard Plentys own A.Villani having a conversation with certain Barrel shaped club VP at a local establishment.
"I played at Carlton with Austin, Salm and Rosbrook so where's my cash!"
Watch this space maybe another on the move!!

I'm sure the Plenty guys were disgusted when he won 2 flags as their Captain Coach! Plenty are a great club and have great history I'm sure they won't lose to much sleep over it thou! Big year coming up imagine the Plenty v Riverside match this year! DVCA should play it on a Sunday so the rest of us plebs for all the other clubs can come and have a look!

They must've been saving up all these years to buy a flag!
1st XI premierships are very hard to get as you would know,eltham although been very close haven't been able to get one for a very very long time! Riverside certainly wouldn't be the first club to try to "buy" one and won't be the last.
A ball hasn't bowled yet,injuries,club infighting over paid players taking the place of promising youngsters who actually pay to play might unsettle the side and the club!
The premiership is a long way from being won just yet,they have to make finals first.

Just cut out the middle man and get one directly from the trophy shop. Cheaper at least.

How so? The weight of expectation is right on the Riverside guys now. Don't lose....

How so you ask...
Survival for you guys
That's how so
That is if your clubs aim is to continue playing in the premier grade of our competition.

If you are happy to go down to the second level of competition then you are under no pressure at all.

Having only played finals once in 15 or so years in the second level of competition and being successful in winning the premiership and promotion to the top level I would of thought that is where you would like to stay.

If that's the case then you are under a lot of pressure

Were your committee unaware of him leaving? Did he tell them a fib? Surely this news doesn't come as a surprise
I was told mid-feb he was heading to Riverside with the other 2. Pretty sure it was put on bigcricket (brutal maybe)
I certainly knew this a while back. Just didn't mention Rosbrooks name I don't think, due to Plenty on the verge of finals. Knowing what I know, I think they'll be keen to secure a top line keeper as well.

I certainly knew this a while back. Just didn't mention Rosbrooks name I don't think, due to Plenty on the verge of finals. Knowing what I know, I think they'll be keen to secure a top line keeper as well.

Yep, I've heard it a while ago too. In light of what Plentypower has said though, I don't think they were being told his true feelings....

Are you suggesting they've lost their keeper from the grand final? Or the one that kept a lot of the year, and got dropped for the grand final?

Yep, I've heard it a while ago too. In light of what Plentypower has said though, I don't think they were being told his true feelings....

Are you suggesting they've lost their keeper from the grand final? Or the one that kept a lot of the year, and got dropped for the grand final?
Sorry mate, you may have misunderstood. Riverside will be looking for a keeper, perhaps good enough to handle a Premier bowling attack. At least that was my understanding.

I don't like the doing a runner comment, the guy won that club 2 flags as their Captain so in my opinion he owes plenty absolutely nothing. Paid players are there to perform as well as they can, clubs pay players at the risk of them leaving, performing poorly or not gelling , however you also do it with the hope they give you value for money that season. Good luck to Riverside , well run club who have never paid anyone other than there captain/ coaches over the years.
Rossie never won Plenty 2 flags, with a bowling attack of Rosbrook , Salvatore, Hubber, Villani, Love and Cocking I think they all had a bit to do with winning the flags not just Luke. Luke's body is very fragile of late and would think he will struggle to play a whole season hence him taking the big bucks on offer from Moneyside.

Speaking of keepers how is Researchs recruiting going?
Hopefully will know more this week on that front. We've been waiting on some GF games finishing, which were all sorted yesterday. Also still negotiating with a couple of others. We have a duel focus at the moment as Ben Cookson has had his Cancer return, which is not what any of us wanted to hear and we will continue to support him in his ongoing battle.

Hopefully will know more this week on that front. We've been waiting on some GF games finishing, which were all sorted yesterday. Also still negotiating with a couple of others. We have a duel focus at the moment as Ben Cookson has had his Cancer return, which is not what any of us wanted to hear and we will continue to support him in his ongoing battle.

Shocking news. Puts all the recruiting banter into perspective.

Best of luck to him and his family.

Rosbrook is about 33 isn't he. He's probably starting to wind down, and sees at as a good chance to finish up playing with his mates from Carlton, and earn some more money whilst he's at it. If thats the case you can't begrudge him.

Its a free market. And if guys are playing at your club for money, you need to accept that they may move on for a better offer.

How so you ask...
Survival for you guys
That's how so
That is if your clubs aim is to continue playing in the premier grade of our competition.

If you are happy to go down to the second level of competition then you are under no pressure at all.

Having only played finals once in 15 or so years in the second level of competition and being successful in winning the premiership and promotion to the top level I would of thought that is where you would like to stay.

If that's the case then you are under a lot of pressure

Well no shit, but it's hardly at a survival stage or panic stations. We were more than competitive and despite hysterical claims that 300 would be smashed against us every game we played at home, shockingly (not really) it failed to materialise.

Back