2014/2015 Barclay Shield

As for a coach you guys sorted then?

Was announced on the last page. Dylan Cunningham will be a non playing coach - looking after all aspects of the club, including a large priority on lower grades, and watching them over the weekend, with Nick Curtin once again taking the reigns of the 1's. They will coordinate and run training together, and then Nick steps up on a Saturday with his plans and structures, and with the added pressure of the 3 team relegation, a split of the roles is a perfect fit and suited us with Dylan being injured and unable to play for the season.

Correct, Matt and Corey have moved on, and both will be losses. We feel that we have recruited to cover the loss and also feel that some players in the 2's now have a chance to show their wares. Always hard for the second keeper at a club to get a chance to shine.

What about the import - Razzaq... will be a loss too I would think...?

They know how much runs they have to play with.
Example : Team A bats and makes 250. Team A then has 5 men covering the boundaries from ball 1 of Team Bs innings.
With restrictions both teams have equal opportunity to clear the in field

But the other team also has a chance to put the field back.....

Having fielding restrictions allows both teams the same conditions from ball 1 of their innings. We do it for our 20/20.

We already have the same conditions from ball 1...

I don't think it has much merit but am interested in how you would suggest it be structured for an 80 over innings?

They know how much runs they have to play with.
Example : Team A bats and makes 250. Team A then has 5 men covering the boundaries from ball 1 of Team Bs innings.
With restrictions both teams have equal opportunity to clear the in field

I wouldn't worry too much about teams making 250 in one day games, the quality of batting in this comp means most teams can't even make 250 in a two day game.

Was just point of discussion. But it appears pretty unaminous that its a shit idea. Just seems stupid to me that we have adopted bowling restrictions and not fielding restrictions.

I actually don't see it as a dumb idea at all. I think it has plenty of merit to it, it would make captaincy decisions interesting for some teams. It'd have greater effect or some grounds more than others. Many games it wouldn't affect though, you don't normally see too many on the fence. But enough to make the rule change?

I just feel that it doesn't overly warrant it for just the two one day games that we play. But far from the worst idea suggested on here.

Was just point of discussion. But it appears pretty unaminous that its a shit idea. Just seems stupid to me that we have adopted bowling restrictions and not fielding restrictions.

I don't think it's a bad idea, I just found the reason given (250 runs being made) quite humorous. Hell, it might actually help the batsman make runs.

Back