Australia In England, The Ashes 2013

Do you people know that Australia has now lost six consecutive test matches which is their worst performance in 29 years, and are just one lose away from the record of seven straight reverses from 1884-87.

That's typical of Victoria though. The squad as it stands now is almost 25% Victorian listed players (Siddle, Pattinson, Rogers and Wade), second only to New South Wales. Victoria won't be happy until there are 17 Victorian players in the squad. Even then they'd still crack the shits.

The conspiracy against the Bushrangers really loses credibility when spuds like Quiney and Hastings got gifted Baggygreens last summer :)

Australia have started well in the tour game, 0/132 at lunch against Sussex. Cowan is on 57 and Hughes has raced to 70. Notable players for Sussex include Michael Yardy and Monty Panesar.

Australia XI: *Ed Cowan, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, +Matt Wade, James Faulkner, Ashton Agar, Ashton Turner (FC debut), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird
Sussex XI: *Chris Nash, Luke Wells, Michael Yardy, James Taylor, Rory Hamilton-Brown, Matt Machan, Callum Jackson, Chris Jordan (FC debut), Chris Liddle, Lewis Hatchett, Monty Panesar

Cowan gone for 66, score now 1/165 with Hughes on 84 who was dropped in slips on only 22. Just 40 overs faced so far.

Smith finishes on top score 98*, looks like Wade blew any chance of getting into the side with a duck.

I think we probably wont see any batting changes for Old Trafford.

The conspiracy against the Bushrangers really loses credibility when spuds like Quiney and Hastings got gifted Baggygreens last summer :)

I swear I get ready to throw the mother of all world class tantrums when Victorians say Andrew McDonald should be in the team.

Against a Bangladesh or Zimbabwe maybe not against a half decent team.

I watched him play live against South Africa during the 2008-09 New Year's Test at the SCG and what I saw of him, that bloke is nowhere near Test level.

No but it doesn't really surprise me..

Nor me. I'm just hoping for a rain-affected draw along the way as if they get beaten in every match, by the end of the 10 matches some of our batsmen may need to be locked up by the chaps in the white coats.

Smith with a Ton and not a great deal for the spinners. Still hope that Lyon is recalled, there simply is no one that is better but they keep thinking they are going to pull another Warne from district cricket. It just won't happen.

I swear I get ready to throw the mother of all world class tantrums when Victorians say Andrew McDonald should be in the team.

Against a Bangladesh or Zimbabwe maybe not against a half decent team.

I watched him play live against South Africa during the 2008-09 New Year's Test at the SCG and what I saw of him, that bloke is nowhere near Test level.

Dud of the highest order.

Straight up two massive stuff ups. They drop Hughes and reward Warner for his poor behaviour and not selecting Bird. The poor judgement continues.

It's time for umpires to go and let technology rule totally. If the umpire had made the right decision in the first place there was no way that was out from the DRS. It went from 1 howler to 2 absolute shockers.
I gave that not out and said he missed it by 2 inches with the naked eye live. How could 2 paid professionals not realise that.

Back