B & C Grade 2013/2014

Didn't believe they had any.

Their only batsman of any note from last year (even though he didnt perform very well) Nathan Brown, has jumped ship because of internal problems and gone to Sth Morang, and having a look at the stats of some of TU batsman, it looks like your observation isn't far off the mark. It looks spot on. Looks like they need to find some batsman from somewhere or they are in big trouble.

TU certainly needs to improve, right across the board. Need to work on attitude across the club from what I hear. Some of these blokes who are leaving will improve that. It will be a long way back for them. Mill Park certainly looks the goods. They will have learnt a lot from last years slip up.

Just had a look at the latest clearance list and noticed Ex Bushranger and Melb Uni player Brendan Joseland has been cleared to Mill Park.

Just had a look at the latest clearance list and noticed Ex Bushranger and Melb Uni player Brendan Joseland has been cleared to Mill Park.

Mill Park's list is looking more and more impressive as we draw closer to the season opener.. What the hell is he doing signing up to play against mostly seconds teams?? A player of his calibre should be a bit embarrased of himself. But, good luck to Mill Park.

Mill Park's list is looking more and more impressive as we draw closer to the season opener.. What the hell is he doing signing up to play against mostly seconds teams?? A player of his calibre should be a bit embarrased of himself. But, good luck to Mill Park.

All reports he hasn't played for a while and just wants to have a hit with a mate.

All reports he hasn't played for a while and just wants to have a hit with a mate.

All of the other clubs will be hoping he only wants to have a couple of hits. He will smash em in B Grade. I cannot see Mill park losing 1 game this season.

I would be wrapt as a junior to have him at my club. What a great way to watch and learn how its done. I actually wouldn't mind watching him and seeing his class shine through.

I take back everything I ever said about Panton Hill winning B grade.
The inclusion of Joseland into Mill Park's side puts them potentially unbeatable…
I would even go as far as saying they'd be a Money Shield contender...

N
I take back everything I ever said about Panton Hill winning B grade.
The inclusion of Joseland into Mill Park's side puts them potentially unbeatable…
I would even go as far as saying they'd be a Money Shield contender...
Noticed Brendan "BJ" Joseland tonned up yesterday for the Tigers in even time. Mill Park's batting list looks incredibly strong with their other debutant Brett Millane making 42 at more than a run a ball.

N
Noticed Brendan "BJ" Joseland tonned up yesterday for the Tigers in even time. Mill Park's batting list looks incredibly strong with their other debutant Brett Millane making 42 at more than a run a ball.

They'd want a few runs on the board though there bowling stocks are average at best just ask the spinner!

Can't be too bad if they bowled your team out for 137....

Firstly we played there 1s with our seconds made up of mainly 3rds cricketers.only 1 of the top 6 played seconds last year both opening bowlers didn't play and a bloke who has played only a handful of games in the last 3 years hit nearly fifty off 12 scoring shots speaks volumes.Credit to the bloke who made there runs batted superbly but was dropped on half his total score which could have made for a closer result. Just don't get too far ahead of yourself as you should already be aware of!.let me just finish by saying that bloke needs big shoulders IMO. Well done all the same to MP

Firstly we played there 1s with our seconds made up of mainly 3rds cricketers.only 1 of the top 6 played seconds last year both opening bowlers didn't play and a bloke who has played only a handful of games in the last 3 years hit nearly fifty off 12 scoring shots speaks volumes.Credit to the bloke who made there runs batted superbly but was dropped on half his total score which could have made for a closer result. Just don't get too far ahead of yourself as you should already be aware of!.let me just finish by saying that bloke needs big shoulders IMO. Well done all the same to MP
Sounds like a good story. Maybe you could have started it with "once upon a time". No use whinging about who you have and don't have. MP had 3 of its top 6 including the B Grade leading run scorer and wicket taker from last year missing. You go on to the Park with what you have and give it your best shot. Not too sure I would be relying on a slogger to make your runs each week. 40 odd from 12 shots is great hitting but try and do that each and every week. Probably not a good sign when your captain/keeper makes a duck and sits in the coaches box on his pat malone, sets a good example for the rest of your team.

Don't worry, Mill Park will choke in the final just like last year.

I must say that it is refreshing to see Mill Park trying to win a premiership in their 1st XI. Usually they give up at Christmas and drop everyone to F and H grade to pick up some cheap (and meaningless) flags.

If anyone cares to hear about some games I'll put in a little spiel about our match (Bundoora Utd) against Diamond Creek in C grade at DC. It was a good game, we started strongly having DC 7/58 but ended up bowling a little lose after the first session and some good batting saw a 100 run 8th wicket partnership set us 166 to win. Our batting was pretty good, a 50 run opening partnership, lost a few wickets a little too regularly before another 50 partnership but we kept score board ticking over and ended up needing 6 off the last over and we got them with a couple of balls to spare.

Sounds like a good story. Maybe you could have started it with "once upon a time". No use whinging about who you have and don't have. MP had 3 of its top 6 including the B Grade leading run scorer and wicket taker from last year missing. You go on to the Park with what you have and give it your best shot. Not too sure I would be relying on a slogger to make your runs each week. 40 odd from 12 shots is great hitting but try and do that each and every week. Probably not a good sign when your captain/keeper makes a duck and sits in the coaches box on his pat malone, sets a good example for the rest of your team.

The wicketkeeper who made a duck is not captain this year...:rolleyes:
Mill Park will be very strong in their top 2 grades.
Batting is strong in both.
Bowling is just your average /steady attack but if you make 270+ every week, wont be an issue.

Apparently the Epping C grade side did themselves no favours and won no friends with there gobbing off and in general terrible attitude v Research Eltham Coll yesterday. By all accounts was some of the worst displays of mouthing off that had been seen for a while. Umpire did his best to sort them out but seriously they should be ashamed of themselves. Got in there cars and left straight after stumps as well.

Back