City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Cant see lords getting a prime final. it may be the home of cricket by name but its unfenced and is mainly used for dog walking. everyone at the web will want it and if we manage to keep a top 2 spot we do deserve it, but I still doubt it.
It was a bit funny to see ollie and manders win the grand but thats the luck of the draw. Was a great day and good to see such a good turn out.
Big congratz to leeroy and the boys. Great effort in knocking of the juggers. But its the big test this week, im crossing,my fingers for you.
Also to biggsy and his gang, huge effort and great to see just how even our comp can be. Only takesa few good nuts and a partnership to change a game.
Finals is looking interesting now with juggers dropping a few late games and uniting showing some sort of weakness.
Goodluck to all in the last round.

On another note. Would be happy to play a final at highett west. Played there round 2 and enjoyed it alot, as did gihan.

Clocker going to check what kind of individual you are, if your human and have a heart then if you reveal your identity n prove who you are to me I shall donate $100 to a charity of your choice.........who is more important? Those in need or yourself?
I eagerly await your get out response!

Brett,
You suffocate me and I can no longer continue with this relationship. I have met someone who cares and nutures me more than you ever did. Yes you see through me; It is Peter Parker, and I have never been happier. I am sorry but your controlling nature is overbearing. Forgive me.

I hope you dont get this upset with a bit of lip service on a satutday brett.
If clock wants his face behind a mask then let it go. All youve done is chase him to PPs open arms.
Last thing we need is clock and parker playing footsies at finals time.

Merl, please do not ever place yourself on the same page as Black Caviar again! Don't insult a Champion!

Hope you enjoy our "self compitulate into oblivion" (Whatever that means!)! Maybe some herbal tea for you to celebrate, don't want you going too over the top!

Hope to see you during the finals series, looking forward to catching up with you over and ale or 2.

Another great article Jimmy although you had me with 'conniptions' Now don't freeze up this week. Quasimodo has video cameras positioned at every training session watching developments and taking his notes. Looking forward to his weekly preview does a very good job.
Army:
Quiney Grade looks like an absolute bewdy this week. Aside from the Wash Ups any team 2nd to 7th could theoretically make it. Uniting Le-Page should be a tough encounter with the loser probably missing out.Then you have the Wanderers tenuously hanging onto 3rd spot. At least you are at home but with a bit of work to do.

1 Washington Park 54 1.9238
2 Le Page Park 39 1.2537
3 Melbourne Wanderers 39 1.1717
4 Bentleigh Uniting 39 1.0803
5 Carnegie South 36 0.8978
6 Omega 33 1.3026
7 Kingston Heath 33 1.1618
8 Chelsea Heights 27 0.8015
9 Elwood 21 1.0891
10 Cheltenham Park 21 0.8978
11 Mackie 12 0.4587
12 Hampton Central 06 0.6558

Round 11
Omega 2 v Cheltenham Park 1 Bricker Reserve
Elwood 2 v Chelsea Heights 2 Elwood Park Oval No.1
Melbourne Wanderers 1 v Kingston Heath 2 Fawkner Park Oval
Hampton Central 2 v Washington Park 2 Simpson Reserve
Mackie 2 v Carnegie South 2 Mackie Road Reserve
Bentleigh Uniting 3 v Le Page Park 2 Centenary Park

Sadly I require to again put my ANA cap on and highlight that we're on 24 points and not 18 coming into the final round.

Old Game seems to be on the money.

Forget the points Sugar; Spill the beans. Very disrespectful to say the least.Get the Judge on Youtube and let's hear it from the man himself.He won't tip toe around with diplomatic language.
But one bit of mail that i did receive shocked me the words that came out of CMCA commitee persons mouth. while at the stage of the game the score was roughly 2/ 78 of about 28 overs a guy had great pleasure in saying Hampton Central have beaten LePage Park and it would a big game for Ana next week against Hampton to avoid relegation in front of the ana players who were waiting to bat well what i believe from those comments it made the players more determined than ever to get up. I ask anybody why would a person on a commitee say that why a games still in progress in front of bunch of nervous young nervous bloke waiting there turn to bat against a powerhouse like Uniting. Gee wouldnt you think the comp would want them to loose a game to make the finals a bit more interesting its amazing story.

Another great article Jimmy although you had me with 'conniptions' Now don't freeze up this week. Quasimodo has video cameras positioned at every training session watching developments and taking his notes. Looking forward to his weekly preview does a very good job.
Army:
Quiney Grade looks like an absolute bewdy this week. Aside from the Wash Ups any team 2nd to 7th could theoretically make it. Uniting Le-Page should be a tough encounter with the loser probably missing out.Then you have the Wanderers tenuously hanging onto 3rd spot. At least you are at home but with a bit of work to do.

1 Washington Park 54 1.9238
2 Le Page Park 39 1.2537
3 Melbourne Wanderers 39 1.1717
4 Bentleigh Uniting 39 1.0803
5 Carnegie South 36 0.8978
6 Omega 33 1.3026
7 Kingston Heath 33 1.1618
8 Chelsea Heights 27 0.8015
9 Elwood 21 1.0891
10 Cheltenham Park 21 0.8978
11 Mackie 12 0.4587
12 Hampton Central 06 0.6558

Round 11
Omega 2 v Cheltenham Park 1 Bricker Reserve
Elwood 2 v Chelsea Heights 2 Elwood Park Oval No.1
Melbourne Wanderers 1 v Kingston Heath 2 Fawkner Park Oval
Hampton Central 2 v Washington Park 2 Simpson Reserve
Mackie 2 v Carnegie South 2 Mackie Road Reserve
Bentleigh Uniting 3 v Le Page Park 2 Centenary Park
Definitely going to be an interesting round in Quiney, down at the web we have managed to sneak over the line with a few close run chases, one or two of Jimmy's conniptions may have occurred, after round 5 we were sitting equal bottom holding up the rest of the comp, so to even be in with a chance is fantastic, with the Panthers and Uniting playing each other the equation is pretty simple for the Negies (barring any washouts or outrights)

Army and his mob would not want to miss out on the finals after sitting 2nd for much of the year, I'll back them in over the Heath, whilst I think Le Page should be too strong for Uniting

Tips Rnd-11
Longy
Uniting - injuries to chubb will see him rested, 2 good ins though with britt and russell
Panthers - i don't know why, gold caps could be spiralling downwards, lets hope so.
Victory Park - hoops are desimated
Redbacks - will tune up on the machine who have got tired
Royals - to continue their run and send the old two blues to Wooly
Heighters- at home in front of a big crowd.

Wooly
Victory Park - could be outright if UM's mob accept a keg
Gardens - outright over the hoops.
Uniting - to end Ivans dreams and omega's 3 year plan
Royals - to make it another big night at the palace
Washups - just another tune up game, better than net practice
Moor West - at the expense of Ivans boys will move into the four

Forget the points Sugar; Spill the beans. Very disrespectful to say the least.Get the Judge on Youtube and let's hear it from the man himself.He won't tip toe around with diplomatic language.
But one bit of mail that i did receive shocked me the words that came out of CMCA commitee persons mouth. while at the stage of the game the score was roughly 2/ 78 of about 28 overs a guy had great pleasure in saying Hampton Central have beaten LePage Park and it would a big game for Ana next week against Hampton to avoid relegation in front of the ana players who were waiting to bat well what i believe from those comments it made the players more determined than ever to get up. I ask anybody why would a person on a commitee say that why a games still in progress in front of bunch of nervous young nervous bloke waiting there turn to bat against a powerhouse like Uniting. Gee wouldnt you think the comp would want them to loose a game to make the finals a bit more interesting its amazing story.

Clocker, always love your work, but the Royals were never going to lose that game and good on them for finally showing some gumption.
They didn't need a comment to spur them on, their intent was clearly evident last week and they just did the business when it counted.

Brett,
You suffocate me and I can no longer continue with this relationship. I have met someone who cares and nutures me more than you ever did. Yes you see through me; It is Peter Parker, and I have never been happier. I am sorry but your controlling nature is overbearing. Forgive me.

Hey Brett,
If you are so flushed with the green stuff, how about you donate to your old club to help pay for a trophy in your honour.
You are obviously held in high esteem down at the den.

Definitely going to be an interesting round in Quiney, down at the web we have managed to sneak over the line with a few close run chases, one or two of Jimmy's conniptions may have occurred, after round 5 we were sitting equal bottom holding up the rest of the comp, so to even be in with a chance is fantastic, with the Panthers and Uniting playing each other the equation is pretty simple for the Negies (barring any washouts or outrights)

Army and his mob would not want to miss out on the finals after sitting 2nd for much of the year, I'll back them in over the Heath, whilst I think Le Page should be too strong for Uniting

Webby, your boys are a monty to sneak in now. Whichever way results go you just need to over the machine and you're in, well done to you boys. Great effort from where you were.

As for us, its simple win we are in (maybe with double chance) we loose and our season is probably over. After dropping our last 2 games, if we loose Rd9,10 & 11 we hardly deserve to make anyway. Wouldnt hurt if i could take a wicket at some stage either!!!

Good luck to all for Rd 11

Is this weeks game a one dayer as you say in your article?
Did have to make a couple of late corrections to article this week Border and fixed newspaper version but forgot this version, definitely 2 dayers in Rd.11. Sugar correct also, perhaps was still in shock at their win!!

To clarify start times for the game at "The G" where Bentleigh Uniting are taking on Wendouree, gates at the MCG open at 11.00am and the game starts at 12.00 noon. Entry to the ground is only via gate 2. No alcohol to be taken into the ground.

Tips for the final round are:

Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) Kingston Heath 1 v Bentleigh Uniting 1 Southern Road Reserve View
Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) Le Page Park 1 v East Sandringham Boys Club 1 Le Page Park Oval ... View
Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) West Bentleigh 1 v Brighton Union 1 Victory Park Oval ... View
Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) Carnegie South 1 v Mackie 1 Lord Reserve Oval ... View
Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) Bentleigh ANA 1 v Hampton Central 1 King George VI Res... View
Sat 25 Feb, 3 Mar(1:00 PM) Chelsea Heights 1 v Elwood 1 Beazley Reserve View

Nice write up in Monday's Herald Sun and online as well. What was not so nice was the 'sooky' response from Jacana in today's Herald Sun (page 65). Jimmy I am not overly excited about this no alcohol edict. MCG and can't even get a drink.
I am sure we are not in Iran.
Confidential
Bentleigh Uniting pitches up at MCG

352123-bentleigh.jpg

Bentleigh Uniting celebrate. Source: Supplied
A SHORT time ago we marvelled when David Warner was plucked from obscurity to star in a Twenty20 international at the MCG.
Now here's proof of a humble suburban cricket team that excels at the exciting format.
Bentleigh Uniting, which plays in the Moorabbin competition, has qualified for the Cricket Victoria Twenty20 knockout final.
The tournament pits the best teams from metropolitan and country leagues against each other.
Bentleigh Uniting will play country winner Wendouree in the final at the MCG on Sunday.
It has beaten the Victorian Turf Association's McKinnon, Mercantile club Coles Sharks, Dandenong District team Buckley Ridges and North Western's Jacana on the way to the final.
Bentleigh, which plays on synthetic wickets, had to play qualifying games to gain admission to the tournament against opponents from large turf clubs, many with overseas imports.

Most of Bentleigh's players have come up through the club's junior ranks and have rarely played on turf wickets - only a couple owned spiked boots.
The exception was captain Glenn Lalor, who came to the club last year after a distinguished career at St Kilda.
As club president John Halliday aptly put it: "It's a long way from the synthetic wicket at Brady Road, East Bentleigh, to the pitch at the MCG."

Back