City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

And the original Monday article as it appeared in the paper (for all you Uniting fans)

Jacana-uniting-2.png

According to Uniting, Jacana were offered the chance to play on another day, but they said no - someone's telling porkies.
That is what I heard too Sugar, Uniting offered to replay or complete the game on the following Tuesday night but understandably Jacana could not be bothered coming back over to the South and opted for the coin toss, if that is correct and now they are sooking up, pretty ordinary darts I reckon.

Clock, Dr.Booze will be at The G, it is just no BYO or "takies" allowed into the ground, the caterers will be happy to charge you $6 or whatever it is these days for a plastic cup full of feline urine.

Jimmy’s version is spot on. Uniting offered to continue the game mid week but Jacana understandably did not want to trek from Broady to Bentleigh again. In fairness I reckon we would probably feel the same. Score reported here was also wrong. Not 2/41 off 4. It was 2/24 of 4.3. In the context of 20/20 that is a significant difference. At the stage the game was called off it was about 50/50. Somewhat ironic that it was then decided by a 50/50 coin toss. No question we had some luck with that but very poor form by Jacana’s Joe Hafner. He is either telling porkies or is misinformed. Equally poor from the HUN in not checking the facts before printing. A 30 second phone call could have set the record straight.

Why let a few facts get in the way of a goood story.it certainly slants it their way. Poor effort Herald Sun. Back to the Moorabbin Standard it is.What time do the one day games start on Saturday Jimmy?
redface.png

Why let a few facts get in the way of a goood story.it certainly slants it their way. Poor effort Herald Sun. Back to the Moorabbin Standard it is.What time do the one day games start on Saturday Jimmy?
redface.png
You got me Clock although I did manage to pull that one out of the print version (I hope), 2 dayer to startat 1pm as normal I guess. More than most Clock you would know not to believe everything you read in the papers or hear on the radio.

Chooka, got that version from a pretty reliable source so am glad it is accurate, unlike Mitchell Johnson and Mr.Hafner.

Jimmy’s version is spot on. Uniting offered to continue the game mid week but Jacana understandably did not want to trek from Broady to Bentleigh again. In fairness I reckon we would probably feel the same. Score reported here was also wrong. Not 2/41 off 4. It was 2/24 of 4.3. In the context of 20/20 that is a significant difference. At the stage the game was called off it was about 50/50. Somewhat ironic that it was then decided by a 50/50 coin toss. No question we had some luck with that but very poor form by Jacana’s Joe Hafner. He is either telling porkies or is misinformed. Equally poor from the HUN in not checking the facts before printing. A 30 second phone call could have set the record straight.

I can understand if it was just another 20/20 match that trekking from Broadmeadows would be difficult; however the prize at the end of the day was a game on the hallowed turf and a chance to be crowned champions of Victoria or something equivalent.
I suspect if the roles had been reversed Mr Lalor would have said 'see you next week'; and therein is the reason why Uniting have been so successful.

Chooka are you doing the bus from Centenary Park or will everyone just make their own way to the ground?

Yes Clock the intention is to arrange a bus from Centenary. Anyone who wants to get on board contact John Halliday. Our communication to the wider CMCA has probably lacked a bit.

And your comments about Glen Lalor are spot on. Given a choice there is no way he would let a coin toss decide the outcome.

You got me Clock although I did manage to pull that one out of the print version (I hope), 2 dayer to startat 1pm as normal I guess. More than most Clock you would know not to believe everything you read in the papers or hear on the radio.

Chooka, got that version from a pretty reliable source so am glad it is accurate, unlike Mitchell Johnson and Mr.Hafner.

That is absolutely correct Jimmy. I was there and was 5 meters away when it was all unfolding.

Uniting
Sandy
West Bentleigh
Carnegie Sth
Bentleigh ANA
Chelsea Heights

Thanks for running the tipping comp this yr and letting me be a part of it, well done, been very enjoyable. Good luck to everyone in finals coming up.

Tips for a hot round 11

Very interesting at the bottom of the ladder as to who goes down to Woolnough next season. The outcome of the toss may have a big impact on the results.

Bentleigh Uniting
ESBC
Brighton Union
Carnegie South
Hampton Central
Chelsea Heights

Good luck to all players and teams for this round and for those fortunate to be playing finals.

Jimmy, It appears your confusion has thrown the CMCA community into a fizz, resulting in an official communication being required... hehe

Yep, rookie error on my part Army. It was an almost Rudd-esque attempt to murky the waters.

Tips Round 11
Longy
Uniting - Skipper won't want to hand over any psychological edge, Chubber out? Vita Britt back?
Spiders - Bowling to hold sway
Royals - this might be as tight as a nuns
Beach Boys - Marshall to complete season in style and have a big one to possibly save relegation
Union - don't know why, could be a run fest
Panthers - Want to bounce back after horrible last effort, East still short of best

Wooly
Kookas - Home ground advantage?
Gardeners - You playing Luke?
Ommies - Cream to rise to the top
Cludeners - Home ground
Sharks - Favorites for mine
Westars - To grab 4th, East maybe weakened by absences

Could be some BIG issues with the weather tomorrow, toss of the coin will be significant, there may also be some negotiations for a keg or two.
A quick game is a good game ???????????

Longy
Uniting
Spiders
Royals
Beach Boys
Union - led by the De fegley triplets.
ESBC to bounce back after a poor month.

Wooly
Kookas - in front of a big Ladies Day crowd
Manders CC
Fidler's Ommies
Cluden
Sharks
ESBC to upset the Westars March plans

Good luck to all on the weekend. Particularly Uniting on Sunday. A fine achievement. Wold love to be there, but apparently there's a Teddy Bear picnic on at Ripponlea I have to attend.

Hello all. Tips for last home and away are:
Us.
East Sandy. Can't see them losing 3 in a row.
Union.
Spiders. Double chance up for grabs.
ANA. In form.
Elwood. Who would've thought they'd be playing for their Longy future?
I'll be playing my trade in the Magoos against Army's battalion. Hoping Mario has enough good luck to win the toss and bat. Do not feel like fielding / bowling tomorrow.
Good luck to all.

Back