City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Yes Merlot, I was a winner of the Cricket Tipping competition think I was the inaugural winner....still waiting for my award haha!! Haven't been as solid the last couple of season.
Good luck to all in the finals will the Gardeners get up riding on the back Manders?
Please....

Dearest UM, '' presuming once again '' unfortunately unlike your good self i tend not to make comments unless i'm more than certain of what i'm saying is correct.
In this case, the LBW which was clearly plumb, was given not out by your teamate, and if my memory serves me right, your no-8 was hit at least 4 to 5 times on the pads, same decision by the same team mate.
I suppose that didn't have any affect on the result DID IT.

Let's stick with facts, shall we?
  • I don't condone cheating on any level.
  • Your story holds no weight when you hide behind a pseudonym assuming to be certain of events. Especially when you've demonstrated in the past that your allegiance is with Bentleigh Uniting, yet you're somehow "certain" of what happened in an E Grade game between HW & Mackie.
  • You're trying to discredit a bloke who isn't accountable for the decision making of others (refer to my first point). I do a fine job of discrediting myself without your help.
  • I stated in a previous post that I would prefer club umpires over one particular umpire and admitted I made a fool of myself in said match with my carry on.
  • I further pointed out that you know what you're going to get with club umpires, but at least you can remove them if you believe they're cheating.
  • There was an incident in the game you've completely overlooked and it is laughable that you have chosen to pick at a supposedly dubious LBW decision. If you knew what you were talking about, there's a far bigger story in the game than that one.
Best get yourself back on topics you're familiar with instead of making yourself look like the big goose you've set yourself up to be here. Have your right of reply, but I won't be continuing this meaningless conversation with a nobody professing to be somebody.

Let's stick with facts, shall we?
  • I don't condone cheating on any level.
  • Your story holds no weight when you hide behind a pseudonym assuming to be certain of events. Especially when you've demonstrated in the past that your allegiance is with Bentleigh Uniting, yet you're somehow "certain" of what happened in an E Grade game between HW & Mackie.
  • You're trying to discredit a bloke who isn't accountable for the decision making of others (refer to my first point). I do a fine job of discrediting myself without your help.
  • I stated in a previous post that I would prefer club umpires over one particular umpire and admitted I made a fool of myself in said match with my carry on.
  • I further pointed out that you know what you're going to get with club umpires, but at least you can remove them if you believe they're cheating.
  • There was an incident in the game you've completely overlooked and it is laughable that you have chosen to pick at a supposedly dubious LBW decision. If you knew what you were talking about, there's a far bigger story in the game than that one.
Best get yourself back on topics you're familiar with instead of making yourself look like the big goose you've set yourself up to be here. Have your right of reply, but I won't be continuing this meaningless conversation with a nobody professing to be somebody.

There you go again '' Presuming '' that i have allegiances with Uniting, lets face it UM, you have just got rattled with more than an accurate account of your clubs antics, your ego and lack of knowledge about real issues is outstanding.
I'm more than happy to debate with you, but your comments about hiding behind pseudonym's is typical of a bloke who is rattled, what are you hiding behind ??????
If you would like to debate about the other so called issue i'd be quite comfortable with that as well.
Are you REALLY sure i wasn't at the ground in some capacity?
I'll finish off with this.

You've got way to much to say mick ! Maybe just respect the fact that someone has offered the time to spend the afternoon umpiring muppets like you ! Clearly he had the last laugh with your apology to both clubs !! Pull your head in !!!
Rodger ramjet, Saturday at 3:27 AMReport

The Mentalist was once known as the great Archie Roach. Wasn't aware we could change our usernames. Why the change, Mr Vorbach??

Tbh I don't really give a toss what you think mentalist or JL, funny how JL applauded my comments on the manders situation then jumps on to the backside of mentalist n turns!
Then mentalist has a crack about butting in then his next post butts in on a convo between clocker n PP......very amusing, tbh if I ruin your big cricket experience I am not bothered and will continue to do so and even if I travel further from the shores of oz I will continue to do so if just to ruin things for these hidden posters!

Lucky enough for me you all post when I am asleep so works out well that I can sleep easy at night.

Re: chubbs been carrying his groin for years carried it in 2005-06 but still didn't stop him bowling 25 straight overs in the GF winning us the flag, you will never stop him from playing n you will never take the ball out of his hand, he stands up when needed every single time!

I'll put it out there, if Brett Ernst posts another post with as bad grammar as the message above then I'm leaving the forum.
I feel thick just talking to you.
I did'nt jump on the mentalists back, I simply agreed that you are a moron... to be honest many people on here would have to agree.
Maybe we wont stop him from playing, maybe you could talk some dribble into his groin? I'm sure it would completely give up then.

Re: You're an idiot.

FINALS TIPS??
Longmuir
Uniting but may be closer than most think
East Sandy to stand up in the big time!
Woolnough
Aspendale.....Manders
Omega.....Slim Tim
TEAM OF THE YEAR.... LONGY & WOOLNOUGH.
Lalor captain of Longy
Manders captain of Wooly

I'll put it out there, if Brett Ernst posts another post with as bad grammar as the message above then I'm leaving the forum.
I feel thick just talking to you.
I did'nt jump on the mentalists back, I simply agreed that you are a moron... to be honest many people on here would have to agree.
Maybe we wont stop him from playing, maybe you could talk some dribble into his groin? I'm sure it would completely give up then.

Re: You're an idiot.

Verry sorey u feel that way JL, I rilly dont think you know what you want and what your sayin. I wood love to say you wil be sadly missed but unfoughtunatlee I carnt see what you bring to the foroom, have a good daye mr langer.

Good luck to all those particypating in finels this weekend :))

Enough slagging everyone!!!!
Let the finals begin. Good luck to all paticipating teams and clubs.
Will catch up with a few of you, roaming around the grounds
seeing as much cricket as possible.

w
Enough slagging everyone!!!!
Let the finals begin. Good luck to all paticipating teams and clubs.
Will catch up with a few of you, roaming around the grounds
seeing as much cricket as possible.

Well said young William, the personal stuff doesn't do anyone any favours.
Perhaps Merl & Clocker (both highly intelligent fellas) can bury the hatchet (not in each others head) and pop down to the Mentone studios to deliver Jimmy's prize!!

Looking forward to this weekend big time, the 2 underdogs (Spiders & Golfers) are playing at their best at the right time whilst the big dogs (Uniting & East) are maybe just a touch off their best.

For what it's worth, tipping Uniting and Kingston Heath. Reasons, Unitings batting is well equipped to cope with Redbacks bowling which is their strength with it's evenness and discipline, game changers: Reckon Chubbs won't play given they have the double chance and whilst Uniting are heavily reliant on Lalor/Russell, Chubbs is still the player they can't do without, for the Spiders Gihan Pereira got a great ton in round 2 but has not done much since and if he fires you might reverse the result. Golfers are going well but will their 9 under 21's get stage fright? Even if they do Shiroman is a great bat and an exceptional player of spin and given Easts reliance on spin he might win it by himself. Easts experience will be vital as their bowling attack is modest. Their batting has been patchy but Martyn has been stellar and will need to be again but the other young guns Corp & Devereaux will need to contribute heavily as well.

In Wooly The Gardeners can say what they like but it begins and ends with their skipper. They beat the Sharks in round 1 on his back but the Sharks are a more rounded team although their pace attack is strangely not that inspiring, still, their batting is long and strong so you better make plenty Luke or they will chase them down. Spongebob will shine on the big stage and expect Heywood's batting to become his primary task. A lot of talk about pressure being on the Ommies but I like the look of them to beat Uniting, batting is okay and only need Tim or Ivan to fire to get a big score whilst Leon McGaw has had a great season doing "a Hussey" down at 6 or 7 averaging 100 and their bowling attack is really varied and different. Uniting are similar in that they are very even but are their best players better than Omega's best players? Will be interesting night at selection table with whichever bats are left out of Longy team becoming critical in this game whilst they might get a bowler back if Chubbs plays. Sharks & Ommies through.

Whislt Uniting and Washington have a lot of teams in it is good to see a real mix of other clubs with teams in finals, Wanderers, Chelt Park, The Coffee Makers (Hellenic), Shamrock, Chelsea Heights, Cluden all represented.

UM,
No i haven't gone away, just can't sit at the computer 24/7 like yourself.
You really are the king of casting aspersions as your recent comments relating to a club and your tirade on a particular umpire would support.
Suggest that you look up the meaning of Aspersion, you may need to understand it from a legal perspective.
I'm sure Clocker, Merlot, PDog, Bit Rich, Jimmy, Chooka, Billy, and all the other BCF members will be shaking at their keyboards knowing that UM is trying to out them.
Lets see, we'll give you 1 point for every correct answer, and if you go for the bonanza you can pick up an extra 5 points.
Your time starts now.

I agree, time to move on and talk about the finals.
First of all congrats to Steve,Peter,Geoff and Harry for getting the Longy games, all the best to the other umpires in their respective grades.
Uniting at full strength, well done to chubbs for getting through and passing the test, i'll have the ice pack ready.
Heath, exciting times and pure youth and energy could get them through if they channel it right.
Washington, should have learned somthing from last season, talking to the coach, they seemed primed and are full strength.
Uniting, this will be close on the slow brick, the team that plays the ground the better will win.

Lets hope the weather doesn't play a part, good luck to all.

UM,
No i haven't gone away, just can't sit at the computer 24/7 like yourself.
You really are the king of casting aspersions as your recent comments relating to a club and your tirade on a particular umpire would support.
Suggest that you look up the meaning of Aspersion, you may need to understand it from a legal perspective.
I'm sure Clocker, Merlot, PDog, Bit Rich, Jimmy, Chooka, Billy, and all the other BCF members will be shaking at their keyboards knowing that UM is trying to out them.
Lets see, we'll give you 1 point for every correct answer, and if you go for the bonanza you can pick up an extra 5 points.
Your time starts now.

I call it as I see it and have the conviction to put my name to it. I’ve either dealt in fact or given my opinion. You’ve shown your colours by needing to hide behind multiple usernames. I’m not interested in who belongs to what username unless someone wants to get personal and cast “aspersions” over my character. Let’s see if you’re still as forthcoming with your opinions now people know who you are.

On to this weekend. With all due respect to the Spiders I don't see them making a contest of this one. They’ve posted 200+ scores against East Sandy without Dallas, Le Page without Greer and a Union attack which, unusually, has been consistently scored against this season. My money is on Bruce’s boys preparing for a sudden death contest with the Gold Caps. Even from across the globe Brett’s in the know with Chubbs in at the expense of Middlemiss. Lalor to score big with the bat for Uniting.
Gold Caps had a late season slump in Rds 9 & 10. Their bowling is still questionable with Barney carrying niggles and he seems to have lost his pace from all reports. Coupled with LD not bowling they'll need to bat well to win. With that said, AND even with the openers failing last game, I like the look of their new top order and think that it will do the job to carry them into a GF starting with a win this weekend – particularly if Corpy can get out of playing footy.

Manders Cricket Club played the bottom 4 sides in the final 4 rounds. Not an ideal preparation coming into finals, but you’ve still got to make the runs and that he has. The Party Boys will be riding high on the back of a thumping of HWCC and a monster total 2 weeks ago, but I think added pressure of a top side like Wash Ups will test them out and force them in to an elimination final next week. Manders’ suspect back will be the difference. He needs to bowl for them to win. Well done to Dave Machin on getting his spot back in the WP quest for redemption. Olson inclusion is a surprising one.
The Ommies did a number on the Uniting bats last round, but I don't think they'll have so easy this time around. This one for mine will be the game of the weekend. My money is on Slim Tim in game 301 to set up the win, but don’t discount Beckett who, in my opinion, is ready to stamp his name on Woolnough. Btw - Moose is surely due to make a dent in the 1,000 runs he was expecting to make in Wooly this year! Someone might need to mark the crease a bit brighter for him as he's been caught short of it in all post-Xmas dismissals.

Olson inclusion is a surprising one.

UM, I have no idea who the rest of the team is but i played against Jase in Rd 10 and he bowled well. He can bowl dont worry about that. I guess i should add that yes he did get me out (not much of a feat) and that I always have some biased for a fellow leggie.

Good Luck to all playing this weekend. Lets hope the weather does the right thing by everyone.

Verry sorey u feel that way JL, I rilly dont think you know what you want and what your sayin. I wood love to say you wil be sadly missed but unfoughtunatlee I carnt see what you bring to the foroom, have a good daye mr langer.

Good luck to all those particypating in finels this weekend :))
The sad moment when you can't spell finals.

UM, I have no idea who the rest of the team is but i played against Jase in Rd 10 and he bowled well. He can bowl dont worry about that. I guess i should add that yes he did get me out (not much of a feat) and that I always have some biased for a fellow leggie.

Good Luck to all playing this weekend. Lets hope the weather does the right thing by everyone.

I should clarify, Army. Had my suspicions he was a spinner and figured on the back of Bunter's post that Heywood may not bowl as much this weekend. What's surprising is picking a player who has bowled 24 overs in 3 games of Quiney Shield to replace Heywood who has picked up 28 wickets @ 12 in Wooly. Haven't seen Olson, but 9 wickets @ 9.5 is an impressive record to start off with. I can't think of a quality leggy in Woolnough so I look fwd to seeing him send a few down.

And JL, surely you knew Brett was having a laugh with that post...?

Nice previews boys. I feel Carnegie South will go alot closer than most people think, the key to this game is Surridge, you know what you will get with lalor and the like, chubbs is a proven wickettaker in big games, my feeling is if he doesn't take a bag the spiders may make enough runs to make a game of it. The spiders bowling is the most consistent and rounded in longy and the battle between the best bowling side v's best batting side should be a cracker. Still tipping uniting though.
The boys club should account for the heath particular if they bat first, few of the younger heath players will be put under emmense pressure if chasing on sunday, although still think esbc are light on bowlers. The key to this game is shiroman. Tip esbc
Manders v's Sharks. Sharks should win, a team will always beat a man. the key is a no brainer Manders.
Omega should be too strong for units twos, BTW great effort by uniting twos for making to march
Good luck to all concerned

My tips for the finals are

Spiders - Although they have been doing whatever it takes to win games (and doing that well), I think that they still have plenty of improvement in them and they will double clutch and move to the next gear this weekend. This is the weekend where their bats will deliver.

Golfers - OK, so ESBC have finals experience, and that does count, but, for whatever reason, they have been travelling on 3 cylinders lately. I think the momentum is with the Golfers and they will be super keen to get a Longy finals win under their belt. If they can keep their excitement focused, the Golfers will get over the line.

It's time for a changing of the guard.

Turn and face the strange
Ch-ch-changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n' rollers
- D Bowie

Back