Cmca 2012/13

I'll bite. Would love to know where you were hiding??? Up a tree? ... At the end of day we are focusing on this week. End of story. It's gonna be a good game. Looking forwarding to it.

I don't mind playing the game... It's an even game.. Anyone can win on the day. I'm sure south will be very prepared.. And it will be a good game. And I'm sure the source is as good as my broken hand... There is no fav or under dog. Two teams that are very even that get to play off for a grand final spot.... That's the story here. Will be a good game. The 22 players that walk out will all be prepared and this lead to a cracker of game.. Come 6 o'clock Sunday may the best team win.

2nd Semi Final Preview

Uniting over ANA just (I expect the Royals to be in this one all the way as Biggsy and Dolman have had quality seasons and their attacking structures have left many a team in their wake. One cannot go past Uniting’s depth however, and any Batting order that boasts Richards, Russell, Lalor and Manders should be unbeatable at this level. If Uniting win the toss and put the runs on the board I suspect the margin could be greater, but runs on the board of over 200 by ANA will see Glen Lalor experience a few nervous moments. Big names always step up in finals, so I will look for key contributions from Ash Russell and Chubbs).

1st Semi Final Preview

Spiders over Elwood just (I want to tip Elwood, but Carnegie have proved me wrong too often so I will not. Something tells me this will be very close though as the Beach Boys possess the ‘Spin Twins’ that could turn the game in their favour. The neutrality of Packer Park may also be a factor and it is a pitch that gives the pacemen little, but the spinners a bit, so unless Lewis or Perera can get set, I reckon the Spiders may struggle to post a competitive score. Still, Carnegie have arguably the most disciplined bowling attack in the competition and Rudy Schleiger took a ‘six for’ last time these two met, so I will side with the Red and Black Army by a whisker. Could be a typical Semi where 150 or so is defended. Tommy Lewis to be best afield).

Semi Final Review

2/2 as results went the way of the favourites. Uniting flexed their muscles and showed the Cricketing world why they are the premier side in the CMCA winning with ease. As expected Chubbs was the destroyer with the ball capturing a'Michelle' and even though ANA posted a reasonable total thanks to Biggsy and Matty Lloyd, Richards and Lalor were equally adept as Uniting cruised to victory.

The Spiders ended up defending a typically competitive but low semi finals total thanks a disciplined effort with the ball from Messers Handley, Collison and Perera. There is no doubt they are a well drilled unit and should push ANA all the way this week. As for Elwood, a reasonable season from the Beach Boys, but another quality batsman is required if they are to match it with the competition heavyweights.

Preliminary Final Preview

Spiders over ANA just (I am officially on the Carnegie Sth bandwagon and I suspect they may find themselves at the 'big dance' for the first time in Longmuir History. Of course the key factor is how they will handle one of the competition's premier batsmen in Bill Biggs. I reckon' Biggsy almost holds the outcome of this contest on his own bat. If he get 50 plus ANA probably win. I just feel that the disciplined bowling of Handley, Collison and Schleiger will choke ANA and force them into poor shot selection. Tommy Lewis and Gihan Perera may still have to make a reasonable contribution with the bat, but the Spiders and the best drilled unit in the competition and should just get home).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Bentleigh ANA vs Carnegie South - truly a flip of the coin. If Biggs has a few less passengers, then ANA will be hard to beat and batting first with runs on the board, the demons of yesteryear might see the Spiders fold like a cheap suit. But I just feel like I've been underrating this Spiders outfit for too long and that this will be their moment. A fantastic achievement for Bruce & the club if they are able to salute.

Moorabbin West vs Bentleigh Uniting - hard to pick any side that allows Cal Wilkinson to take 7 wickets! I sincerely hope I'm wrong as I'd like to see the Westars get up and honour the late Brian Shaw, but Tim Brisbane is in a rich vein of form and good starts are crucial in finals cricket. I also fear the opening bowling combination may be a bit burnt out which leaves Wallace and the underbowled Harcourt a job of finding the extra overs they're not used to bowling. 176 overs since Xmas and only 4 wickets in the last 2 games suggests the MW openers are struggling and in hot conditions it won't get any easier for them. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and Forbes is due so it should be a belter.

Bentleigh Uniting vs Omega - Omega had a scare last week after looking like cruising into a Prelim. Woods needs to step up and take wickets. Harris will be the key to Uniting's fortunes and if he gets a score then the Unit's can win it. However, I think Omega have enough across the board to pinch the win.

East Sandringham vs Shamrock - Boys Club have lost 2 on the trot after a string of wins. This is where they turn it around. Bailey to score big and big Sherwin to weave his magic.

Melbourne Hellenic vs Hampton Central - one wonders if there are players for MHCC that play footy for a team on Rathmines Rd during the winter. Same heritage and the same penchant for finishing high on the ladder, but failing to get the job done. Sadly I think it'll be straight sets for the coffee grinders.

Elwood vs Omega - Ommies on fire last week bowling out United for 30odd. Won't have it as easy, but expect another finals win.

Bentleigh Uniting vs Aspendale Gardens - Unit's to go 2 from 3 in the Prelims. Could be a huge weekend at Centenary Park next week.

Mackie vs Southside - Bit of controvery over Southside having played 2 players that only played 2 games through the season and one having a big impact on the result last weekend. By Law 3.6.7 & 3.6.8 suggest they are well within their rights to do so, but Sunday will be the end of the road for them.

Melbourne Hellenic vs Highett West - perfect weekend to bust out the coconut oil, roll up the pants and sleeves and get that tan looking sweet for end of season celebrations on Sunday night. HW off to the big dance.

Longy.
Spiders in a close game, as it seems every game they play is a tight contest. They rely less on individuals than ANA and have total faith in their game plan. Great effort by Bruce, Collo and the other leaders at the club. ANA have been great this year, and this result is a toss of the coin.

Wooly.
Uniting. They seem to have reached top form at the right time of year. The Westars are a good unit, and neither side will come away with an easy win.

Quiney.
Us. We did stumble a bit last week, but managed to get over the line.

D Grade.
Shamrock in a bit of an upset.

E Grade.
Hellenic.

F Grade.
Bluey's boys played awesome cricket last week in all facets. They should continue in that winning vein.

G Grade.
Aspendale Gardens.

H Grade.
Southside.

I Grade.
Highett West.

Longmuir Shield
Carnegie South
Woolnough Shield
Bentleigh Uniting
Quiney Shield
Omega
D Grade
East Sandringham
E Grade
Melbourne Hellenic
F Grade
Omega
G Grade
Aspendale Gardens
H Grade
Southside
I Grade
Highett West

ANA are gone. 2 runs an over required. Spiders don't deserve a crack at Uniting if they can't get those. Biggs involved in run outs at crucial times in consecutive weeks. Costly.
Game on in Wooly. Runs on the board should be enough, but would be more confident with Botts in the attack. Harcourt the surprise package tomorrow.
Again, I like runs on the board, though the Ommies chased a similar target last week and they are facing a 3rd string attack.
Boys Club will get 140odd comfortably.

What happened Biggsy ,maybe u put to much emphasis on been uniting in the big dance instead of paying more respect to Carnegie .Lucky not to be reported last week but got put in the book today .Good win for spiders but to much arrogance shown by ANA, especially in last round of season against the same team .

Would any of the Uniting supporters care to expand on the disgraceful incident that occured at Mackie? Without doubt one of the worst incidents since the infamous brawl at Widdop many years ago.
Unfortunately for many supporters, finals time equates to idiocy. It is time for the Executive to ban supporters bringing their own grog to the ground. If they don't do anything then the council will step in and the party will be over for all concerned.

Barring a Gastric outbreak at Centenary Park Uniting will absolutely romp in the Longmuir Grand Final.
Leroy is going to have a game on his hands and the Cowboys will be praying for a Uniting win. This is going to be a very good match. Two hard fought wins for Uniting will hold them in good stead and I am tipping them to make it a very big night at Centenary next Sunday.

Uniting to make it a hat trick in Quiney and seek some revenge against the Beach Boys for their second semi final loss. People will mistaken celebrations on Sunday at Centenary to an Iranian Festival with all the medals that will be flashing around.

Would any of the Uniting supporters care to expand on the disgraceful incident that occured at Mackie? Without doubt one of the worst incidents since the infamous brawl at Widdop many years ago.
Unfortunately for many supporters, finals time equates to idiocy. It is time for the Executive to ban supporters bringing their own grog to the ground. If they don't do anything then the council will step in and the party will be over for all concerned.

Barring a Gastric outbreak at Centenary Park Uniting will absolutely romp in the Longmuir Grand Final.
Leroy is going to have a game on his hands and the Cowboys will be praying for a Uniting win. This is going to be a very good match. Two hard fought wins for Uniting will hold them in good stead and I am tipping them to make it a very big night at Centenary next Sunday.

Uniting to make it a hat trick in Quiney and seek some revenge against the Beach Boys for their second semi final loss. People will mistaken celebrations on Sunday at Centenary to an Iranian Festival with all the medals that will be flashing around.

The quality of the cricket should be the focus as it was a ripper game. Score line does not do justice to how tight this was. Several times MW looked out of it but a great knock by Schrier and some suburb late inning hitting from Cross saw them post a competitive score. BUCC bats dug in but found the going tough against a disciplined bowling unit. Was neck and neck all day. Good hard cricket with plenty of needle and when C. Manakis was out West might have even had their nose in front. However a brilliant knock under pressure from Cleary got the BUCC home with a few overs to spare.

However what happened late on day one needs some comment. An absolutely shameful effort from this individual who has form for this type of thing. At the time I thought it was poor effort by other by MW supporters not do more to control this clown but to be fair he was out of control and would likely turn on them. Finally someone did drag him away and credit to him.

Started as an unprovoked attack on a club and CMCA legend that as usual was acting in a volunteer capacity as a scorer. He then assaulted a 15 year kid. And a small 15 year old at that. Made multiple attempts to engage others but in going for the trifecta head butted someone who was neither a pensioner nor a child. Thug lost big time and was sat fair on his ar$e. That was just the start of it with threats of violence and retribution against anyone and everyone.

Remember this is public park used by local residents not just cricketers. There is a kids playground, BBQs, walking track and tennis and bowling clubs nearby. A poor advertisement for the CMCA. I hope club and competition take a stand and send a message that this type of crap is just not on.

Game at Packer must have been an absolute beauty and credit to both sides. Gutsy effort from ANA to almost pinch it. Plenty of needle in that one to I hear. News reached Mackie Road that South was cruising a but a couple of “questionable” LBW calls turned the game?

Uniting to make it a hat trick in Quiney and seek some revenge against the Beach Boys for their second semi final loss.

Can't see Uniting getting up in Quiney. Might have a little bias towards Elwood, but with three big ins (Cosmas, S. Murphy and Bayer) and C Phillips' shoulder healed, the Beach Boys look even stronger than the semi. Uniting have a strong side, but Elwood's is stronger

Back