Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Short and Fast;409680 said:
looks like there are some sour grapes about warrenmarmo leaving north. i say get over it, the club is bigger than one individual, if he is so bad, you should be happy he is gone, specially cos they will get relegated anyway. we hear enough of poor north, era of dominance is over, get used to it. stop whinging

Sounds like you've hit the nail square on the head S&F:rolleyes: That confirms one detail - Albury Vs Nth Albury will be one heated battle!!
Marmo will require his extra thick skin, in most games, especially after his 'broadside' to rival CAW Clubs in the paper...Will believe that Nths era of dominance is over when I see it, somehow, they always end up at the top end of the table! It's got to be the culture at Nth...just wish their footy team would replicate it:p Saw New City had a centre wicket hit out today...thought I would sneak a peek and see how Grandads Army was rolling, they looked all right and had a couple of sharp bowlers, skinny dark haired bloke they we're calling Baird? was very sharp. Might have to take back my 'Grandad's Army' sledge as they had plenty of young blokes in the mix:confused: On the ladders, I reckon we are being a bit harsh on Kiewa in District, they have a side that is very competitive, only trouble they have is that if Ash doesn't make runs they are in trouble, has Kiewa got any new recruits? If so, I reckon a top five finish.

do u mean baude? if so pretty sharp but a very long run up and tires quickly. kiewa will finish in the top four if ash fires and spider martin hangs around their young guys lack the discipline to apply pressure with the ball, marmo will do well if everyone else makes runs so there's no pressure on him, abit of pressure and he will fail like he always does. Look for the era of lavi to start, nth bowlers starting to struggle can't rely on the batsmen to win every game for .

century maker;409704 said:
do u mean baude? if so pretty sharp but a very long run up and tires quickly. kiewa will finish in the top four if ash fires and spider martin hangs around their young guys lack the discipline to apply pressure with the ball, marmo will do well if everyone else makes runs so there's no pressure on him, abit of pressure and he will fail like he always does. Look for the era of lavi to start, nth bowlers starting to struggle can't rely on the batsmen to win every game for .

That would be him...definately had the long run up! I guess if you're generating that kind of heat you're going to tire quickly, perhaps he needs Cupido and Baker to get in his ear and talk about variation...although for my liking, If you have a bloke capable of putting wheels on them with a new ball I would be happy for him to burn it up for 3-4 overs snagg a couple of earlies and bring him back once he's had a chance to recover and do it all again, would definately need his bowling partner to spot it up and hit the lines though. East Albury aparently has a couple of Pommies back?

left armers rule;409761 said:
I love the way people turn a simple comment into something personal.

I actually commend Marmo for leaving a strong club and taking on such a huge challenge, and his comments in last weeks paper were exactly what he should be saying.....so a big well done! The point is, when you become an A grade captain, the position comes with more responsibility then just tossing the coin and setting a field. You become the captain and face of the club, a club that has a lot of juniors that look up to such a position within the club. So whether you like it or not, when you take on the role you have to set club standards, and making dumb comments on a public forum bagging a potential sponsor is exactly that, dumb.

From what I gather speaking to a couple of guys, there are no sour grapes at all....they have Jones back and a good junior to take the gloves.

'Era of dominance is over, get used to it' jez mate I think you need to realise this is a country cricket competition, not the Ashes! Obviously North are the Collingwood of the CAW.....LOL

alright enuf talking bout marmo lets talk bout this weekends matches whose winning and how will the wickets play with all this rain thats been round?

Love the Game;409745 said:
That would be him...definately had the long run up! I guess if you're generating that kind of heat you're going to tire quickly, perhaps he needs Cupido and Baker to get in his ear and talk about variation...although for my liking, If you have a bloke capable of putting wheels on them with a new ball I would be happy for him to burn it up for 3-4 overs snagg a couple of earlies and bring him back once he's had a chance to recover and do it all again, would definately need his bowling partner to spot it up and hit the lines though. East Albury aparently has a couple of Pommies back?

Did hear a while back that both the Hockin brothers will b at East again this season,think its Ash and Sam could b them?

Love the Game;409700 said:
Sounds like you've hit the nail square on the head S&F:rolleyes: That confirms one detail - Albury Vs Nth Albury will be one heated battle!!
Marmo will require his extra thick skin, in most games, especially after his 'broadside' to rival CAW Clubs in the paper...Will believe that Nths era of dominance is over when I see it, somehow, they always end up at the top end of the table! It's got to be the culture at Nth...just wish their footy team would replicate it:p Saw New City had a centre wicket hit out today...thought I would sneak a peek and see how Grandads Army was rolling, they looked all right and had a couple of sharp bowlers, skinny dark haired bloke they we're calling Baird? was very sharp. Might have to take back my 'Grandad's Army' sledge as they had plenty of young blokes in the mix:confused: On the ladders, I reckon we are being a bit harsh on Kiewa in District, they have a side that is very competitive, only trouble they have is that if Ash doesn't make runs they are in trouble, has Kiewa got any new recruits? If so, I reckon a top five finish.

Kiewa for me will be around the mark again.
Possibly lose Spider Martin but get Kel Bailey and also i wouldnt b surprised to see Josh and Jase Bartel playing in a higher grade this season either.
Be interesting to see how the younger guys that played A Grade last season go this yr with that xtra yr of experience.

wat else is news with albury anyone know? have they lost anyone besides patrick plummer and garry elliot?
i dont think patty plummer is a loss for albury with all the young blokes there i think hes drinking and off field antics are not what those young blokes need to be around but gary elliott is a loss with all there young bowlers such as aaron morrision brad thompson justing whiting and kall griffiths i think they wouldve come on and leaps and bounds. on another note what was the go with north albury getting bowled out by belvoir at a barton park belter. and is b philliphs the best t20 player around this area always seems to make runs

did alburys young spinner end up anywere? played against him last season bowled really well... i heard he was at belvoir or somewhere?

I think u will find that albury didn't have a spinner last year mate only had a part timer and that was clint gilson it might of been north albury u were thinking of with young akeroyd or David Farrell

i dont think patty plummer is a loss for albury with all the young blokes there i think hes drinking and off field antics are not what those young blokes need to be around but gary elliott is a loss with all there young bowlers such as aaron morrision brad thompson justing whiting and kall griffiths i think they wouldve come on and leaps and bounds. on another note what was the go with north albury getting bowled out by belvoir at a barton park belter. and is b philliphs the best t20 player around this area always seems to make runs

arnt albury tryin to win games tho? i think ull find pat plummer was their best bat an if u lose ur best bat how do u win games? from what i saw last year he and tim creed i think it was were the only 2 that made any scores. im guessin concrete boots ur an albury man sorry if i have upset u.

no
I think u will find that albury didn't have a spinner last year mate only had a part timer and that was clint gilson it might of been north albury u were thinking of with young akeroyd or David Farrell

it was against albury at bilson an it wasnt clint gilson cos i hit him for several fours of the 1 or 2 overs he bowled but oh well.....

well another round of hit and giggle....maybe the weather will be fine??? So any upset on the cards?/ I would have thought that Raiders losing was a upset but in the end it's a sloggers game. Also I have noticed alot of teams playing kids which is good. Let the real stuff begin.............................

arnt albury tryin to win games tho? i think ull find pat plummer was their best bat an if u lose ur best bat how do u win games? from what i saw last year he and tim creed i think it was were the only 2 that made any scores. im guessin concrete boots ur an albury man sorry if i have upset u.

as an outsider looking in Albury will be ok this year they have recruited well they mabe young and yes marmo will have some pressure on him but they have got Mannas coaching gilly and brad weeding as his assistants so marmo has got alot of experience there to help him. They will surprise alot of people this year as they will be young and enthusiastic i watched them last week against wodonga if not for all the wides they bowled they were right in the game expect the unexpected from Albury this year.

Back