Cricket Albury/wodonga

Was there anything wrong with Xaviers pitch? 16 wickets in a day

With all the wet weather that was around last week I'm sure there would have been a few wickets that would have been a little bit underprepared on the weekend. This week isn't looking any better either!

With all the wet weather that was around last week I'm sure there would have been a few wickets that would have been a little bit underprepared on the weekend. This week isn't looking any better either!

Understandably too.
Does anyone know the result of the bunton park pitch issue that was in the paper?

My top six is

St pats
Wodonga
Belvior
Tallangatta
North
Lavington

Well done to Raiders on holding out Belvoirs bid for outright victory yesterday. Makes for a ripping two final rounds. I still think the loser of Albury vs Lavington this round will be the unlucky one to miss out.

Well done to Raiders on holding out Belvoirs bid for outright victory yesterday. Makes for a ripping two final rounds. I still think the loser of Albury vs Lavington this round will be the unlucky one to miss out.
Given how close the comp is points wise, Belvoir really blew the chance for outright by batting for way too long. This is another example why there is simply no tactical skills in 2 day cricket. Captains just don't have the jewels to back themselves in and go for more outrights. And yes, well done to the Raiders for holding on!

Given how close the comp is points wise, Belvoir really blew the chance for outright by batting for way too long. This is another example why there is simply no tactical skills in 2 day cricket. Captains just don't have the jewels to back themselves in and go for more outrights. And yes, well done to the Raiders for holding on!
Yeah they could have been sitting in the top 2 had it not been for some aggence . Watched them bat on saturday and they don't like running. The only time they did push hard was when Spitta came to bat. Well done Raiders batting it out and from what I've been told Belvoir were very cranky about it. Also heard that they might have some players missing this week. I'm upto sledging but when you start saying your a c..t that's not on. When it was giving back they didn't like it. It will be a good battle for final spots.

I heard through the grape vine that the plan was to make 500 and win outright endding up with 20pts for the game, just a touch arrogant I would have thought if that is correct, maybe better to play the game and let nature take its course , but have to say was a great effort by the Raiders and if its true what was said to a 17 year old well the comp has more issues than a damp run up or two....... Proud of J.Barret for standing up to the abuse well done mate.

Would he have copped a mouth full of Jaensch?
If so I've heard it's not the first time, from all reports he goes a mile over the line

Hey Mick Donalds is it true he copped 3 games with 2 suspended. Maybe it might wake a few up if true.
Huge game North V Belvoir this round. I'm sure there will be plenty of fireworks.
Raiders already looking forward to next season and a few familar faces may return.

Hey Mick Donalds is it true he copped 3 games with 2 suspended. Maybe it might wake a few up if true.
Huge game North V Belvoir this round. I'm sure there will be plenty of fireworks.
Raiders already looking forward to next season and a few familar faces may return.
I don't think there will be too much fireworks BGDR. A precedent has been set if now with a suspension being handed down.
Care to shed some light on who the familiar faces that may be returning are.

I don't think there will be too much fireworks BGDR. A precedent has been set if now with a suspension being handed down.
Care to shed some light on who the familiar faces that may be returning are.

Wait and see it's a long way off until next season. But it will depend on CAW on what way they go with how many teams in Pro.
Can someone explain what happened with Jeansch ? He got let off against St Pats but was brought back to face the same charge but with new evidences. I thought he got reported against Raiders ?
Hopefully they will learn by this and just play cricket and stop being bullies. North will bat first and make 400 and bowl them out for not much. After a delay due to sticky wicket. Hahaha just kidding.

Wait and see it's a long way off until next season. But it will depend on CAW on what way they go with how many teams in Pro.
Can someone explain what happened with Jeansch ? He got let off against St Pats but was brought back to face the same charge but with new evidences. I thought he got reported against Raiders ?
Hopefully they will learn by this and just play cricket and stop being bullies. North will bat first and make 400 and bowl them out for not much. After a delay due to sticky wicket. Hahaha just kidding.
Surely a Coach who can draw some players or get some past players back would be the number one priority.

One round to go and it looks like the top 6 is set. Gonna be a cracking last round as a loss to any teams in the top 6 could see them dropping a couple of spots. Association Batting awards are also very close as is the Champion Player. Best of luck to everyone this weekend

Will North finish on top after playing Raiders this round? Will Belvoir continue there slide down the ladder? You don't want to go into the finals losing games .
I still tipping a Talllanagatta V North grand final. Yes it's the closet finals series in a long time but that's good for cricket. The district is the same and I'm tipping Dederang . All the best in the final round .

North scored 3/662 off 68 overs against the Raiders.......that must be some kind of record albeit over two innings? If they bowl right on the day, they are a real chance this year!

Who is everyone tipping for first week of finals,
My tips are
Tallangatta to beat Lavington,
North Albury to beat St Pats
Wodonga To beat Belvoir,
Should be a cracking finals series as anyone in the 6 can win it on there day

Back