Cricket Albury/wodonga

Good to see Raiders being pro-active.. Marmo must be the right man for the job.

How many clubs are getting an import? Tallangatta - Yes
Wodonga - yes
Lavington - yes
Raiders - yes
East - ???
St Pats - not sure but they usually get one?
North - obviously chasing one.
New city - ?? haven't heard anything about them this winter
Albury - ??
Belvior - ??

New city are getting 2 imports
Albury are trying for one also
Belvoir have Nat Sariman's ex team mate from canberra coming over.
East will need 2 to stay competitive.

I know there are still to come some big movements from a albury based club to a wodonga side. If they do who knows.....

New city are getting 2 imports
Albury are trying for one also
Belvoir have Nat Sariman's ex team mate from canberra coming over.
East will need 2 to stay competitive.

I know there are still to come some big movements from a albury based club to a wodonga side. If they do who knows.....

Any clues? Albury Based Side narrows it down to about five or six clubs?

Yeah our pom has fallen through. Other then trying to get another we've picked up none but still waiting for a few answers.

Hearing Raiders have signed a few more... 2 imports I'm hearing plus a full year from Griffiths, Warren-Marmo and the 2 clarks should see them improve considerably.
Maybe fill us in on whats going on at raiders..... seems the wood work is a little rattled

Maybe fill us in on whats going on at raiders..... seems the wood work is a little rattled

Wouldn't have a clue what's going on at raiders. All i know is that they've picked up few recruits as we played marmo a few weeks back in footy.
One thing I will throw out there now David Farrell will have a massive year training the house down at present. Easily best bat in the comp when he's focused

Wouldn't have a clue what's going on at raiders. All i know is that they've picked up few recruits as we played marmo a few weeks back in footy.
One thing I will throw out there now David Farrell will have a massive year training the house down at present. Easily best bat in the comp when he's focused
Who you play footy for? Farrell could be the best bat in the Comp if it wasn't for his love of beer and fast women

Time frames seem a bit wrong if you play for jindera you played marmo over 6 weeks ago and griffiths and the two clark brothers had not signed then... so you know marmo better than we think

Time frames seem a bit wrong if you play for jindera you played marmo over 6 weeks ago and griffiths and the two clark brothers had not signed then... so you know marmo better than we think

Yeah mate know him very well actually played in a premiership with him at north in 09. We keep in touch. As you do with premiership teammates

Yeah mate know him very well actually played in a premiership with him at north in 09. We keep in touch. As you do with premiership teammates

I asked a mate who plays in the hume league to find out which north north premiership player from 08/09 premiership win plays at jindera. he said no one. he said the only one who plays footy at all in the hume leauge was brendan simmonds and farrell used to for a little bit. so your not speaking the truth.

I asked a mate who plays in the hume league to find out which north north premiership player from 08/09 premiership win plays at jindera. he said no one. he said the only one who plays footy at all in the hume leauge was brendan simmonds and farrell used to for a little bit. so your not speaking the truth.

Guess you'll never know will you. Not many people speak the truth on here so just trying to fit in. ☺

It ain't that far to the season starts and teams will be getting more numbers at training once footy finishes. Just wondering if numbers will down again this year? There was a few clubs last struggling with lower grade numbers. Just wondering if cricket is dying or does footy take up to much time in the summer? CAW should just play one dayers in district and only have 2 c grade division combines between district and provinical. Not sure the old stubborn heads would like that but it's the only way to keep numbers and get's rid of the one week in one week out rule.

It is an interesting discussion, i believe more time needs to be put into young people staying with the sport. The amount of 18-25 year olds who leave the sport as they find, other pursuits is incredible. The amount of pressure placed on them to train during football season, in both our provincial football and district football leagues is ever increasing and shows a lack of touch with the summer/ winter sports which we all grew up with.

Have a div 3 prov and div 3 district. Clubs can't have two in one Comp until they have one in each.

Ditch the two day div 3 Comp as well. I know jnrs learn etc, but most of them have fielded all morning and then we want them to field all arvo.!!

There has always been a huge issue with 18-24yr olds leaving the game. In the end how many want to sit in 40degree heat when they could be out with there mates drinking frothies!!
I don't think the format will ever change that issue!!

Apparently there is no 1 day cricket in the senior grade this year, they obviously can't fit in one day games as well..
Are there too many teams in the comp I mean if there were 8teams you could potentially fit 6 one day games in the fixture?!

There has always been a huge issue with 18-24yr olds leaving the game. In the end how many want to sit in 40degree heat when they could be out with there mates drinking frothies!!
I don't think the format will ever change that issue!!

Apparently there is no 1 day cricket in the senior grade this year, they obviously can't fit in one day games as well..
Are there too many teams in the comp I mean if there were 8teams you could potentially fit 6 one day games in the fixture?!
Trouble is most arnt having frothies with mates their on internet gaming. I think alot of provincial clubs are putting in a side in district 2nds to get juniors playing on turf so should have that as 2 day comp. I know its a long day but most of us blokes used to do same, kids need to harden up.
Any more rumours on players? East looks to be struggling. Jones good pick up for barny, Murray Price looking to have big year with bat.

Trouble is most arnt having frothies with mates their on internet gaming. I think alot of provincial clubs are putting in a side in district 2nds to get juniors playing on turf so should have that as 2 day comp. I know its a long day but most of us blokes used to do same, kids need to harden up.
Any more rumours on players? East looks to be struggling. Jones good pick up for barny, Murray Price looking to have big year with bat.

Where do you reckon East Albury will end up this year? Barny picking a few up, title contenders?

Back