Cricket Albury/wodonga

is it true that the pitch was wet again at north albury? this would be the second time in two games! when north bat its good and the second week when they bowl its wet. and we have had no rain! this is cheating, hopefully the league strips them of their points. it is a disgrace.

is it true that the pitch was wet again at north albury? this would be the second time in two games! when north bat its good and the second week when they bowl its wet. and we have had no rain! this is cheating, hopefully the league strips them of their points. it is a disgrace.

Gee that's not good. Hey Mick what happened at Belvoirs game on the weekend? Guys didn't want to go back out in the heat.? Also is it true that Jensch could be heading home after christmas?
Raiders put up a better fight in the 2nd dig. I bet theres some guys still struggling today. Well done to every guy who had a crack in the heat.

Gee that's not good. Hey Mick what happened at Belvoirs game on the weekend? Guys didn't want to go back out in the heat.? Also is it true that Jensch could be heading home after christmas?
Raiders put up a better fight in the 2nd dig. I bet theres some guys still struggling today. Well done to every guy who had a crack in the heat.

both teams are very unhappy, both wanted to play on and get extra points but the umpires pulled the stumps up and called the game over. it wasnt even 40 degrees, something needs to happen, the points could be needed since the ladder is so close. disgusting by the umpires really.

no sure about jenschy, havent heard but i havent asked either? hope not, best bowler in the comp for mine.

From what I understand at North Albury the A grade game vs Albury the wicket it's self was fine the only soft parts were the creases which affected north anyway as there best bowler only bowled 3 overs, north made 3/150 on the same day,

Maybe it's bad batting and both teams are using a wet wicket as an excuse.

From what I understand at North Albury the A grade game vs Albury the wicket it's self was fine the only soft parts were the creases which affected north anyway as there best bowler only bowled 3 overs, north made 3/150 on the same day,

Maybe it's bad batting and both teams are using a wet wicket as an excuse.
Who is Norths best bowler ILW?
Is Farrell still in charge of curating or is somebody else doing the job?
Pretty poor by the umpires to call a game off especially when every run is going to help this year

Who is Norths best bowler ILW?
Is Farrell still in charge of curating or is somebody else doing the job?
Pretty poor by the umpires to call a game off especially when every run is going to help this year

Young Robbie Hartnett I would say,
Wouldn't be able to tell you who is curating,

I guess know one will know the answer to the belvior east game except them, maybe the umpires called it off for safety of the players

Young Robbie Hartnett I would say,
Wouldn't be able to tell you who is curating,

I guess know one will know the answer to the belvior east game except them, maybe the umpires called it off for safety of the players

Maybe the umpires were told if the game was finished and a outright wasn't possible to call the game off. No need for a hit and giggle in that heat. Yes points are important but so is player welfare.

I was not at the game between North's and Albury but spoke to a North's supporter
and he informed me that he thought North's should be in trouble over the state
of the wicket. Apparently it wasn't just the run ups one end of the wicket was very
damp to use his description.

I was not at the game between North's and Albury but spoke to a North's supporter
and he informed me that he thought North's should be in trouble over the state
of the wicket. Apparently it wasn't just the run ups one end of the wicket was very
damp to use his description.
I went to the game between north and Albury and had a look seems to me the wicket didn't play a roll at all in the wickets that I seen silly shots were to blame. couldn't of been a to bad of wicket if the other side can go out there and make 150 and one bloke get a 100

I went to the game between north and Albury and had a look seems to me the wicket didn't play a roll at all in the wickets that I seen silly shots were to blame. couldn't of been a to bad of wicket if the other side can go out there and make 150 and one bloke get a 100

I could be wrong here, but I don't that is the point. I think the point is the pitch week two was vastly different to the week one. To my understanding the pitch should be in the same condition. I'm not sure Albury are blaming the pitch or themselfs for the loss. I think that fact that it's got people talking means it wasn't up to scratch doesn't it?

I could be wrong here, but I don't that is the point. I think the point is the pitch week two was vastly different to the week one. To my understanding the pitch should be in the same condition. I'm not sure Albury are blaming the pitch or themselfs for the loss. I think that fact that it's got people talking means it wasn't up to scratch doesn't it?
Pretty sure the rules say playing conditions should be the same both weeks. Makes it hard for that to happen when one week you commence at 1pm and the next you start at 12. Wether the pitch was wet or not surely we should be starting the games at the same time both weeks.

Pretty sure the rules say playing conditions should be the same both weeks. Makes it hard for that to happen when one week you commence at 1pm and the next you start at 12. Wether the pitch was wet or not surely we should be starting the games at the same time both weeks.
You can't blame a wicket for poor shots and batsmen who don't want to do the hard yards and dig in

Ok just wondering if CAW would ask Beechworth or Corowa to join. The Wang comp is over loaded at the moment with all the Benalla teams that came in. Not sure if they want to expand Provincal but maybe a team could go down to district and make Wodonga and St Pats field 3 senior sides 4 at the most. A , B and C grade only. Try and even the playing field abit.

Ok just wondering if CAW would ask Beechworth or Corowa to join. The Wang comp is over loaded at the moment with all the Benalla teams that came in. Not sure if they want to expand Provincal but maybe a team could go down to district and make Wodonga and St Pats field 3 senior sides 4 at the most. A , B and C grade only. Try and even the playing field abit.
Corowa struggling in the Wang Comp. would be great to have a couple more Teams in as we may finally be able to get the Comp set in Divisions from Div 1 to Div 6. On another point how are the Platypus Balls holding up this Season and does anyone know how long the deal was signed for this time?

Happy New Year guys. Ok I'm tipping that the new year will start off with a bang with Raiders beating East !!!
Dederang to win District.
North V Tallangatta GF.
Sam OC to cut his hair and make 2 more tons.
CAW to make some shock decisions for next season. Make it only 50 overs games , clubs to have only 4 sides max and send a team to country week.

You can't blame a wicket for poor shots and batsmen who don't want to do the hard yards and dig in

Part timer, you miss the point the wicket is supposed to be in the same condition as it was in week 1. I have no connection with either team. My query is would this have occurred if north Albury were batting second? Bad sportsmanship?

You know enough is enough.......it has now become obvious that the Raiders are simply not good enough to compete in the top comp........there is no blaming the current players as they are doing the best they can, but there is no moving forward with this club........the Prov comp never looked as strong as it did when there were 8 teams a few years ago. Something has to be done though, and this is not a crack at anyone.......but lets make every game competetive!

Back