Cricket Albury/wodonga

Part timer, you miss the point the wicket is supposed to be in the same condition as it was in week 1. I have no connection with either team. My query is would this have occurred if north Albury were batting second? Bad sportsmanship?

From what I understand the wicket was fine, it was just the creases that were soft, also the provincial Comp did start an hr earlier,
I have also heard the umpires said the wicket was fine they were more concerned for the bowler

You know enough is enough.......it has now become obvious that the Raiders are simply not good enough to compete in the top comp........there is no blaming the current players as they are doing the best they can, but there is no moving forward with this club........the Prov comp never looked as strong as it did when there were 8 teams a few years ago. Something has to be done though, and this is not a crack at anyone.......but lets make every game competetive!

Yes you are right . I watched most of the game and the guys playing give 100% but they just aren't up to it. From what I've heard it's getting worse inhouse. Some players don't like the captain and won't under him. Some of those guys need to think about the club first. I bet there's players at every club who hate each other but whne you cross the white it doesn't matter. CAW have said to them hang in it will be ok but it won't . For a start not having a home ground this season has hurt them. It should be one of the premier grounds in the area but the footy club and council have more say. Don't be surpised if the captain quits. But if you want to go to 8 team comp one club has to drop out and who would that be ?

I wonder if this is still part of Marmos 3 year plan?
It's sad to see but they are just wasting everyone's time unfortunately.

It looks to be a real good start back from Christmas, with Tallangatta on the ropes against Albury.
Do North Albury have enough against Wodonga? I'd be expecting it to be a road at Bunton.
St pats to chase belviors 163 down
Lavington to go for an outright against new city

no team at this stage stands out to me to be flag favourites

Great comp, bar the obvious

Yes you are right . I watched most of the game and the guys playing give 100% but they just aren't up to it. From what I've heard it's getting worse inhouse. Some players don't like the captain and won't under him. Some of those guys need to think about the club first. I bet there's players at every club who hate each other but whne you cross the white it doesn't matter. CAW have said to them hang in it will be ok but it won't . For a start not having a home ground this season has hurt them. It should be one of the premier grounds in the area but the footy club and council have more say. Don't be surpised if the captain quits. But if you want to go to 8 team comp one club has to drop out and who would that be ?
Great to see Wodonga Raiders Bgrade will have a win on the weekend 3rd for the year positive signs

Last edited:
Just another point on north albury. apparently the next game at bunton north seconds batted day 1 and lavington batted day 2 on a wet pitch too! cheats.
Cheats is a very strong word there Mick especially coming from a club with history, again there you go flapping you gums when you were not even there and only have idol gossip to go on, behind the crease was the only wet part of the wicket so it only effected the Nth Albury bowlers and as such the umpires made no report and did spend a lengthy amount of time talking to the 2 cpts after the game and as far as im aware all parties were happy, maybe the Journos around here need to do some real journalistic work and research their stories before just going off 1/2 cocked and trying to sensationalize a non story.

Last edited:
i no that a mate of mine plays for the seconds at lavi and apparently your seconds captain gave them the option of not playing the second day? wich says to me that it was too wet to play on/bowl on. what do you have to say about that. please tell us why that within 4 weeks of cricket, your pitch has been rock hard on day 1 but wet on day 2 when you are bowling. there had been no rain around too! only one way to discribe it......cheating!

Belvoir obviously all of your players didn't go to spec savers to check their eyes because every delivery that beats the bat or hits the pad results In them all appealing for a wicket even at square leg. Have they ever heard the story about the boy they cried wolf?

the provisonal first grade draw, I know the draw is completed before the season but the team that gets to play wodonga Raiders twice would appear to get an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition. Perhaps the association should look at ways to eliminate this next season

Belvoir obviously all of your players didn't go to spec savers to check their eyes because every delivery that beats the bat or hits the pad results In them all appealing for a wicket even at square leg. Have they ever heard the story about the boy they cried wolf?
Hahaha so true. It get's a bit silly after awhile. Plus I've seen better appeals on Judge Judy.
In regards to the draw I think North maybe the only team to play them twice. So maybe a draw which they only play each other once or just 50 over games each week and then you could play each team twice. That would take the outright win out of the game.
Ok I've heard a bit was said on 2AY by Naughtin about Raiders. I've heard it has upset a few of the boys but if it's the truth so be it. Not sure what he said but could anyone shed some light on it.

Hahaha so true. It get's a bit silly after awhile. Plus I've seen better appeals on Judge Judy.
In regards to the draw I think North maybe the only team to play them twice. So maybe a draw which they only play each other once or just 50 over games each week and then you could play each team twice. That would take the outright win out of the game.
Ok I've heard a bit was said on 2AY by Naughtin about Raiders. I've heard it has upset a few of the boys but if it's the truth so be it. Not sure what he said but could anyone shed some light on it.
What was said ????? didnt hear the show saturday would be interested on others thoughts about what was said?

What does everyone think of scrapping two day cricket?
Funny they have a full season of it this year, & next season they don't want it at all.

im not sure about one dayers for kids coming through. we all like it cos its a hit and giggle and its over in a day. but for a kid coming through they may bat way down the order and only face oveers 45-50 and have to slog which isnt good for there development and may only bowl 1-2 overs if they are a bit expensive. were in 2 day cricket it may be a bit more forgiving. but maybe on the other hand it may attract more kids to play cos they wont stand in the sun all day. i dont know

im not sure about one dayers for kids coming through. we all like it cos its a hit and giggle and its over in a day. but for a kid coming through they may bat way down the order and only face oveers 45-50 and have to slog which isnt good for there development and may only bowl 1-2 overs if they are a bit expensive. were in 2 day cricket it may be a bit more forgiving. but maybe on the other hand it may attract more kids to play cos they wont stand in the sun all day. i dont know
I am not sure why you think 50 over cricket is hit and giggle, unless you have never played it for a season. It is far more tactical than just batting out 80 overs for the sake of it. You need to use your bowlers more carefully instead of the best bowlers bowling all day, and batsman need to actually pace themselves instead of just hanging around on roads like Bunton.
Have a look at the current comp, next to nol close games, and one dayers evens up the game. Not to mention it is the only way the comp can survive with 10 teams and it will stop the bullshit cheating claims that wickets are doctored!

I am not sure why you think 50 over cricket is hit and giggle, unless you have never played it for a season. It is far more tactical than just batting out 80 overs for the sake of it. You need to use your bowlers more carefully instead of the best bowlers bowling all day, and batsman need to actually pace themselves instead of just hanging around on roads like Bunton.
Have a look at the current comp, next to nol close games, and one dayers evens up the game. Not to mention it is the only way the comp can survive with 10 teams and it will stop the bullshit cheating claims that wickets are doctored!
Well siad GHG . Isn't funny hows there's more news about cricket now but it's more about the structure and what players whould like to see. Yes 50 over cricket would be the way to go and it would give kids a more of a go because the would get a bowl. Let's remember there's more to a club then just A Grade players. Maybe Ball is pissed that the didn't outright Raiders in a day and missed out on points. The big question to making it a 8 team comp is someoen else has to go out. Now what it if it was voted on before the end of this season and New City win a few games and East are sitting 9th. Would they go down? Come one CAW let's get it right because we all know cricket is dying with the numbers.

It appears we have 7 finals Contenders and of course only 6 play finals. Who does everyone think will drop out?
Gunna be very close, but Albury have the toughest run home and North get the Raiders game.......so I think Albury will drop out, but who knows......should be a ripper of a finals series and good to see the comp so even.

Gunna be very close, but Albury have the toughest run home and North get the Raiders game.......so I think Albury will drop out, but who knows......should be a ripper of a finals series and good to see the comp so even.
Albury certainly have a tough run home. I'm thinking The Round 9 game vs Lavington could see the loser right under the pump

Back