DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

100% BULL;294585 said:
Been a little quiet of late Della, yeah I'll be at Bundoora saturday night. Have you worked out wether you'll be at Whatmore Park or Plenty Park?

Been a very busy man lately mate. Why would i be at Whatmore Park?

Bundoora;295326 said:
[/B]

nothing to dramatic, he mentioned in his "say" that should the comp look at putting a limit on the number of "imports" a club can have. i think the ill informed part is the money being mentioned on offer, a long way from what Snow mentioned, not that it's anyones buisness.
i have no issue with the radio show having comments, it's a talking point within the comp & they have every right to discuss it but would be good to get both sides of the argument across , it would be good to get the thoughts of Peter BUGDEN from Lalor Staras, who started the ball rolling. Lalor stars i think will have 4 imports as of this week, there latest made a 100 in the ICL 20/20 a few weeks ago!!

if that's the path they need to go down good luck, talking to Keaysy they have not got a lot of depth at the minute and they feel that's the best way to have success, good luck to them.

i note that the main arguments are that it's a short term solution ( totally agree ) and clubs can't sustain success going down this path ( probably right, but time will be the judge if that ) we currently have two imports, although we have 2 indians, from asia, not native americans, who also play so from an outsiders perspective we must suddenly be paying 4 players from other countries, could be 5 if there mate who's just arrived is as good a bat as i think it is.

In closing , we pay 3 players, Myself, Dinesh & Ravindra & i pick the best side week in week out regardless of there country of birth.

As long as it doesn't end up like suburban footy, where the clubs with the biggest cheque book usually wins, I couldn't care less where any club gets their players from.

another_ton;291772 said:
10 out of 14, sounds a bit like the black vs white ratio!

i have seen you talking trash about bundoora on the c grade and below forum also, obviously just a very frustrated man hiding behind a computer screen?

Bubble Wrap;295389 said:
As long as it doesn't end up like suburban footy, where the clubs with the biggest cheque book usually wins, I couldn't care less where any club gets their players from.

Agreed . the day the dvca turns out like the nmca{jika} is the day i will go play else where .

CowCorner;294905 said:
Especially from someone that has a few different log ins......(yes as a Mod I know another_ton has a few) I doubt you should take him seriously.

I would hope that racism would be the last thing we would need to correct here in this comp in this day and age.

Lets cool down and respect all clubs and all players.

Although I am interested in what was said on the show last Sat by Snow? Any help?

nothing to dramatic, he mentioned in his "say" that should the comp look at putting a limit on the number of "imports" a club can have. i think the ill informed part is the money being mentioned on offer, a long way from what Snow mentioned, not that it's anyones buisness.
i have no issue with the radio show having comments, it's a talking point within the comp & they have every right to discuss it but would be good to get both sides of the argument across , it would be good to get the thoughts of Peter BUGDEN from Lalor Staras, who started the ball rolling. Lalor stars i think will have 4 imports as of this week, there latest made a 100 in the ICL 20/20 a few weeks ago!!

if that's the path they need to go down good luck, talking to Keaysy they have not got a lot of depth at the minute and they feel that's the best way to have success, good luck to them.

i note that the main arguments are that it's a short term solution ( totally agree ) and clubs can't sustain success going down this path ( probably right, but time will be the judge if that ) we currently have two imports, although we have 2 indians, from asia, not native americans, who also play so from an outsiders perspective we must suddenly be paying 4 players from other countries, could be 5 if there mate who's just arrived is as good a bat as i think it is.

In closing , we pay 3 players, Myself, Dinesh & Ravindra & i pick the best side week in week out regardless of there country of birth.

Bubble Wrap;295389 said:

very good point Shane, i can only speak for my club, but i know we spend less now than we have any other year in the last 10 years, if it starts to get to the point of stupidity, i'm sure the executive appointed to run our comp will knock it on the head.

Bundoora;295326 said:
[/B]

i would not hold my breathe waiting for zaheer to turn up but if he does than i guess keays will be playing seconds:D

fmr_13;294627 said:
I dont know how much truth there is to this rumour, but is it true that the imported srilankans ? lost their australian visas and were asked to go back home ?

none at all, they are on 6 month visas sponsored by us.
with a bit of luck Dinesh may stay permanently.

can't speak for the others, maybe a few of them played in the homeless world cup?

Bundoora;295326 said:
[/B]

another_ton;294669 said:
Doubt it, one of them got here when he didn't have one in the first place. Its all about who you know. As for 100% Bull a frustrated past president I doubt you'd be at your club on a Saturday night anyway. And having a go at my mate Snowy, maybe you should put your hand up and run the radio promoting our competition. Finally your little rant about racism, please.. Played against you enough to laugh at that comment mate.

that's right, he came over on the boat Mokbel left on:rolleyes:

Bubble Wrap;295389 said:

Agreed . the day the dvca turns out like the nmca{jika} is the day i will go play else where .

Bundoora;295421 said:

I should rephrase, he didn't arrive here without a visa but the method he gained it was extremely dubious if my sources are correct.

Bubble Wrap;295389 said:

very good point Shane, i can only speak for my club, but i know we spend less now than we have any other year in the last 10 years, if it starts to get to the point of stupidity, i'm sure the executive appointed to run our comp will knock it on the head.

another_ton;295451 said:
I should rephrase, he didn't arrive here without a visa but the method he gained it was extremely dubious if my sources are correct.
If you are so confident of your sources why don't you name names, or at least a Club?

If you are referring to any of our guys then your source is mis informed.

Guess your credibility gets less every time you post on this site.

Get back to the C grade forum!!

fmr_13;294627 said:
I dont know how much truth there is to this rumour, but is it true that the imported srilankans ? lost their australian visas and were asked to go back home ?

none at all, they are on 6 month visas sponsored by us.
with a bit of luck Dinesh may stay permanently.

can't speak for the others, maybe a few of them played in the homeless world cup?

THE PREZ;295453 said:
If you are so confident of your sources why don't you name names, or at least a Club?

C Grade?? If my memory serves me correctly thats where I last played against you, before you became president of course.

Where are you playing now again?? :rolleyes:

another_ton;294669 said:
Doubt it, one of them got here when he didn't have one in the first place. Its all about who you know. As for 100% Bull a frustrated past president I doubt you'd be at your club on a Saturday night anyway. And having a go at my mate Snowy, maybe you should put your hand up and run the radio promoting our competition. Finally your little rant about racism, please.. Played against you enough to laugh at that comment mate.

another_ton;295460 said:
C Grade?? If my memory serves me correctly thats where I last played against you, before you became president of course.

don't think for one second that he's playing "b" grade cos his president, if i had my way he'd be batting 8 and not bowling in the 5ths!!!

unfortunatey he's having a very good year and i can't drop him, but we still have 5 games to go!!

how about getting some hazel's, stop using multiple logons, as the moderator has confirmed, and give us all a spell, you don't like bundoora, big deal, your not in an army of one, but stop posting crap that has no basis of truth..

i'm happy to confirm or deny any question you may have, pm me your number or ring me.

p.s - did you play against me in "c" grade too??

Bundoora;295421 said:

Bundoora;295476 said:
don't think for one second that he's playing "b" grade cos his president, if i had my way he'd be batting 8 and not bowling in the 5ths!!!

unfortunatey he's having a very good year and i can't drop him, but we still have 5 games to go!!

how about getting some hazel's, stop using multiple logons, as the moderator has confirmed, and give us all a spell, you don't like bundoora, big deal, your not in an army of one, but stop posting crap that has no basis of truth..

i'm happy to confirm or deny any question you may have, pm me your number or ring me.

Not suggesting that at all, well aware of said president's popularity at the club and your relationship with him.

another_ton;295451 said:

another_ton;295499 said:
not suggesting that at all, well aware of said president's popularity at the club and your relationship with him.

Geez, now you've done it. Was trying to keep our relationship a secret...

Yes i am having a good year. Amazing what happens when the captain wakes up and bats me at 7 rather than 11.

THE PREZ;295453 said:

milo kerrigan;295392 said:

Yet again the import player issue comes up. This seems to me to be a contentious issue, only made so by indivduals having a disprportionate concern. Simply put I would argue that if it gets out of control then legislature from the DVCA could be the remedy, but I don't think we are there yet.

As for racism, all at my club know that this attitude will not be accepted. A similar response from all clubs, I am sure, would be forthcoming, if an issue arose (has not happened at my club but I have been proactive on this issue as I am sure other clubs have been for years)... Which I am sure we are largely free of. Surely we have the creativeness to sledge in more a articulate and imaginative way.

On the point of naming your club affiliation, I am from Lower Eltham, and proud of it. Do not lack the courage to be proud of your club. If you have this pride maybe you will temper your comments to align with your clubs ethos and not your individual sentiment... then again that is what forums are for.

I think all games this week will be interesting, but pretty much agree with cowcorner's predictions.

There is no productivity in attacking other clubs for opportunism or good planning, resulting in talented imprted players. Demographics dictate that this has greater chance in some clubs compared with others. However, with careful planning and consciencious work all clubs can bebfit from the influx of new talent.

another_ton;295460 said:

Thumbs up;295906 said:
Yet again the import player issue comes up. This seems to me to be a contentious issue, only made so by indivduals having a disprportionate concern. Simply put I would argue that if it gets out of control then legislature from the DVCA could be the remedy, but I don't think we are there yet.

As for racism, all at my club know that this attitude will not be accepted. A similar response from all clubs, I am sure, would be forthcoming, if an issue arose (has not happened at my club but I have been proactive on this issue as I am sure other clubs have been for years)... Which I am sure we are largely free of. Surely we have the creativeness to sledge in more a articulate and imaginative way.

On the point of naming your club affiliation, I am from Lower Eltham, and proud of it. Do not lack the courage to be proud of your club. If you have this pride maybe you will temper your comments to align with your clubs ethos and not your individual sentiment... then again that is what forums are for.

I think all games this week will be interesting, but pretty much agree with cowcorner's predictions.

There is no productivity in attacking other clubs for opportunism or good planning, resulting in talented imprted players. Demographics dictate that this has greater chance in some clubs compared with others. However, with careful planning and consciencious work all clubs can bebfit from the influx of new talent.

You agreeing with me!!! Who are you man, this does not happen.

Don't be to concered with the import v non import argument, sometimes people argue just for the sake of an argument and I doubt they actually really mean what they are saying.

You mention legislature, wow, doubt that sort of thing could ever be brought into an amatuer local sports competition. And hope not.

Bundoora;295476 said:

Not suggesting that at all, well aware of said president's popularity at the club and your relationship with him.

PremiersAgain;295059 said:

Just thought you may drop into your old club and wish them a merry christmas.

Merry Christmas.

another_ton;295499 said:
not suggesting that at all, well aware of said president's popularity at the club and your relationship with him.

Yes i am having a good year. Amazing what happens when the captain wakes up and bats me at 7 rather than 11.

another_ton;295460 said:

If your ability was as good as your memory you may have played 'A' grade against him in years gone by!:rolleyes:

milo kerrigan;295392 said:

CowCorner;294905 said:
Especially from someone that has a few different log ins......(yes as a Mod I know another_ton has a few) I doubt you should take him seriously.

Mutilpe login's, thats just not cricket:rolleyes:

Thumbs up;295906 said:

You agreeing with me!!! Who are you man, this does not happen.

Don't be to concered with the import v non import argument, sometimes people argue just for the sake of an argument and I doubt they actually really mean what they are saying.

You mention legislature, wow, doubt that sort of thing could ever be brought into an amatuer local sports competition. And hope not.

PremiersAgain;295059 said:

Just thought you may drop into your old club and wish them a merry christmas.

Merry Christmas.

100% BULL;296035 said:
CowCorner;294905 said:

WOW three consecutive postings. Is this a record Mod?
If so I've got nothing planned so I'll knock it off. Sank my last for the night:rolleyes:

another_ton;295460 said:

If your ability was as good as your memory you may have played 'A' grade against him in years gone by!:rolleyes:

Nawab of Pautadi;296314 said:
WOW three consecutive postings. Is this a record Mod? If so I've got nothing planned so I'll knock it off. Sank my last for the night[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that means, maybe you sunk your last a bit late there turbo?

:cool:

CowCorner;294905 said:

THE PREZ;295553 said:

You Bun boys having a love in. might have to pop down and grab those tickets off ya Pres seeing as your having such a good year.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back