DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

CowCorner;296319 said:
Nawab of Pautadi;296314 said:
WOW three consecutive postings. Is this a record Mod? If so I've got nothing planned so I'll knock it off. Sank my last for the night[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that means, maybe you sunk your last a bit late there turbo?

:cool:

What's going on with the posting times Mod? Would've thought that at time of last posting (as displayed) I was only on my first for the day. :confused:

100% BULL;296035 said:
CowCorner;294905 said:
Especially from someone that has a few different log ins......(yes as a Mod I know another_ton has a few) I doubt you should take him seriously.

Mutilpe login's, thats just not cricket:rolleyes:

WOW three consecutive postings. Is this a record Mod?
If so I've got nothing planned so I'll knock it off. Sank my last for the night:rolleyes:

Nawab of Pautadi;296354 said:
What's going on with the posting times Mod? Would've thought that at time of last posting (as displayed) I was only on my first for the day. :confused:

Not Australian Eastern Standard Time.

WOW three consecutive postings. Is this a record Mod? If so I've got nothing planned so I'll knock it off. Sank my last for the night[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that means, maybe you sunk your last a bit late there turbo?

CowCorner;295945 said:
You agreeing with me!!! Who are you man, this does not happen.

Don't be to concered with the import v non import argument, sometimes people argue just for the sake of an argument and I doubt they actually really mean what they are saying.

You mention legislature, wow, doubt that sort of thing could ever be brought into an amatuer local sports competition. And hope not.

Only thinking worst case scenario, it could be diasterous.

I will promise never to agree with you again if it makes you feel better.

THE PREZ;295553 said:
Geez, now you've done it. Was trying to keep our relationship a secret...

Yes i am having a good year. Amazing what happens when the captain wakes up and bats me at 7 rather than 11.

You Bun boys having a love in. might have to pop down and grab those tickets off ya Pres seeing as your having such a good year.

I

Thumbs up;296520 said:

Don't ever agree with cc again. He'll think he'll be Albert Einstein. His scon is big enough that you would think he has a large brain.

CowCorner;296319 said:

Thumbs up;295906 said:
Yet again the import player issue comes up. This seems to me to be a contentious issue, only made so by indivduals having a disprportionate concern. Simply put I would argue that if it gets out of control then legislature from the DVCA could be the remedy, but I don't think we are there yet.

As for racism, all at my club know that this attitude will not be accepted. A similar response from all clubs, I am sure, would be forthcoming, if an issue arose (has not happened at my club but I have been proactive on this issue as I am sure other clubs have been for years)... Which I am sure we are largely free of. Surely we have the creativeness to sledge in more a articulate and imaginative way.

On the point of naming your club affiliation, I am from Lower Eltham, and proud of it. Do not lack the courage to be proud of your club. If you have this pride maybe you will temper your comments to align with your clubs ethos and not your individual sentiment... then again that is what forums are for.

I think all games this week will be interesting, but pretty much agree with cowcorner's predictions.

There is no productivity in attacking other clubs for opportunism or good planning, resulting in talented imprted players. Demographics dictate that this has greater chance in some clubs compared with others. However, with careful planning and consciencious work all clubs can bebfit from the influx of new talent.

I think the only time we would have an issue with imports is if a club decides to pay truckloads of cash, buys about 8 of them and take the place of blokes who deserve a game in A grade. I don't think that will ever come to that.

Interesting round, tight one at Plenty, Riverside upsetting Mernda and Lower Eltham, even though it looked comfortable, from my sources it was far from it.

What happened at Macleod, because I noticed they only played 35 overs each. can anyone shed some light?

Nawab of Pautadi;296354 said:

Not Australian Eastern Standard Time.

CowCorner;295945 said:
You agreeing with me!!! Who are you man, this does not happen.

Don't be to concered with the import v non import argument, sometimes people argue just for the sake of an argument and I doubt they actually really mean what they are saying.

You mention legislature, wow, doubt that sort of thing could ever be brought into an amatuer local sports competition. And hope not.

Thumbs up;296520 said:

Don't ever agree with cc again. He'll think he'll be Albert Einstein. His scon is big enough that you would think he has a large brain.

The430king;296875 said:
What happened at Macleod, because I noticed they only played 35 overs each. can anyone shed some light?

Just looking at the score it looks pretty obvious - lower was all out in 35 overs and macleod chased their score with 5 overs left... another failure for arnburger, anyone know how he went out? is he not showing DVCA bowlers enough respect?

Thumbs up;295906 said:
Yet again the import player issue comes up. This seems to me to be a contentious issue, only made so by indivduals having a disprportionate concern. Simply put I would argue that if it gets out of control then legislature from the DVCA could be the remedy, but I don't think we are there yet.

As for racism, all at my club know that this attitude will not be accepted. A similar response from all clubs, I am sure, would be forthcoming, if an issue arose (has not happened at my club but I have been proactive on this issue as I am sure other clubs have been for years)... Which I am sure we are largely free of. Surely we have the creativeness to sledge in more a articulate and imaginative way.

On the point of naming your club affiliation, I am from Lower Eltham, and proud of it. Do not lack the courage to be proud of your club. If you have this pride maybe you will temper your comments to align with your clubs ethos and not your individual sentiment... then again that is what forums are for.

I think all games this week will be interesting, but pretty much agree with cowcorner's predictions.

There is no productivity in attacking other clubs for opportunism or good planning, resulting in talented imprted players. Demographics dictate that this has greater chance in some clubs compared with others. However, with careful planning and consciencious work all clubs can bebfit from the influx of new talent.

I think the only time we would have an issue with imports is if a club decides to pay truckloads of cash, buys about 8 of them and take the place of blokes who deserve a game in A grade. I don't think that will ever come to that.

Interesting round, tight one at Plenty, Riverside upsetting Mernda and Lower Eltham, even though it looked comfortable, from my sources it was far from it.

valleyboy;297103 said:
Just looking at the score it looks pretty obvious - lower was all out in 35 overs and macleod chased their score with 5 overs left... another failure for arnburger, anyone know how he went out? is he not showing DVCA bowlers enough respect?

Amazingly obvious actually, geez 430King, to many Bundoora handles yesterday, I know they are tasty but seem to be killing some brain cells buddy.

valleyboy;297103 said:

Is it possible to drop a bloke whose on 25 g's ??? :eek:

Has probably earned it.

Lower Eltham v Bundoora - Lower Eltham started well winning the first 2, the second game closely. Bundoora had a shocker in round 1 (AO68) but came back to easily defeat Plenty in Round 2. Lower Eltham have a decent batting line up and I would look for Gunny to hit a few and Whitcher as well, Bundooras bowlers will have to be on (as we know they can be) but I can't see Bundoora having the hitters to put on a reasonable score here and a win for Lower Eltham.

Cow Corner,

any chance of getting the caulfield winners for boxing day in advance, you were spot on about last saturday!!

The430king;296875 said:

101no;296333 said:
You Bun boys having a love in. might have to pop down and grab those tickets off ya Pres seeing as your having such a good year.

I
Sorry no tickets left .... got torn up Saturday. Bowled ordinary, dropped a catch and out for 2 :-(

valleyboy;297103 said:

Amazingly obvious actually, geez 430King, to many Bundoora handles yesterday, I know they are tasty but seem to be killing some brain cells buddy.

Well done to Luke Burgoyne, who, according to the DVCA website "ripped through" Bundoora on Saturday to take home career best BS figures of 6/67.

He's been doing a bit tough lately, hasn't been in great form, and I actually had a bit of a chat to him before the washed out first week of this round, tried to fire him up and motivate him a little bit.

I take no credit for his performance, but it seems that having an occasional H-grader tell a BS opening bowler that he's bowling pies and to start hitting the pitch with something resembling pace does wonders for the fire in the belly!

Another great win by Lower Eltham, again silencing the doubters who constantly bleat about them being "due" for a loss each week.

They haven't lost yet, have been cruelly denied a 100% record by rain in the second week against a Mernda side who were 8/50 odd and have developed a knack for getting themselves out some tight spots - a sign of a good team.

Congratulations to Poyz and the team on a fantastic start to the season!

The real challenge lies ahead, of course, so let's hope the boys keep up the great work into the New Year.

valleyboy;297103 said:

Is it possible to drop a bloke whose on 25 g's ??? :eek:

Has probably earned it.

Otis;297406 said:
I take no credit for his performance, but it seems that having an occasional H-grader tell a BS opening bowler that he's bowling pies and to start hitting the pitch with something resembling pace does wonders for the fire in the belly!.

Otis, A Mr Arnburger called and wants some tips to improve his batting, he has heard about all the work you have done and seems impressed.

Not long after that Mr Ponting wants you to speak to the team on Boxing Day......he requested you be in the mankini (dunno what that means mate?)

Then I received a call from a Mr Obama..........

(I am quiting now as I could go on with this forever......

Lower Eltham v Bundoora - Lower Eltham started well winning the first 2, the second game closely. Bundoora had a shocker in round 1 (AO68) but came back to easily defeat Plenty in Round 2. Lower Eltham have a decent batting line up and I would look for Gunny to hit a few and Whitcher as well, Bundooras bowlers will have to be on (as we know they can be) but I can't see Bundoora having the hitters to put on a reasonable score here and a win for Lower Eltham.

Cow Corner,

any chance of getting the caulfield winners for boxing day in advance, you were spot on about last saturday!!

CowCorner;297463 said:
Otis, A Mr Arnburger called and wants some tips to improve his batting, he has heard about all the work you have done and seems impressed.

Not long after that Mr Ponting wants you to speak to the team on Boxing Day......he requested you be in the mankini (dunno what that means mate?)

I've been flooded with offers after inspiring Burgs to a career best performance, one of which was from the people who run bigcricket....they've asked me to speak to a moderator who just isn't hitting the keyboard as hard as he used to....:D:D:D

101no;296333 said:

I
Sorry no tickets left .... got torn up Saturday. Bowled ordinary, dropped a catch and out for 2 :-(

Otis;297475 said:
I've been flooded with offers after inspiring Burgs to a career best performance, one of which was from the people who run bigcricket....they've asked me to speak to a moderator who just isn't hitting the keyboard as hard as he used to....:D:D:D

Can you also find out from the moderator what possesed him to put that horrible rinse through that abnormally large bonse he has got on his shoulders. Color at best is baby poo brown. There is not enough alcohol in the world to blame the booze for it. Also for Bundoora for wanting CC to predict the card at Caulfield on Boxing Day, if his poker game is anything to go by, you will be leaving the track empty handed.

Well done to Luke Burgoyne, who, according to the DVCA website "ripped through" Bundoora on Saturday to take home career best BS figures of 6/67.

He's been doing a bit tough lately, hasn't been in great form, and I actually had a bit of a chat to him before the washed out first week of this round, tried to fire him up and motivate him a little bit.

I take no credit for his performance, but it seems that having an occasional H-grader tell a BS opening bowler that he's bowling pies and to start hitting the pitch with something resembling pace does wonders for the fire in the belly!

Another great win by Lower Eltham, again silencing the doubters who constantly bleat about them being "due" for a loss each week.

They haven't lost yet, have been cruelly denied a 100% record by rain in the second week against a Mernda side who were 8/50 odd and have developed a knack for getting themselves out some tight spots - a sign of a good team.

The real challenge lies ahead, of course, so let's hope the boys keep up the great work into the New Year.

Otis;297406 said:

Totally agree with you about burgs. His spot could of been jeopardy if he hadn't taken a few on the weekend, with Roota taking 5 in the magoos. With Chrisso going down, he knew he had to stand up and lead the attack, and what a great way to respond. Back into contention for the medal and club Champion.

They seem to respond to any challenge thrown at them. They were in a bit of trouble a couple times and responded as good sides do. Well lead and confidence in the camp is sky high.

Otis;297406 said:
I take no credit for his performance, but it seems that having an occasional H-grader tell a BS opening bowler that he's bowling pies and to start hitting the pitch with something resembling pace does wonders for the fire in the belly!.

Bundoora;295397 said:
very good point Shane, i can only speak for my club, but i know we spend less now than we have any other year in the last 10 years, if it starts to get to the point of stupidity, i'm sure the executive appointed to run our comp will knock it on the head.

Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.

CowCorner;297463 said:

Kingofthevalley;298020 said:
Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.

I'd be very, very, very surprised if there was any money left over for the home grown boys mate. Adams is getting on a bit these days anyway.

Otis;297475 said:

Can you also find out from the moderator what possesed him to put that horrible rinse through that abnormally large bonse he has got on his shoulders. Color at best is baby poo brown. There is not enough alcohol in the world to blame the booze for it. Also for Bundoora for wanting CC to predict the card at Caulfield on Boxing Day, if his poker game is anything to go by, you will be leaving the track empty handed.

Kingofthevalley;298020 said:
Come on mate, if Stuey Adams isn't getting a cent from Bundoora then I'll throw some coin at him next year! I would be very, very, very surprised if he isn't getting something Brad.[/QUOTE

looks like you are very,very,very suprised then!!

i'd have no issue if he was paid, he's been our best performed player the last 3 seasons and has certainly been a big help to myself, on & off the field

i can tell you Stu does not get any money. the only thing he gets out of playing, like others in "A" grade, is his weekly umpires fees paid.

the club has an incentive option available to all players at the end of the season - ie - x amount of runs or wickets , which is also available to all.

If he takes 30+ he'll get something, but missing the next two games might make that difficult.

By all means give him a buzz & offer what you like, i don't like your chances though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back